“Best experience I have had in a restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Redfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 322 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Palmetto Bay
Description: Red Fish specializes in excellent seafood and steaks with an upbeat Caribbean/Asian flair. A recipient of Wine Spectator Magazine's Best of Award of Excellence since 2001, Red Fish offers over 1300 wines from around the world for you to choose in our retail shop to enjoy with your meal (with a small corkage fee) or to take home.
Hilton Head, SC
“Best experience I have had in a restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

My wife and I are local residents of Hilton Head. We used to go out around the restaurant scene all the time, but since having a five month old baby we have been unable to get out quite as much as we used to. Needless to say, this was our "big night out" so we wanted to do it right. I had eaten at redfish before and remembered it being one of the best restaurants I had been to. But i did not remember it being this great.

The server was prompt and polite, but was not pushy . She was there when we needed her, but she still gave us plenty of time to decide what kind of wine we wanted, what entrees we wanted, and really she just gave us time to enjoy each others company without being pushy like some other servers can be.

My wife got the Filet Mignon that was served with Stuffed Mushrooms and Spinanch, and I got the Broiled Scallops that was served with the Lobster Macaronni. We spit these two entrees and really were in disbelief at how amazing both were. The presentation was beautiful, and although we hadn't really had alone time without a baby in a while, it was kind of funny that all we could talk about was how outstanding the food was.

In addition to the food, there is a huge wine list. We elected to get a $34 bottle of Merlot. I think it was called Canyon Road. It was one of the lower priced wines, but completely did the trick for us.

As the nights my wife and I get out are few and far between anymore, I just wanted to commend redfish for making our night out as great as they did. It really is a big deal to us that things were so awesome because its not everyday we get to go out like this anymore. THANK YOU REDFISH for giving us the best dining experience I can remember.

Massachusetts
“Outstanding fish, wine & service. Highly recommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

I don't usually tend toward hyperbole, but I have to say that Redfish's grilled sea bass is the best piece of fish I've ever had. Truly marvelous. So much so, that I made a return visit two nights later, and it was every bit as good. The wine selection is also outstanding; had a wonderful Malbec. Service excellent; attentive, but not intrusive. Highly recommend.

Tennessee
“Great Food! Would highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

You can't order a bad dish at this restaurant. Order with no worries, eat, and have a great time. I highly recommend the outside deck seating at night in the fall.

south carolina
“Enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

This was our first dining experience at Redfish, and we found it to be one of the best all around meals this week.
The food was was outstanding. We ordered the spring rolls and smoked salmon flat bread for our appetizers, and highly recommend both. I ordered the scallops over lobster pasta...to die for. The best scallops I have ever had, and the presentation was amazing. My husband ordered the crab cakes, and I must say they were wonderful as well.
Staff was very attentive from the moment we stepped into the restaurant. Our waitress was very knowledgeable with the wine selection, which is something we appreciate when dining out. Very friendly wait staff. Impeccable service.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“One of the best gets even better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

Returned to Redfish on our annual (37th) visit to HHI. We have enjoyed our 5 previous experiences here but this one 8/16 was the best yet. Appetizers, entrees, desserts and service were outstanding. The tuna tartar and spring rolls were excellent as were the sea bass and scallops.

The ability to purchase wine at retail in their shop (excellent and diverse selection and price points) is a big plus ( $10.00 corkage fee). Don't miss this one