“Outstanding fish, wine & service. Highly recommend.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Redfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 290 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Palmetto Bay
Description: Red Fish specializes in excellent seafood and steaks with an upbeat Caribbean/Asian flair. A recipient of Wine Spectator Magazine's Best of Award of Excellence since 2001, Red Fish offers over 1300 wines from around the world for you to choose in our retail shop to enjoy with your meal (with a small corkage fee) or to take home.
Massachusetts
“Outstanding fish, wine & service. Highly recommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

I don't usually tend toward hyperbole, but I have to say that Redfish's grilled sea bass is the best piece of fish I've ever had. Truly marvelous. So much so, that I made a return visit two nights later, and it was every bit as good. The wine selection is also outstanding; had a wonderful Malbec. Service excellent; attentive, but not intrusive. Highly recommend.

Tennessee
“Great Food! Would highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

You can't order a bad dish at this restaurant. Order with no worries, eat, and have a great time. I highly recommend the outside deck seating at night in the fall.

south carolina
“Enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

This was our first dining experience at Redfish, and we found it to be one of the best all around meals this week.
The food was was outstanding. We ordered the spring rolls and smoked salmon flat bread for our appetizers, and highly recommend both. I ordered the scallops over lobster pasta...to die for. The best scallops I have ever had, and the presentation was amazing. My husband ordered the crab cakes, and I must say they were wonderful as well.
Staff was very attentive from the moment we stepped into the restaurant. Our waitress was very knowledgeable with the wine selection, which is something we appreciate when dining out. Very friendly wait staff. Impeccable service.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“One of the best gets even better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

Returned to Redfish on our annual (37th) visit to HHI. We have enjoyed our 5 previous experiences here but this one 8/16 was the best yet. Appetizers, entrees, desserts and service were outstanding. The tuna tartar and spring rolls were excellent as were the sea bass and scallops.

The ability to purchase wine at retail in their shop (excellent and diverse selection and price points) is a big plus ( $10.00 corkage fee). Don't miss this one

Oaktown
“Nice but pricey restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

Just had dinner there -- my wife loved the sea bass, I had the lobster/shrimp "burger" [easily eaten without the bun like a crabcake]. Lovely location, good service. I thought the menu was a bit pricey -- $33 for a 16oz steak, for instance.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere