“Great Family Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 121 activities in Hilton Head
Type: Boat Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Harbour Town Adventures Enviro Tours have been operating out of Harbour Town Yacht Basin since 1993 and is Hilton Head Islands premiere adventure company. Enviro Tours Explore the Calibogue Sound and surrounding waterways on an Enviro Tour! Discover Atlantic Bottlenose dolphin, sea turtles, eagles, and other marine wildlife in their natural habitat. Adventure over to Daufuskie Island and comb the beach for shells, or slow down and take a step back in time. Relax and take in the beauty of a lowcountry sunset, while touring the salt marshes and tidal creeks. Whatever you choose it's bound to be an adventure, that's fun for all ages!
Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“Great Family Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went on the 2 Hour Beach Combing Trip with our two little boys (7 & 2). They loved the whole experience!!! Looking for dolphins, riding in the boat, exploring the vanishing island at low tide and even getting a chance to drive the boat!! We loved every minute of the trip! We will definitely do this again next summer!!

Visited July 2013

7 attraction reviews
“Good for beginner children who don't know how to work a waverunner.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

My kids wanted to drive waverunners but haven't ever done it. I thought a guided tour would be better than just throwing them out there. They explained how to work the waverunner really quickly. Told us to drive the waverunner out to the meeting location which was pretty far out. My daughter couldn't figure out how to make the waverunner go once we were pushed out into the ocean. I was on the back of this triple with another child in front of me so I couldn't help. She finally figured it out and we went out to the meeting point to wait on the guide who took quite a while to come out. We thought we had to wait there so lost some time using the waverunner waiting out there. When he came we followed him out into calm waters where my child got much better at working the waverunner. The guide found some dolphins for us and we got really close to them. It started to rain and my child did not bring her sun glasses or buy their goggles. BiG MISTAKE!. She had to wear mine to see to drive. Saltwater in your eyes and rain pelting you in the face not fun. Bring sunglasses or get their goggles is a must! Riding the waverunner with my child driving in the ocean not so much fun. But she liked it more in the calm waters than the ocean. So the enviro tour was worth it for that reason. Advertisement I had said free tshirt for the tour. When I asked about it they said no they don't do that this year.

Visited July 2013
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
19 attraction reviews
“Very Accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had the opportunity to rent waverunners for an hour at Harbour Town. It was a great experience for several reasons:
First, the people working there were extremely helpful. They explained thoroughly the rules of the road, safety information, as well as how to operate and maneuver the waverunners.
Second, the area to travel in was quite large, extensive enough to really get speed and distance.
Third, the scenery was beautiful with parasails in the distance, the sound, the Harbour Town Lighthouse, and Dafuskie Island. And there were plenty of dolphins around.
Last, one incident sold me on the experience. Originally my wife and I were going to be on separate wave runners. Due to higher winds and choppy seas, she became a little nervous about being one her own. The staff understood completely, arranged for a waverunner that held two people, and adjusted our bill on our return. They were wonderful about doing this, and we very much appreciated their help in this matter.
The staff was helpful and professional at all times. It was an extremely worthwhile and enjoyable outing. Nice job!

Visited June 2013
Defiance, Missouri
“I highly recommend this to dolphin enthusiasts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We went out today w/Tim Johnson as our guide. He was so knowledgable that I felt he had been plucked right off of the Discovery Channel! He was informative, polite and terrific. I highly recommend this company. On other trips we have gone dolphin watching but have never had an experience like this. You are so close that you can literally see their eyes. At the end there were numerous dolphins jumping out of the water into the air-what a finale! Definitely worth your time.

Visited October 2012
Dublin,
4 attraction reviews
“Waverunners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We called the around 9am and got an 11:30 reservation for 2 double waverunners! We had a blast and the staff was great!

Visited July 2012