“Better than expected....Very Enjoyable!!!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Lighthouse Lane, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Special Price
10% off + $50 Credit
Ranked #2 of 26 hotels in Hilton Head
“Better than expected....Very Enjoyable!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the Inn at Harbor Town in June, and we will be returning. We typically stay at very large resorts; however, we thoroughly enjoyed the quiet boutique feel of the Inn. All of the staff were very pleasant and always at our service. We enjoyed relaxing on the outside patio overlooking the Harbour Town Golf Links. We took advantage of the complimentary bikes and had a blast riding them all over Sea Pines!!! The pool was very nice. The Inn is within walking distance to Harbour Town where there are lots of great shops and restaurants. We went to the bakery everyday for breakfast.....it was awesome! The room was very nice and clean; however, the only negative of the entire trip was that the beds and pillows were so hard and flat that we had difficulty sleeping...and my husband loves hard/firm beds, so this bed was unusually firm. Overall, we highly recommend the Inn and can't wait until our next visit!

Room Tip: Highly recommend golf view rooms!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

289 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We've stayed here twice. Great location, service and accommodations. The showers and tubs are huge, the beds are comfortable and staff is very helpful and accommodating. Book early! We will stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family and I went to Hilton Head last week and stayed at the Inn at Harbour Town. I have previously been to Hilton Head a number of times but have never stayed at this inn. Now that I have, I want to go back. Actually, I didn't want to leave.

First of all, the location is great. It is convenient to the lighthouse, several restaurants, the playground and the horse stables . I have a five-year-old and the location was great for us.

Secondly, the inn is very clean and well-maintained. I have stayed at a number of hotels over the years and this is the nicest one that I have stayed in. The pool is very nice.

Thirdly, the staff is very professional and very friendly. They were very friendly to my son, which as a mother, I really appreciate it. All of the staff seemed young. I only saw one person that I thought was above the age of 35. But you would not know their age by their professionalism. They all acted very experienced and on top of it..

The only real issue was one morning at breakfast. The service was very slow and when the waffles were finally brought out, they were cold. However, the manager took care of this problem immediately. We ordered room service a couple of times. While it is slow and expensive, the food is very good. Having said that, resort food usually is expensive.

Lovely place, lovely staff, lovely location and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
stockton on tees
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is by far and away the best hotel we have stayed at in recent years. We expected it to be good and even excellent but it exceeded all our expectations. This was our second trip to S. Carolina since 2012 and we wanted this to be really special and it was; memories that will last forever. The service was excellent, efficient but also very friendly and yet maintaining a professional distance. We were staying for 6 nights so felt we thoroughly experienced the hotel and the resort. Nice touches like handwritten notes, Molton Brown products in the bathroom, buckets of ice, radio softly playing after the turn down service, chocs on the pillow, the barman recalling that I preferred two bottles of beer at a time, all little things but they all add up to a wonderful stay. One small gripe, the breakfast menu could be more adventurous, we love our American breakfasts but the choice here was limited. Nevertheless, all in all great value and would certainly stay again. As the title says, weeks later we are still pining for Sea Pines!

Room Tip: Overlooking the golf course is best, make sure you ask for a balcony or veranda, not all rooms have...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Sea Pines area of Hilton Head Island is geared more toward vacation rentals (condos, homes), so there really aren't many traditional hotels to choose from. That said, relatively speaking, the Inn at Harbour Town probably has the best hotel accommodations on the island.

This place pretty much lives up to expectations for its location and price range; however, I do wish the beds were a little softer (they felt almost firm), the bathrooms had a double sink, and the toilet was in a separate room. As I was traveling with family, these two bathroom improvements could have made getting ready a little easier.

There is a new pool on the Inn's back patio, and it is absolutely lovely. They envision an area of tranquility for this site, but a pool's a pool... fun will be had, There's also a more raucous shared pool in front of the Inn, beyond the tennis courts.

One thing to note is that there is no beach nearby. You need to bike, drive or take the island trolley to get to one. You might notice from a satellite search a small strip of beach near the harbor lighthouse, but this is (in my opinion) disgusting and un-swimmable.

If/when I return to Hilton Head, I'll probably look into a rental closer to a beach.

-Don't forget to stop at the Sea Pines welcome center (off Greenwood Drive, just beyond the roundabout- right-hand side), just before the Sea Pines gate, to get your pass that allows you "free" entry into the Sea Pines Resort area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Nice room, no problems at all with anything in our room. One small hiccup at check-in that was fixed the next day. We later got a hand-written card and bottle of champagne from the manager apologizing for the error. It wasn't a huge mistake but I still found it quite nice that they took the time to do that.
Coffee each morning on the floor was nice.
All the staff around the entire resort was super nice and cheerful.
Even though there were a ton of people all over, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

First the good stuff: beautiful place with pleasant amenities; large bathroom with deep tub, nice tile and overhead shower; pleasant staff; tea/coffee service every morning was nice; bikes available at no charge
Not so good: staff pleasant but ineffective and not particularly well trained--little stuff that adds up so you can't help but notice--they remembered our name, but didn't pronounce it correctly and never asked if they had it right; upon arriving we put "do not disturb" on our door, and at 5:30 had a call noting that the sign was out, but were we going to want turn down service (what part of do no disturb is not clear?--noted that turn down runs from 5 to 10 pm!); on a weekday, mid-stay there was a business group with a reception on the patio, playing LOUD amplified music, starting about 5:30, very unpleasant in our room even though we were not directly over or next to the patio--we went to dinner and it was still going strong at 8:50--desk had no idea when they were quitting and were unable to allow us to speak to a manager, despite our calm and pleasant request. Next day told the manager in a constructive way that I understood their need to host events, but that perhaps, especially for a reception such as the previous night's, they could specify non-amplified music or a limit on the volume as it is disturbing when you want to relax in the room. Manager asked me "do you want a gift card or something toward a future stay?" (not "I will mail you a gift card and I apologize for the inconvenience and will forward your comments to our management team")--By the way, I declined her offer, noting that I was trying to help them, and did not want compensation. Maid service was ok, but should have been impeccable--things like they forgot the ice bucket liner every day and didn't always replenish products. When I asked for an explanation of my bill and the charges to my Amex, the desk staff could not explain things concisely and clearly. For the price, I think there are better places to stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the end of the hall--on the 2nd floor there was a small function room that had a l...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SPRMarketing, Marketing Manager at Inn at Harbour Town - Sea Pines Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at The Inn at Harbour Town. We regret that your experience was not what you anticipated.

The housekeeping and front desk staffs work together in the evenings to follow-up with every room that has a privacy sign to confirm a convenient time for their evening turndown service. Some guests prefer their privacy; however the phone call and attentive service is typically appreciated and provides guests with an option. It also provides our thoughtful staff an opportunity to bring ice, clean towels, water or any of the bathroom amenities that need to be replenished.

On the occasions that we host an event on the Inn terrace, we make certain that the event has concluded, and the music is turned off at a reasonable hour, as not to disturb our guests. In this particular instance we instructed the guest that the event would end at 9pm, which was the case. We apologize for the disturbance it may have caused, although this is very rarely an issue.

We regret that you encountered these atypical experiences with our staff; we can assure you that all staff at The Sea Pines Resort emphasizes quality and unparalleled customer service. We typically receive overwhelming positive feedback regarding our unparalleled customer service and professionalism.

Again, thank you for your feedback and know that we aim provide highest level of service possible for our guests.

Been to Inn at Harbour Town - Sea Pines Resort? Share your experiences!