“The fine dinning version of burritos at a budget price.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 319 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Mexican, Organic, Coffee Shop, Vegetarian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Java Burrito Co. Is a family- owned and operated Mexican Grill & Coffee Bar in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. We've only been around since 2013 yet the family history in the restaurant industry goes back over 100 years!! We use the finest ingredients and traditional methods to produce the most exceptional products. Our Burrito Bar and Coffee Bar sources organic and local food when in season. We never use artificial preservatives and absolutely no growth hormones or antibiotics. Our philosophy promotes positive change within the sustainable farming initiative, supporting farms and individuals with like standards. We look forward to seeing ya'll soon!
Hilton Head Island
“The fine dinning version of burritos at a budget price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I'm still sitting here after wolfing down my burrito bowl and had to break out my laptop to write a review. First off, this place is nice. I'm not sure if they decorated or got to take advantage of the place that was here before them, but the place is NICE! Super comfortable decor and super clean all around. Good music playing and a flat screen on the wall.
Now the food. I've been here like 4 times now, everything has been delicious every time. I had a breakfast burrito that was filled with all the stuff I wanted... pork, eggs, salsa-verde, sour cream, pico even some fresh cilantro. I've tried both chicken and the steak as well and each were also delicious.
Comparing it to a Chipotle is, in my opinion, a diss. This is waaay better than that in every way. Champagne, wine, beer and a great coffee bar, no this is not Chipotle.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“I LOVE THIS PLACE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Java Burrito is awesome! The food is delicious and I love that they are committed to using locally-sourced food. The atmosphere is a relaxed-urban feel and I always see people there that I know. (Yes, the locals LOVE it!) I haven't tried the breakfast yet, but that is only a matter of time! Great work JBC!

Visited June 2014
“Burritos and bubbly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Extremely friendly staff serving up delicious burritos of goodness! If you're a fan of the Chipotle chain, you'll feel right at home ordering some of your favorites plus that elusive queso dip you know you really want. Added bonus they source ingredients from local farms. We stopped in on Saturday afternoon and were enthusiastically greeted. There wasn't a large crowd and the staff took their time making our burritos carefully. While we ate we noticed not only their selection of wine but a quirky selection of very expensive champagne ( $225 Dom Pérignon anyone?) you could enjoy with your giant burritos. I know any burrito enthusiast would have a good time celebrating like that! They had advertisements for their upcoming live music nights and when the line was low several employees were quick to keep up bussing used tables and chatting with customers. Soon after we finished an employee offered to clean away our trays even though it's a take-up-your-trash kind of casual place. Great for a local lunch on the island, you'll leave full and feeling hip for eating at a local establishment that knows burritos go with everything .

acebaby
“Favorite casual dining place on the Island!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This place is fantastic! High quality food, friendly service, great atmosphere. The owner was there and served us with a smile and took time to speak to us for a bit. I like that this place is local. Grass fed meat, local ingredients, organic coffee with organic milk, all make for a future repeat visit in our vacation book. All our teens loved it as well! They also had wine available as well if you want that with your tacos...it's tucked back into Wexford, so don't miss it !

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Fresh mexican and an interesting coffee bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The track lighting, stained concrete, stainless tables and wood trim made for an inviting setting. As we entered, we could see the staff shucking corn, cutting it off the cob and cooking corn salsa. We were extremely impressed with the selection of fresh ingredients.
We actually had hoped for the breakfast they offer, but we were running late and tried a couple of burrito bowls. One with the hormone free chicken and the other with the hormone free beef from the burrito bar. Fast, clean fresh and this is no Moes. Go for the extra guacamole, it was well prepared.
The full coffee bar would satisfy any early morning craving or be a great place for a late latte. Additionally, you can try the organic teas, chocolate, champagne, beer and wine.
Certainly a refreshing change, but perhaps most interesting was the staff. They were all pleasant, helpful and seemed like they enjoyed to work there.
Yes the price will be slightly more than a TacoMax, but there is no question to the value. Definitely make the trip if you are interested in fresh mex or for breakfast and coffee.