“Terrific stay” 5 of 5 stars

Atlanta,Ga
“Terrific stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Guys golf trip, Harbour Town GC Was more than expected, great shape, great golf
New Heron Pointe was good, new Plantation clubhouse amazing. We stayed in Heritage Villas which was good, right on #1 @ Harbour Town. Only problem with Sea Pines is there is nothing to do after 9:00 PM !

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My friend and I just got back from a week stay at Sea Pines. We were instantly in love!!

We booked with the "Getaway Package" and I would book it again!! Next week if I could get the time off work again!!

Our villa was AMAZING!!! I know there's quite a range of types/styles of places to stay, but the one we chose was PERFECT. I will do my best to stay there EVERY TIME!!

Food - EVERY RESTAURANT we tried was DELICIOUS. Amazing service (especially by James at Live Oak - definitely listen to his suggestions on food and wine!) and just all around class. We enjoyed every meal to it's fullest. We were NEVER disappointed!!
We also had a few discounts due to the package we booked, keep in mind, some of these places are a bit on the pricey side.
We were a little disappointed that we couldn't try everywhere as a few were closed for the 'low season', but we did make the choice to come when it wasn't as busy, so we can't complain too much about that.
We tried:
- Live Oak
- Quarterdeck
- Coast
- HarbourTown Bakery & Cafe (we had lunch/snacks/coffees here)
- The Salty Dog cafe (or it's temporary location...there was construction...so it was a bit confusing, but we only ate breakfast here)

Tennis - We had an absolute blast at the Raquet club!! We did daily drills every day, some private lessons, a weekend workout, and some of our own practice (about 2hrs per day). The courts were gorgeous. Fantastic staff and a great little shop in case you're feeling like some new tennis gear! We never had trouble getting court time or lessons (but again, not sure how much of this had to do with the 'low season').
Special mention goes to Michael, Mark, and Job (our instructors) who made our trip unforgettable!!!!

Golf - we took private golf lessons (the "3-hour school") and we really enjoyed this as well. It was our first time ever playing golf, and our instructor, Jesse, was fantastic! He was very patient with us and gave us a good idea of the different major strokes we'd need to know and how to play on a course. We even got to go out on a golf cart for a bit! We did book these before we left for our trip, so I would recommend that for sure.
It's worth mentioning that they were great at communicating with us, planning our lessons based on the weather and calling us when they had to change our instructor at the last minute due to our original instructor having to deal with an emergency situation at the time of our lessons.

Bikes - Our package came with complimentary bicycles, and WOW! They made our trip!! The bikes paths are gorgeous!! and the bikes they provided were of great quality!!! If you book with bike rentals, definitely arrange it in advance, they'll get your bike size and leave them at your villa. Then all you have to do when you leave is leave them outside your villa and they deal with picking them up at the end as well!!

Front deak - the front desk was excellent. Everyone there was very helpful, called to make sure everything was ok on the morning after our arrival. Called to offer a late check-out. My friend had to mail herself something to the resort and they were great about it, called when it arrived. And, no surprise charges on our bill at the end!!

I did experience a few minor 'hiccups' at the very end. I had a late checkout and the 'property inspection' ladies were inside our villa when I got back from tennis! Yikes! (actually 15 minutes earlier than even regular check-out time would have been...) but I called the front desk and they apologized and even verified who the ladies were, found out how the mistake happened and called me back to explain (just to give me peace of mind).
The second 'hiccup' was the doorcode to get into the villa got reset before checkout also...so I got locked out!! I had to find a friendly neighbour (who was home, thank goodness!) and ask him to use his phone to call the front...luckily, they were able to reset the code over the phone...but it took some time....luckily I was packing up early (it was still an hour before checkout) or I might have missed my flight!!

I will say, we rented a car, and YOU NEED TO! (the resort is HUGE and taxis are EXPENSIVE!)

I recommend trying at least one restaurant off the resort - we tried "Sage Room" by referral and it was FANTASTIC!

DON'T RIDE BIKES AFTER DARK!! There are NO streetlights here, and it gets pitch black VERY FAST. If you wait until dusk to head back, you will get caught in the dark...and the paths are wind through the trees and there are no gates/fences...so you could end up in a lagoon in some places if you went off the side of the path....(alligators!!)

All in all, we had such an amazing time. We will go again FOR SURE!

Room Tip: Check the photos and specs of the villa/condo/house that you're renting. They are all very diffe...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Welcome Desk staff Charlotte, Becky,Tianna, Richard exceptional ambassadors of the Resort. Perfectly attentive and responsive... Couldn't ask for better at any cost. Accommodations were great spot on to our wishes. Great golf and lagoon view.

• Stayed January 2015
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

I have been to Hilton Head before, several times, have rented a house and stayed at the Inn. This time decided to rent a villa in order to be on the beach and have cooking amenities. The resort has so much to offer families, couples and solo. Love it! When looking for a small condo/villa, checked the ratings and the one chose was rated as "deluxe" "Well appointed accommodations featuring quality furnishings, special features as well as quality kitchens and baths." Having traveled many places, I do not consider "dirty" as "deluxe". The apt was dated, the lines were worn, floors were dirty, door jams were stained and the overall appointments - old. The worst was the bedding. I carry spray with me every where I travel and this time no amount of germ fighting spray would help with the itching and biting feel in bed (I shudder to think!). The refrigerator smelled and fortunately all the food was sealed. The view on the other hand was incredible! Location was great! So next time, I will just do a bit more research and not take the rating for granted!

Room Tip: Don't take the rating for granted. Call directly, rather than booking online
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015

Great christmas and new year stay in Heritage Villas in Sea Pines Resort

Great weather, great beach, nice restaurants and loads of biking, tennis and golf

highly recommend this winter escape for family

Room Tip: Get close to Harbour Town
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

Because of the mid-Atlantic's unseasonably warm December weather, our family decided to get away to Sea Pines Resort during Christmas week. We couldn't be happier with our decision. The resort is lovely, the golfing was tremendous (gorgeous and challenging), the Stoney Creek villa we rented was wonderful and the resort staff was welcoming and helpful! It was our first visit to Hilton Head Island, and Sea Pines was a smart choice. Off-season prices were real nice and the resort offered additional benefits like discounted meals, free bike rentals, tennis, etc. We're already looking forward to our next visit!

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014

I visited Sea Pines Resort in May 2013 for 5 days. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa with a full kitchen, living room, and 2 full bathrooms. It was spacious for two people and comfortable. The resort offers several activities, plus shopping, and great restaurants. I went kayaking with dolphins and horseback riding on the trails. The entire resort was peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sea Pines Resort? Share your experiences!