“Superb” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had lunch here so didn't get a chance to enjoy the sunset but the food was prepared perfectly and the service was outstanding. Super friendly and accommodating. It wasn't a busy day so the owner was happy to chat about his business and I was happy to ask questions. Do not let the "trailer park" drivel in other reviews put you off. There is an RV Park but it's high end. Many of the RVs that roll in only a few can afford. The Sunset Grille wasn't cheap, you get what you pay for, but I can't wait to go back and try their dinner menu with what looked to be a fantastic wine list.

Visited July 2012

Arlington
“Best Restaurant on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

If you are visiting Hilton Head this needs to be on your list! I have been here twice, once on each of my trips to HH and between the beautiful sunset views, the amazing food, and the warm and friendly service this is easily my favorite place to dine on the island. You will need reservations in the summer months and ask for a table in the far corner by the windows for the best views. Everything I have had to eat there has been great but there specialty is the smoked salmon and it really is fantastic. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
“The best dinner out in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had the grilled pork porterhouse, the sauce was to die for, others had the lamb and swordfish, all said their meals were perfect, greatl service.

Go at Sunset it is beautiful. It is in an odd spot in a campground so it is a bit quirky to find, but worth the trouble

Visited July 2012
Charleston, WV
“Wonderful dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Love eating at the Sunset Grille. We used to eat here every trip to Hilton Head but had grandchildren with us and wouldn't take them. A nice restaurant with great food and a wonderful view. Terrific wine list. My swordfish was cooked perfect and my husband loved the hot smoked salmon. He had a fabulous dessert, banana and Meyer rum cheesecake.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Perfect!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have lived on the island for about 6 years and had just recently tried the Sunset Grille. The staff was very friendly and accommodating when making our reservation. It was my husband and I's anniversary, so we were looking forward to a nice meal. It is a small restaurant, really cute and cozy. NOT a place for screaming children, or ones that like to run around. Everything we ordered was excellent! We started with Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Oysters, both were awesome! Next we split a salad that had the best basil champagne dressing. Our main courses were Shrimp and Grits and Swordfish. These were the best shrimp and grits I have ever had, hands down!!!The grits were so yummy!!! Being from the south, this is hard to find. The Swordfish was cooked perfectly with some type of spicy strawberry bbq sauce, had a little heat, but was delicious! We enjoyed everything so much that we made ourselves order dessert, even though we were very full, because we heard about the bread pudding. What a great decision!!! I think it was strawberry with white chocolate. It was served warm with a warm caramel-type sauce. What a great finish to a great meal. We also had a bottle of wine (their list was really nice) and our check was UNDER $140. For two food and wine lovers that dine out frequently, this was one of the best meals we have enjoyed together since we met. We will definitely go back and look forward to trying their lunch and Sunday brunch!!! Great job Sunset Grille!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere