“Another fantastic meal.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 290 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Michael Anthony’s Cucina Italiana offers traditional regional Italian cuisine combining innovative presentations and style. The award winning culinary team presents a menu using the freshest ingredients for an unforgettable culinary experience featuring homemade gnocchi, succulent veal,daily selections of fresh fish and house-made desserts. Acknowledged by food and wine enthusiasts and critics alike, the restaurant presents a fine-dining experience combining an award-winning wine list, exquisite food, attentive service and the personal touch of a family-owned restaurant serving the Lowcountry since 2002. In addition, Michael Anthony’s operates a Cooking School conducting weekly hands-on and demonstration style cooking classes and a specialty Italian market. Please visit our website or call for information for our class schedule or dining reservations.
“Another fantastic meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Our family had another great meal here. We had the Bolognese Tagliatelle, Spaghetti with fresh lump crab, arugula and sweet baby tomatoes sautéed with white wine, and Scaloppine of pork sautéed with lemon, capers, garlic and white wine. For desert get either the chocolate soufflé cake or the Tiramasu cake, both are fantastic.

Only downside it no kids menu, but it isn't really a place for small children.

“Absolutely delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We were visiting hilton head for a few days on vacation & found this place using trip advisor. We went for dinner & let me tell you- this was the best meal we have had out at a restaurant in a long time!! My husband had a special they offered that night, it was salon with crab meat on top over a bed of farro mixed with roasted veggies & drizzled with lemon butter sauce-it was SO good!! Perfectly done! I had spaghetti with crab, arugula, tomato in a light oil sauce- this was delicious!! We also had my 2 yr old son with us & they brought out a perfect small plate of penne & meatballs for him, which he loved!! We finished with the homemade tiramisu!!!! Omg I could have licked the plate! This was truly a hidden Italian gem in Hilton head .. And we are from the north so we know good Italian food! A must try. Oh and I can't for the life of me remember our servers name, curly brown hair, but she was absolutely fantastic! Made our meal that much more enjoyable!

Visited May 2014
Covington, Georgia
“Beyond Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This was our second visit to Michael Anthony's. The first time we went, my wife and I were without the kids, and it was one of the top five meals I have ever had in my life. This time, we had our young children with us (ages 9 and 5), and I was reluctant to go with them because the restaurant is rather intimate. I certainly did not want to intrude on others' meals. I called and asked about children. The restaurant encouraged us to come so we made a reservation for an early seating at 5:15 p.m. We were seated upstairs, which is a little more open than downstairs. That worked well for the kids. The server was terrific and suggested an excellent bottle of wine for the adults. The pace of the meal was great. The food was superb. The meatball appetizer is delicious. The fresh fish special was great. The veal was great. While there is not a kids menu, the chef was able to accommodate our children with good choices that they enjoyed. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. I would prefer to go without the kids, but don't shy away if you are on HHI with the family.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Mangia - Mangia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is a well known restaurant in HH, and once you eat here you will know why. Michael Anthony's consistently delivers great Italian cuisine. My wife and I went here for the early bird special, which is definitely not for the birds, but is very special. 5:15 - 5:45, and is less then $20.

We ordered two dinners and then we usually split so we can try a couple of things. I started off with the beet salad. Amazing; Insalata di Barbabietole con Cipolle e Arugula
Red beet salad with balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil
and fresh mint, garnished with red onion and arugula. A couple of things that popped out at me. The beets were all perfectly the same diameter. Like they used only certain parts of the beet to make the presentation look great. The red onion and arugula with the vinegar dressing made me want to get a little combination of each ingredient at the same time to make the beets come alive on my palette. This salad is a winner and will become my staple the next time I come here.

I then had the Saltimbocca di Maiale Scaloppine of pork topped with prosciutto and sage,
sautéed with white wine, garlic and demi-glace
The night I was there I believe this dish was created slightly different but is one I would get again with out hesitation. The pork is pounded out beautifully to the right proportion, and comes out so tender it will melt in your mouth. The gravy they put over the pork is so good that you keep wanting more, to the point my wife and I were seeing who would get the bigger piece. You will not be disappointing with this dish.

My wife had the Spaghetti con Granchio, Arugula e Pomodoro Fresca
garlic and extra virgin olive oil

This dish will knock your socks off. What amazed me was that while it was spaghetti, it was cooked perfectly, with great taste. What was even more amazing was that the sauce they covered the spaghetti with; It was light, and full of flavor. The sauce was not drowning the spaghetti, but gently covered each noodle. The lump crab on top just added to the total wonderfulness of the dish. You will not be disappointed.

Lastly for being a bird who shows up before the rest, dessert was included in the price of my dinner. Before I tell you about this, let me assure you that you will get plenty to eat at the EBS. So much that Finnie (the baritone waiter) packaged our dessert up for us so we could enjoy it later.

We had the Tiramisu Classico Espresso and rum soaked ladyfingers layered with a
mascarpone mousse and cocoa and Profiterole alla Cioccolata
Homemade Italian crème puffs filled with vanilla cream
served with chocolate sauce

Both of these deserts tasted as if they were just made. The ladyfingers caressed by the mascarpone mousse was heavenly, and the creme puffs melted in your mouth with chocolate and vanilla cream. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

One last note. I had the house wine along with my dinner, but a drink also come with the EBS. I forget what the house wine was, but it is also worth getting. Cheers

honolulu
“Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Excellent Italian food. For starters try the beef carpaccio or the beet salad. The spaghetti with crabmeat is superb. For desert you can't go wrong with the profiteroles and panna cotta.