“Hidden Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I've been coming to Hilton Head for years and only recently discovered Le Bistro. With tapas, and early dining menu and exceptional specials, last nights dinner did not disappoint. The Lamb Shank was excellent, the scallops out of this world and my wife really enjoyed her chicken livers. To truly enjoy the Mediterranean cuisine, we added the olives and hummus as well as fried artichoke hearts. The quality of the food was excellent and the service was good. The only issue I have is they present an early bird menu on the left side and the regular menu on the right. The early bird is until 930pm but the owner basically said it was "not available" at 7pm. He did allow my daughter to order the leg of lamb off the early bird side but charged us $27.00 instead of $15.95. They fixed this after the fact. They also failed to tell us the specials were $32.00 but I didn't ask so I deserved it. Bottom line is the food is exceptional but the communication not so much! I will go back and be sure to clarify before I order. The food is authentic and seriously worth it!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Local Bistro ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Located in a mall that looks like it's on its way out! This plus an "early" dining menu good until 9:30 gave the impression it'd be quiet! Heck no - bustling and clearly a local favourite. We had to ask for the early menu but 2 courses for $15.95 was excellent value and a good experience. Salad especially nice.

“Great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great meal, great service. Local fried oysters to die for. Leg of lamp - very good with a great sauce. Veal Piccata was perfect again with a great sauce.

Newcastle, Canada
“Early Dining Menu Was Just Right...filled the spot without stuffing us!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Had we ventured into Le Bistro Mediterranean earlier in our relatively short stay in Hilton Head, we probably would have returned for the Early Dining Menu which offered enough variety for a second visit with filling while not overwhelming portion sizes.

(While I realize it is our choice whether or not to eat the whole meal as offered, I often find it disconcerting traveling in the States to be told whatever we don't eat we can take home with us...and then we reply..."to a hotel with a fridge and a microwave and we don't fly or drive back for a few more days"!)

My wife had the Butternut Squash Ravioli and a glass of Riesling, while I went for the Leg of Lamb Au Jus with a glass of Merlot. Both came with a small Greek salad with an interesting house dressing and a basket of parmesan garlic toast.

I would highly recommend Le Bistro Mediterranean over at least one of the "over-rated tourist traps" we ate at this past week!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Farmington Hills, MI
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Food was excellent (Veal Marsala and seafood crepe). Service very attentive and helpful. Staff took care to present the best. Of all the choices on the Island, Le Bistro should be on your list.
PS Also has a fine Tappas Bar.

• Visited October 2013