“The best dinner we have had” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Studio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 320 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pope Avenue
Description: Entice Your Senses While You Dine, Innovative International Cuisine, Live Musical Entertainment, Fine Art Gallery, Artists Creating at the Easel and Early Dining Discounts Available. Private Dining Room Available for up to 40 People Rated Top Restaurant in Hilton Head 2008-2009 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence
Vienna, Virginia
“The best dinner we have had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The meal was the best I have had. I got the crab and vidella onion bisque. It was soooo delicious. Then I got the grouper with crab. Again, delicious. For dessert we shared the bread pudding. The meal was so good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston, Massachusetts
“Are you kidding?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Normally I agree with trip advisor. BAD meal for the 2 of us and the 2 at the next table since they sent theirs back and were not happy the second time either. I had the trio sampler and my wife the hippy loaf all tasteless and it was not cheap to eat here insult to injury

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Strange place with very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The first thing our server said to us upon entering was that all the artwork in the place was by the owner's wife and was for sale. Let's just say the artwork wasn't to our taste and leave it at that. Nor was the electronic music. Having gotten that out of the way, our server was very professional and the food was delicious and well paced. My husband tried the crab and Vidalia onion bisque and it was lovely. I ordered their "palette" which was a trio of entrees on a plate shaped like a palette. The rack of lamb was outstanding and wonderfully seasoned, the petite filet mignon topped with a dab of goat cheese and was quite tasty, and the third entree was a grouper with crabmeat that for me didn't quite fit with the other two but was well done. The mashed potatoes were excellent as well. Portions are generous so there was no room for dessert.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Another great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is our 4th year dining at the Studio, and have never been disappointed. We made reservations for my wife and I, along with my parents (for their anniversary) and brought along our 8 month old daughter. Normally I would not bring her to a nice place like this, as to not potentially ruin the ambiance of this dining experience. We booked on Open Table, mentioned my folks anniversary and that we were thinking of bringing our new daughter.

When we arrived they sat us in the back dining room normally reserved for large parties, I was thrilled. We had a great meal, they even let my dad play (and tune) the guitar. I had the palate, which had Grouper, Lamb, and Filet. Excellent as always. My mom and wife got the Mahi special and it was the best dish of the night. Topped with some sort of crab mix.

We come here every year, and while it is a little expensive is well worth it to us. Can't wait for next Summer!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati
“Best Filet on the Island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have dined at The Studio many times over the years and I have to say that their Filet is the best in HHI! It just melted in my mouth. I loved the mild goat cheese piped on the filet and the sauce was outstanding. I always chose the crab and corn bisque and I was not disappointed. The Studio has an outstanding value in its early dining menu, including the filet. Strongly recommended!!! I do agree with other reviewers that the atmosphere could benefit from a slight update... but that will not deter me from going back- I'm a definite "repeat diner." Thanks Chef Paul!

• Visited July 2013