“Great help with unexpected injury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Back In Balance Massage

Back In Balance Massage
1032 William Hilton Parkway, Located Directly Above Jiva Yoga, Hilton Head, SC 29928
+1 843-422-4841
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 164 Activities in Hilton Head
More attraction details
Owner description: The mission of Back In Balance is to restore, inspire, and promote balance and well being in the bodies, minds, and souls of clients. We strive to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of clients. Our philosophy is to complement the body's desire to find balance through quality bodywork.
Maryville, Tennessee
“Great help with unexpected injury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

While visiting Hilton Head Island in July 2012, I experienced an unusual shoulder injury. I Googled massage, made a quick appointment, and was treated by a therapist who told me I was breathing wrong. Needless to say that wasn't the problem, and my pain persisted. While trying to stretch at a nearby gym, I asked some friendly locals who else might be able to help, and they told me about Mike Christensen.
My therapy with Mike was great. Throughout the massage, he explained what was probably causing the pain, how he was treating it, and afterwards, provided advice about continual care. Mike was beyond helpful and simply amazing--in fact, I am continuing to follow his instructions.
My experience at Back In Balance was excellent, and I recommend Mike Christensen without reservations.

Visited July 2012

“Excellent Therapy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I am not a big massage fan but after suffering through some chroning shoulder pain I went to Mike for a "massage"- but what Mike does is more like therapy. Targeting both the bothersome area and the areas around it, Mike not only made the area feel much better but also explained to me what he was doing and why. It was a great experience and I plan on going back many times.

Visited August 2012
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Want to Train Harder and Longer?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The first time I met Mike was while we were training at Crossfit. Being a fellow athlete he understood some of my flexibility challenges. He was able to target those areas successfully which led to my being able to exercise longer and harder.
Besides being very professional and knowledgeable Mike provides a very relaxing atmosphere.
Definitely recommend it!

Visited June 2012
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Mike Christensen is very knowledgeable and professional. Great atmosphere and extremely relaxing and comfortable. I have had shoulder problems for quite some time and after visiting with Mike I am 100% better. He is amazing and I have been back to see him several times. I would recommend him to anyone. This is a must do if you are visiting or a local. Best message ever!!

Visited June 2012
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Total relaxation and rehabilitation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Mike is a fantastic massage therapist who knows how to assess the needs of the individual and treat them perfectly to not only relax the muscles but also fix ailments that may have seemed untreatable. I have had on and off back issues that have never been helped by any other massage therapist that have lasted months at times, but a single visit to Mike will alleviate the issue for quite some time. He is a great guy, very professional, and the best on the island.

Visited April 2012