“Small dining room with great food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 322 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Michael Anthony’s Cucina Italiana offers traditional regional Italian cuisine combining innovative presentations and style. The award winning culinary team presents a menu using the freshest ingredients for an unforgettable culinary experience featuring homemade gnocchi, succulent veal,daily selections of fresh fish and house-made desserts. Acknowledged by food and wine enthusiasts and critics alike, the restaurant presents a fine-dining experience combining an award-winning wine list, exquisite food, attentive service and the personal touch of a family-owned restaurant serving the Lowcountry since 2002. In addition, Michael Anthony’s operates a Cooking School conducting weekly hands-on and demonstration style cooking classes and a specialty Italian market. Please visit our website or call for information for our class schedule or dining reservations.
Florida
“Small dining room with great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Michael Anthony's Cucina

A small and very nice dinning room that is quite energetic when full of dinners but one can still have a conversation. Our shrimp and pasta dish was very good. The Caesar Salads were excellent. The wine list was extensive but light on California wines. Located in a strip mall a few blocks off of Pope near the traffic circle.

Visited March 2014

“Great dining experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We decided to go here for our last dinner in Hilton Head hoping to save the best for last. We were not disappointed. The service was impeccable and they did something I've never seen before. They swapped out my white napkin for a black napkin as I was wearing dark clothing. I've eaten at many restaurants around the world and that was a first for me. The wine list was huge with a great selection.

I had the meatballs for a starter followed by the special that evening a stuffed proscuitto wrapped Berkshire pork loin. Dessert was their dessert sampler. The pork was delicious and perfectly cooked with the prosciutto it was wrapped in crispy without being burned. This main dish was the best I had in Hilton Head and perhaps the best I've had in some time.

Visited February 2014
New Orleans
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had the good fortune to dine last week at Michael Anthony's. By far one of the best meal - Italian - or otherwise that I have had in a while, and that's saying a lot being from New Orleans. From the appetizers to the mains, the food was excellent. The roast chicken I had was perfect. The pasta with shrimp that my wife had was also great. The wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable both about the food and the wines we enjoyed.
I highly recommend Michael Anthony's to anyone who wants a great meal while in the Hilton Head area.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hilton Head Island SC
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I had dinner at Michael Anthony's with friends last night. Everything was great - food, service and atmosphere. We spent the dinner saying to each other - "You've got to try this!". It was that good. Waiter was very friendly, funny and informative. He put us some Super Tuscan wine that was really outstanding.

Jim Collett
Hilton Head Island

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Durham, North Carolina
“good food, just not enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

4 of us, golf buddies ate there recently. We were quite happy with the seafood and pastas, however two of us split a pasta dish since most restaurants now give you huge portions, we can't do a box take out since we are visiting and eating out every night so that doesn't work. The portions were too small, splitting a salad same deal so for once we were underfed. Other guys praised the food so I do recommend you go, just don't halve the meal.Bob Ross

• Visited March 2014