“Pretty good for a quick beach trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Metropolitan Hotel Hilton Head

Save Saved
You added Metropolitan Hotel Hilton Head to your Saves list
Metropolitan Hotel Hilton Head
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   36 South Forest Beach Drive 36 S Forest Beach Drive, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Ranked #26 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Cumming, Georgia
“Pretty good for a quick beach trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have stayed here a few times over the past four years. I tend to come with friends and I have been with my mother several times. I believe it is well priced for what is available. Not a far walk to the beach. Pretty close to other activities. The staff has always seemed very nice. It has a convenient bar and grill on the first floor. Although, I am not in the hotel that much because when you go the beach why would you want to be cooped up in a room; the room definitely serves its purpose. Warm shower, bed, and a roof over my head.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Branson, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I got to stay here by "Deep Well Project" I happened to like it, the people who work there were more than beautiful. I was tired and she gave me a clean room, good heat, good hot water and there was a fridge, micro wave, coffee, and I slept and I was happy. the beach across the street with a path you walk down, they had an iron, iron board, and hair dryer. I liked it.

Room Tip: 4505 this was the room I stayed in it was good
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Positive first - close to the beach. Beach access is right across the street so it's a short walk out to the beach (not even a block). Receptionist was nice. Room was good sized but tired and worn and so-so clean. Had a balcony but smallest balcony I had ever seen and view over pool showed the pool to be less than desirable. This would be the type of hotel for young people on spring break.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with balcony - those looked full sized
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The hotel had their parking quite a ways away with an uphill walk with our luggage...not good for 1:00 am check in. Hotels.com said the hotel was 9 miles away. In reality we we were an hour and a half away. The hotel had no hot water for our morning showers. My friend's business is online and we had no wi-fi service either night. No one came into our room during the day. I can live with my bed not being made, but we had no clean towels for when we would be getting up at 6 am to return to our destination. After going downstairs and finding no one was at the desk, we called the phone number and that did no good either. Finally after 27 minutes or so, someone arrived at the desk to take care of us and another couple waiting to check in. The night person who finally identified himself as Keith, finally agreed to bring us towels. ( No washcloths though). We did not have a good nights sleep either night since we lost 3 hours twice (an hour an a half each way, twice). Again, this was because of their error of mileage on the Hotels.com website.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Aug. 15-18. Yes parking can be a challenge. But it's free. Rooms are large, clean, cold and comfortable. Great value...no an outstanding value. .how long do u spend in the room. Hincheys bar is a plus. We stay here at least 4 times a yr. Front desk staff is always pleasant. You have to treat people the same way you want to be treated. Its our go to place. Its not the Rizt...

• Stayed August 2013
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I wish we'd have read the reviews before booking. WE DID NOT STAY HERE. We were given
a " parking pass " though there is no parking. 6 spots for the entire hotel. You have to park in the back behind a gated complex, down a deserted road. Two guys hanging out in a panel van. Not a safe place to leave your car or walk at night. After we were told to come back at 4pm, a man followed us out of the hotel to our car and asked if we were single because they had a ladies special going on at the hotel. We said no and we're not interested. He ran back inside and disappeared. The front desk had no idea who he was, so she claimed. We just had a very bad feeling about the place. The pool was closed. We went elsewhere and cancelled this one. Good thing too. When we mentioned the hotel to anyone, they knew exactly what we were talking about. We are not HHI " snobs " as someone referred to vacationers. Just normal people looking for a clean, affordable stay. We come here yearly and have always had an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We didn't get that far
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Mount Prospect, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

2nd time in vacation at Metropolitan Hotel, Hilton Head Island. Same like last year, very clean room, good service, excellent bar and restaurant at 1st floor. The front desk needs a little bit training. I will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Metropolitan Hotel Hilton Head? Share your experiences!