“What took us so long....?” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 319 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Michael Anthony’s Cucina Italiana offers traditional regional Italian cuisine combining innovative presentations and style. The award winning culinary team presents a menu using the freshest ingredients for an unforgettable culinary experience featuring homemade gnocchi, succulent veal,daily selections of fresh fish and house-made desserts. Acknowledged by food and wine enthusiasts and critics alike, the restaurant presents a fine-dining experience combining an award-winning wine list, exquisite food, attentive service and the personal touch of a family-owned restaurant serving the Lowcountry since 2002. In addition, Michael Anthony’s operates a Cooking School conducting weekly hands-on and demonstration style cooking classes and a specialty Italian market. Please visit our website or call for information for our class schedule or dining reservations.
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
“What took us so long....?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Our experience was utterly fantastic & we sat there at the end of the meal wondering why we had waited so long to return. It was excellent years ago and has only gotten better. We were greeted by a friendly staff...the manager Ian is awesome! Upon arriving at our table in a warm, cozy room we met our server Lucy, a very efficient, personable server who expertly guided us through the daily specials, menu & wine list. I had the specials; crab salad app followed by Osso Bucco both a 5 star rating in my book. My husband had mussels as an app. then the veal scaloppini, my daughter; the beet salad and pasta with shrimp, spinach & pine nuts. Picture perfect dishes and delicious. Dessert: we shared the hot, soft-centered chocolate soufflé cake w/ caramel, sea-salt gelato. An excellent finish to a truly a beautiful experience for the body & soul.

• Visited June 2014

Hilton Head Island SC
“Okay, not best by far”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

With Michael leaving and going to Ombra, seems like this place is losing it touch. I had the veal and it was over breaded and tough. My wifes fish was dry....not like it use to be.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Spring Hill, Florida
“Astonishing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Planned a surprise trip to Hilton Head for my hubby. Did my research and made reservations for his birthday. Sent the restaurant an email asking if there were any cooking classes on his big day (he loves to cook), but there were none. A few days later I received an email from Michael Anthony's letting me know there was a special wine pairing dinner planned that night. Then, I received a phone call from them letting me know the menu might contain some elements that were not compatible with my husband's food allergies! I was so taken by their caring and attention. But then I received another call letting me know the chef would be willing to prepare each course separately, especially for my birthday guy. Now that is service way beyond exceptional..it was extraordinary. That night's dinner was one of the loveliest we've ever had. The wine flights were excellent, and getting to sit at dinner with the company's representative from Italy was fun and most educational. Our table companions were delightful. But the food was beyond fabulous. Chef even came out to wish hubby happy birthday and see if everything was ok. We were so delighted and felt so special. It was a most memorable dinner! Do check for their special wine dinners, you won't be disappointed by the ambiance, the service, nor the food. Five stars just isn't enough!

Columbia, Missouri
“Wedding Rehearsal Dinner - Ian Mason was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

On May 31, 2014, my wife and I hosted a rehearsal dinner for a destination wedding on Hilton Head island. No one attending the wedding was from the local area, so we had to depend on sources such as Tripadvisor to help guide us a bit. I've never written a review on TripAdvisor but wanted people to know about this wonderful restaurant. If you are hosting an event, Michael Anthony's has an event room on the second floor of their restaurant that can hold approximately 55 people. We had 36 people attend our rehearsal dinner from various parts of the country and I received compliments from many of them personally about the food and service at this event. Some said, it was the best food and service they had ever had at any rehearsal dinner, so I wanted to share their thoughts here as well. I wanted to give a special thanks to Ian Mason, Special Events Manager for Michael Anthony's. He was fantastic! He never waivered in his willingness to help and make adjustments when requested. I thought I knew a little bit about planning for events, but Ian gave me some additional insight into things such as the food, wine, etc., that was very helpful and helped make this a perfect night! I would highly recommend this restaurant for your special event.

“Another fantastic meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Our family had another great meal here. We had the Bolognese Tagliatelle, Spaghetti with fresh lump crab, arugula and sweet baby tomatoes sautéed with white wine, and Scaloppine of pork sautéed with lemon, capers, garlic and white wine. For desert get either the chocolate soufflé cake or the Tiramasu cake, both are fantastic.

Only downside it no kids menu, but it isn't really a place for small children.