“Loved our food and service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 320 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Loved our food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We each ordered something different to try: one daughter ordered the special of the evening, which was a lamb shank, another daughter ordered the seafood pasta dish and I ordered the Parmesan Encrusted Grouper. Everything was excellent, including the sides of vegetables! We then ordered dessert, and the chef prepared a Grand Marnier soufflé on the house, along with creme caramel and chocolate mousse. Each was flavorful and delicious! I am looking forward to returning in the near future.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Best French”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Have been here several times over the past year and it is truly the best French locally. The chef knows what he is doing with classic French cooking. I enjoy the fact that there is no attempt at "elegant"or "nouvelle" but rather good old fashioned bistro-type food.
Don't expect French to be spoken by the local servers but they work well and service is timely. The tab is not low but,as in most places, you won't mind because there is value here.

Visited June 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“We are glad we decided to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

In the annual Best of Bluffton/Hilton online voting I saw Claude & Uil's nominated for best French restaurant. I had not heard of them before. After a little research we decided to visit. What a pleasant surprise. The food was excellent. The service was great. When we returned home I logged onto my laptop and voted for Claude & Uli's as the best french restaurant.

The restaurant is small. Reservations are recommended.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bloomington, IN
“A Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My 12 year-old son and husband and I ate here on a Monday night while vacationing on Hilton Head. The food, service and atmosphere were outstanding. Each dish was expertly prepared. The portion sizes were just right. This place is a low key GEM. If you love really good food, you won't want to miss this place. (Our son is very adventurous when it comes to food. I don't know if the "average" kid would enjoy this place, though. They don't serve mac & cheese, chicken fingers...)

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful off island restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I visited the restaurant last night for the first time in many years. My wife had the mushroom soup ans signature veal dish. Both were excellent. I had the shrimp cocktail and chicken cordon bleu and loved them both. We split the desert sampler and was not disappointed. They have a good wine list with reasonably priced wines. We will definitely return.

Visited May 2013