“Out with friends” 5 of 5 stars

+1 843-686-3900
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 322 restaurants in Hilton Head
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: If you have been to Europe and enjoy small cramped dining areas and a patio that is in a parking lot, then you will enjoy dining at Vine. If not, then there are many other fine establishments on Hilton Head that you will likely enjoy better.Our food is ordinary, our service sub standard, lights too low to see, and music too loud to hear. We offer nothing more than an invitation to our dinner party, to eat drink and enjoy life as we intend to enjoy it. If you are coming to test a five star rating, please stay clear and don't waste the effort.Ahh, but if you are open minded, enjoy the elegance of simplicity, then please come and join us!!
Memphis, Tennessee
“Out with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is really a special place! My perception (incorrectly!) was that is was going to be one of those places where you spend a lot of money and walk away hungry. Not only was the food great, the portions were very large. It is really the kind of place that other restaurants aspire to be-great food, great service, and great atmosphere. The service was "A+" with a friendly, helpful waitress. The owner was really engaged with us and was kind enough to being us a couple of little extras-some tastes of wine and some small deserts we didn't order. I really cant say enough about the whole experience. It was total "A+".

92% Recommend
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“New Favorite Restaurant In Hilton Head”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We ate there for my "official" B-day dinner since they were closed on my actual birthday and I ate somewhere else on my actual B-day.

It was one of the best meals I've eaten in several years. There are only a handful of restaurants of this caliber in a 50 mile radius of Hilton Head. It is every bit as good at Sage Room in Hilton Head or Alligator Soul in Savannah.

The atmosphere was very imitate and the service outstanding. The owner was very accommodating and the food was to die for. They printed my name on the menu for my birthday menu and greeted me with a glass of champagne. Great wine selection and finishes with an amazing desert menu.

I started out with the Foie Gras and my wife had a Roasted Carrot and Godiva Chocolate soup. Next I ordered the Ossobuco and my wife had U-10 Scallpos. We ended with the Tiramisu.

I highly recommend and now have a new favorite restaurant in Hilton Head. You absolutely get what you pay for!

Thank

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Fantastic restaurant -- not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Went to dinner with six friends and had the most wonderful meal. The atmosphere is intimate and cozy. From the maitre d' who greets you, to the wait staff, to Chef Olivier, the service is fantastic. The wine list and specialty cocktail choices are excellent. Try the lavender infused blackberry martini -- it will knock your socks off. The menu is varied has something for every taste. Each of us ordered something different and there was not one negative comment to be heard. In fact there was no comment less than outstanding. Highly recommended. The restaurant is small (thus intimate) so you generally need a reservation. There is no rush to get you out of the restaurant -- this is not just a meal, but a culinary experience.

Atlanta
“Pretentious”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Lasagna was terrible
Fries with truffle oil horrible
Mediterranean with Asian infusion doesn't work - stick to Italian food that has done well at this location for 20 years

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Steve8009, Manager at Vine, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
OMG, finally a well articulated review from a well traveled consumer with insight, philosophy and a true sense of fun and adventure.

Well, my interpretation of your review is as senseless as the review itself. Let's breakdown this craft of genius.

1, PRETENTIOUS. Yup that's the title of your review but without any reference in the body of your text to explain. Was it the grand view of the parking lot outside our front door? The 22 year old booths and chairs? or perhaps the Christmas twinkle lights?

2. LASAGNA was terrible. Can you give us all a little less information? Chances are you love our grandmas Lasagna and everything else is TERRIBLE

3. TRUFFLE FRIES, were horrible. Wow the Lasagna was terrible but the Truffle Fries were HORRIBLE!! Ouch, and by the way what is the difference between Horrible and Terrible?

I think you liked the Lasagna less

4. "STICK TO ITALIAN .....BLAH BLAH". Now this is the true showstopper. First the Italian restaurant that occupied this space didn't make it. Furthermore had you bothered to read our reviews and bio you would know we are not an Italian restaurant.

But the best line you gave was "stick to Italian food..." Hey Steve, I hate your Lasagna stick with Italian food.!”

You 2 and 3 star reviewers truly exhaust me! Albeit you also give me a great laugh and give me something to show my first year college freshmen. I show him one of these reviews and tell him “If you don’t study hard and get good grades in school you could end up like this reviewer”…..straightens him right up!

Steve (or as a 3 star reviewer would have "sunking1"
Camp Hill, Pa.
“Service unsurpassed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I can understand why Vine is one of the top rated restaurants on Hilton Head Island. The combination of ambiance, service, friendliness and food make this a delightful dining experience. Our party of four ate there last night and we all thought this is a place not to be missed. Yes, it can be expensive but for a special occasion this is the place to go. It is small, rustic but very attractively decorated and the service was par excellence. There was a problem with my wife's entrée in that the chef was not satisfied with the way it turned out so he would not allow it to be served and they substituted another entrée for my wife at no cost and provided us with small complimentary extras because of the delay. We all left with the kind of good feeling that you hope to have on a night out.