“What a pleasant surprise and hidden treasure!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off + $50 Credit
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Hilton Head
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“What a pleasant surprise and hidden treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I grew up going to Myrtle Beach and Charleston and had really never spent much time on Hilton Head other than passing through or a quick in and out to visit a friend. I heard that there had been a lot of changes and refurbishment at Sea Pines and that I would not be disappointed. I've been stressed at worked so I booked 2 nights for a little relaxation at The Inn at Harbour Town at Sea Pines. I learned that Hilton Head is made up of these large "plantations" or neighborhoods and Sea Pines is the largest at the tip of the island. WOW!

From the minute I arrived at the welcome center, the service was five star. As some other reviewers have mentioned, they employ many hospitality students from the UK so I wasn't sure about that in the South but I loved it. They were eager to please and let's face it - everything sounds better with a cool accent.

They gave me a map of how to get to the Inn and everything was clearly marked. When I arrived, a bellman opened my door and greeted me by name, as did the stunning General Manager Mirna and my "butler" Mary who checked me in. Yes - I said butler! They are there for whatever you need 24/7. My favorite part of check in was that Mary walked me over to the lobby bar and offered a complimentary glass of champagne to "toast my arrival" (in a British accent - loved it!) She pointed out the recently added pool and hot tub just off the lobby. Then they go so far as to take you to your room and give you an overview of how everything works which I always appreciate - especially the thermostat and coffee machine that looked futuristic but made the most divine espresso.

I've stayed in many five-star hotels and I consider myself a bit of a hotel snob and this room exceeded my expectations. I had a great view of the famous Harbour Town golf course (I'm not a golfer but my dad told me the PGA Heritage tourney is a big deal), there was a private balcony, ceiling fan, super comfy bed and the bathroom had a shower and very deep soaking tub. I really enjoy Molton Brown amenities but an added bonus was at turndown they give you a new Molton Brown product to try each night like pillow spray - I mean... why not?!

I wanted to explore the resort before dinner and they told me the best way was by bike. Use of a bike is complimentary during your stay so I was off! The trees on Sea Pines are gorgeous. There are lots of huge grand oaks and palm trees. The Harbour Town area - where the iconic red and white lighthouse is - is very close to the hotel and has a lot of boutique shopping and dining options. I didn't have time this trip but I want to go back and do a waverunner tour or sunset cruise. You can take kayaks from this area as well into the Calibogue Sound. Further into the resort I found another shopping are with more restaurants and a cute spa. There are also stables and they told me you can ride through a 600 acre nature preserve.

I had dinner one night at Live Oak at the new Plantation Golf Club House. The restaurant and building are really beautifully done. Service was great and I had the beet risotto and crab cakes which were delicious. I also ate at their adorable little bakery for breakfast and Coast at the new Beach Club for lunch. The calamari and tuna tacos were also very good quality and nicely done there. I'd like to come back in the summer as the beach club was slow and the restaurants had limited hours but I bet it is a very popular place to be and has a "sexy" feel.

Next to the Inn there is still some construction going on to finish the new Harbour Town Golf Club House by March before the big tournament. They told me there will be additional dining options there. I was not disturbed by the construction because I was out and about during the day. You can tell they are spending a lot of money on the new buildings going up and it seems to be really bringing the resort to a different level overall. All in all a great stay and I am excited to return in the Spring or Summer.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Inn at Harbor Town exceeded my expectations. From the personalized check in process, including a champagne toast upon arrival, to the beautifully appointed rooms and facilities, it was the complete package.
We were able to walk, bike, or take a complimentary shuttle to all the resort has to offer. We enjoyed walks on the beach, bike rides to the bakery, and a delicious dinner at the Live Oak restaurant. I can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Pine Knoll Shores, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Steps away from golf, tennis, and Harbor Town. The Inns services are outstanding professional and friendly. Many are British students doing their internship. The only slight niggle is the absence of a restaurant on site for lunch or dinner. There are alternatives within a short walk.

• Stayed December 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I have stayed at the Inn about 5 times. It is very relaxing every time we go. Love the private pool the added two years ago. The staff is very accommodating. The beds are very comfortable. The only issue sometimes is that a guest stains the furniture and they don't get around to cleaning or replacing before you check in. However they never hesitate to correct an issue.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our family spent three nights at this beautiful hotel and loved every minute of our stay. The rooms are wonderfully appointed and the golf course view is amazing. The hotel staff were all welcoming and so helpful. Everyone of them. The outside living space is not only scenic, but has many lovely sitting areas to enjoy the scenery. We will definitely be returning to this special spot, but will stay for a longer period of time !

Stayed December 2014
Shelby Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have heard myths about this place being the nicest on Hilton Head. I heard the had incredible service and great rooms, I always wanted to stay there. On my honeymoon November 16 I decided to go for it! From the moment we checked in on Sunday the service was amazing. As I walked through the front doors the staff grabbed my bags. I was greeted by "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Crank" which was amazing because it was the first time my wife was call Mrs. Crank. Lucy was absolutely fantastic getting us checked in and showing us to our room! The room was decked out with a dozen roses, champagne on ice, romantic lighting, it was memorable! The next day we needed toothbrushes and I thought I doubt they have toothbrushes here ,but boy was I wrong. I called down to butler services two minutes later a sweet employee whose name I forgot had us toothbrushes! :) Upon checkout we were greeted by Mirna the G.M. and she asked how are stay was, and was so accomodating. We felt like we was a celebrities! Lastly a kind young man named Sammee grabbed our bags and got us on our way. All in all this was the kind of service and stay you see in movies! I loved it! Thank you to everyone involved in our stay it was truly unforgettable!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Cameron Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is by far the best property to stay. This is honestly the best service we have ever received. Front the moment we arrived, the very lovely Mari ( Hospitality Intern ) provided better than world class service - knowledgeable, professional, courteous, and attentive. Our room overlooked the first tee at Harbor Town Golf Links - you won't believe the view until you stay here. The golf course is the nicest I've ever played. There's nothing more to say - than absolutely amazing!!! DO NOT STAY ANYWHERE ELSE!!!

Room Tip: Room 201 overlooks first tee, fairway, and pool!