“Great selection of lunch items” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 320 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Healthy, Café, Sandwiches
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Coffee from one of the nations top brands Batdorf and Bronson. Fresh made to order Fruit Smoothies and Frozen Coffee drinks. Inviting, comfortable atomosphere with Free Wi-Fi indoors and out. Cozy seating inside and beautiful patio outside with comfortable seating. Serving, benedict, waffles, omelets, freshly baked muffins, bagels, eggs and croissants, eggs sandwhich for breakfast starting at 7:30 until 3:00 Serving fresh made to order lunches, to include array of salads and speciality sandwiches from 7:30-3:00 Friendly staff. Sit, Relax and Stay a while.... Open 7:30 am to 3 pm Daily
Hilton Head Island, SC
“Great selection of lunch items”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

What a great place to have a delicious lunch in a nice friendly environment. We had a great lunch eating outdoors on their spacious patio. The staff was friendly and the service prompt and the food was great. This is my first visit here and the Cuban pannini was recommended and it was the best Cuban I have ever had. The bread was grilled to a crispy golden brown, just like they do it with the best pannini in Italy. The pork and ham were tender and tasty and the dressing complimented the whole sandwich without dominating the flavors. Dill pickle and Parmesan chips accompanied the sandwich. Others in our party had the Turkey Ruben and the Cobb salad and were all pleased with their choice as well. Like I said it was my first visit but I will go back. Overall they have a great selection of sandwiches and salads and I will try something different next time even though I enjoyed the Cuban so much. Wish I would have had room for some of their yogurts but I was too full.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Fresh salad and Friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stopped in for lunch at Watusi’s and was glad to see they had ample parking available since most of the area was really busy due to spring break. When I entered Watusi’s I was quickly greeted by Jeremy and the rest of the amazing staff. For lunch I enjoyed a ginger peach iced tea and the chopped salad. The salad was super fresh and tasty. If you like blue cheese, you’ll be in heaven as they are very generous with this topping. Wish I had realized it was on there when I ordered as I’m not a blue cheese fan. Luckily it was very easy to pick off and didn’t hamper my enjoyment of the salad. I also tried the Watusi which is a grilled pimento cheese on a hoagie style roll. The bread was a little over powering for the sandwich but still good. They do have frozen yogurt that you dish and top yourself but I was too full to try it. I’ll definitely go back to Watusi’s for a salad and to chat with their super friendly staff.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
islandgirlhhi_11, Owner at Watusi, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
We are very proud of our staff and the service we offer. Thank you for noticing. We do nothing less than fresh. We are so glad you enjoyed. See you soon,
cheryl
Bismarck, North Dakota, United States
“Best Cafe with the best service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place is a hidden secret on Pope Ave. It's where the locals go so you know there will be friendly people to talk to and the drinks and food are AMAZING! I the best thing is to get a mocha and add the powder hot chocolate mix just get a hot chocolate! The Frozen Yogurt is probably my favorite- they are always changing flavors and they have a HUGE selection of toppings!

islandgirlhhi_11, Owner at Watusi, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
As the Owner of Watusi, I couldn't agree with you more. Your headline says it all. Thank you for your support and taking the time to write an honest review. Cheryl
princeton, nj
“Delicious cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed a smooth pecan pie latte. My kids loved the self serve yogurt bar with flavors such as salted caramel pretzel, dreamy dark chocolate, and strawberry sensation. My kids were thrilled to choose between the many toppings. The atmosphere is cozy and well decorated and the service was super friendly. We hope to come back to try lunch here.

islandgirlhhi_11, Owner at Watusi, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
We hope you had a chance to try our lunch. We do awesome lunch specials everyday. Theres always something for everyone at Watusi.
Cheryl
We appreciate your review.
USA
“Amazing FroYo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My family, friends, and I discovered Watusi when we were vacationing on Hilton Head Island. We went to Watusi multiple times while we stayed on the island for the week. We loved the serve yourself frozen yogurt bar. We loved the fresh fruit toppings and the great flavored frozen yogurt choices. If you want to test the frozen yogurt to help you decide what combo you want, you only have to ask an employee for a sample cup and they will give it to you. You pay for the frozen yogurt & toppings by the weight of your cup with goodies.

I love how there is indoor seating and outdoor seating. Watusi is a great place to go if you want cool off after a day at the beach with family and friends to enjoy frozen yogurt. I would recommend Watusi to anyone who wants a frozen treat on Hilton Head Island.

• Visited August 2012