“This Place is Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 290 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Augusta, Georgia
“This Place is Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We just took our second trip to Annie O's and it was just as good as the first time! The staff is wonderful. The food does take a little bit of a wait, but huge portions, and it is so worth it. I've had the corn chowder, shrimp and grits, and collards. My husband had pork loin with hash brown potato bake. They have a full bar and a kids menu. Don't let their shopping center location fool you!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Vienna, Virginia
“Really good inexpensive food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the chicken and waffles. These were very good and the gravy was great. Not overly spicy. Just the way I like it. Susie potatoes were great this time.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
seattle, wa
“The best fried chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We only went here once, for lunch. But I fantasized about that fried chicked for the rest of our trip and really wanted to go back for more!

Visited July 2014
Leesburg, Virginia, United States
“Southern home cooking...definite go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have never eaten here before, despite the over 20 years we have been vacationing on the island. Great cooking and reasonable prices, especially for Hilton Head!!! I had the Tomatoe Pie, which I am dreaming about having again ASAP... High marks for the pimento cheese dip (on warm biscuits.YUM!), the chicken gumbo soup. and Catfish!! We will be back!!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“southern delights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I ate here once when they first opened because a friend said they served the best fried chicken he had ever had. I have to say I was underwhelmed and did not share his opinion. However, I'm glad I gave it a second chance.I ordered three different entrees to take out, so I was able to taste quite a good sample of their menu. The shrimp and grits was delicious. The shrimp were large and cooked perfectly and topped off yellow grits and a creamy pink sauce. Many S&G dishes suffer from including an overwhelming amount of andouille sausage that overpowers the taste of the S&G. This dish did not make that mistake. In fact, if there was any sausage it was not detectable. The second time was a charm for the fried chicken which was crispy on the outside and juicy inside. It only had a hint of pepper sauce taste, although the menu suggests that it would have more. That was fine for me. Three generous pieces were included along with two sides. I tried the collard greens (a little too sweet) and mac and cheese (bland). Perhaps other sides would be better choices. The winner of the three entrees was the tomato pie with salad. I've made a version of tomato pie but it always comes out a little too heavy and too runny. This one was light and fluffy filling, fresh juicy but not runny tomato slices, and a flaky pastry crust. Delicious! The salad that came with it was also crispy and fresh with mixed greens and chunks of tomatoes and cukes. A citrusy mustard dressing came with it. Over all, a great food experience, and the prices were very reasonable. I can't speak too much about the restaurant atmosphere since I got take out, but there is a small bar area and a small dining room. The bar was empty except for one person, but the dining room seemed mostly full.

• 5 of 5 stars Food