“Great southern! Real deal!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 290 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Great southern! Real deal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Been to this place a couple times,always good! I'm a local chef on hilton head, and I eat out a lot .i took my mom in for dinner tonight were both southern to the core and the food is the real deal! Pleasant service and honest food, nothing fancy or pretentious just good. If you want to experience real southern cuisine in HH go to Annie o's

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kingston Springs, Tennessee
“Great New Year Day meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal! My daughter had the tomato pie, my son-in-law had the sweet potato ravioli, my husband had the fried chicken, and I had roasted pork with cabbage and black eyed peas for New Years day! The atmosphere was very relaxed, service was great! I would definitely recommend this place and will go back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greer, South Carolina
“My, my I love tomato pie.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

After seeing a write-up about Annie O's in Taste magazine, it quickly became my top pick for trying during this year's Hilton Head visit. Annie O's has a great menu--meatloaf, crab cake, tomato pie, friend chicken, coconut cream pie, and many others. They also offer a full bar.

I had the Tomato Pie which was delicious. It was a custardy, quichey, cheesy mixture which came with a side salad. I tasted a companion's meatloaf which was yummy, and another companion shared a delicious piece of fried green tomato with me. After all of this, I didn't make it around to trying the coconut cream pie. Oh, but we did have the pimento cheese and biscuits as an appetizer. Those biscuits were delicious, southern perfection.

I enjoyed the atmosphere, as well. Johnny Cash and Kenny Rogers played on the stereo while we ate, and the bright restaurant is decorated with burlap curtains and ceilings.

My overall rating would have been an excellent if it weren't for the wait, though. It was a long wait for the food and the ticket, and I noticed that others in the restaurant were waiting, too. The waitstaff was friendly, but unfortunately, the long wait really does knock down the rating. Having said that, I'll close by saying that I would definitely go back again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bluefield, Virginia, USA
“Best Southern Food Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Wow this restaurant is fantastic. Annie O's is almost 2 years old now so it's starting to pick up notice by the locals and it is a real hidden gem. Kind of small so expect a short wait but it's worth it. The fried chicken is out of this world and it literally is a whole plate of chicken. The collard greens are possibly the best I've ever had (apparently adding smoked turkey is the trick). The shrimp and grits and crab cake sandwich are phenomenal. But if they offer the catch of the day as sheepshead in a cornmeal breading with a cabbage, leek and cream cheese topping I suggest not passing that up. Super friendly staff, cozy atmosphere and hands down the best food.

Dundee, New York
“Quality, Quantity and VALUE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

A bit "off the beaten path" this place is worth tracking down. While on vacation in Hilton Head we saw this restaurant featured in the A Taste of Hilton Head magazine left in our timeshare. Chef and owner Tom Egerton is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute, so I new this had to be good. We were not disappointed! The food was excellent and the portions were substantial. I rarely need a box for left overs, but Chef Tom humbled me. I couldn't finish, but I enjoyed that meal a second time the next day. HIGHLY recommended! By the way - I am a professional chef myself.

• Visited December 2013