“Great value for quality buffet” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #156 of 290 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: we are asian restaurant.we offer, Chinese food, traditional dim sum, sushi, seafood, buffet, beer, wine, liquor. located at mile 8-9 marker on 278.
Yulee, Florida
“Great value for quality buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We went for dinner on a Sunday night and it wasn't very busy at all. Every employee was welcoming and they were attentive with getting us refills and removing our used plates. I mostly stuck to sushi while my husband tried a few of the Chinese style entrees like chicken and broccoli and General Tsao's Chicken. We enjoyed all of the food. I didn't like the desserts but I only tried a couple and I don't like coconut, which was in both desserts I chose. Otherwise all food serving areas were kept clean and food was kept hot. The sushi was good and the sushi chef was continually replacing it so I know it was made fresh. We would definitely return.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Local Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have lived on the Island for 30 years. In my opinion, the variety is what keeps me coming back. There are four different groupings of food, the salad bar, sushi bar, what I call the hors d`oeuvre bar and the main meal. The food is constantly brought out during the buffet hours, keeping items nice and hot. The servers are friendly. The food is great.
I go there weekly. See alot of locals there.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Food is good, always like coming here. Prices are reasonable and, of course the service is great. Ask for Austin, he will take good care of you.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Long Island
“great deal for sushi and asian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had the dinner buffet and were very pleased. The restaurant is attractive, super clean, and the staff couldn't be nicer. Terrific selection of sushi and great variety of dim sum. They also had edaname and Korean kinchi, seaweed salad - all great stuff not usually found in Asian buffets (at least the ones I've been to back home). The Hong Kong steak was super tender and delicious. The ice cream was good quality and served by the waitress, rather than helping yourself, for sanitary reasons. The cost was $12.95/person, a great value for unlimited food. We're only here for a week, but will probably return for another visit before we leave.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“"Well, that was a mistake"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I really would try to find something positive about Friday's evening dinner here, and I can say the service was fine. Green tea (bagged), too much water & it was weak. Sushi, the crabstick we actually thumped on the table it was so hard.The majority of my family's sushi was adequate, but was NOT prepared with rice from Friday for sure. I did enjoy the red snapper, but the seaweed salad (which had iceberg lettuce in it !) was awful. I swear, we came for the dumplings and couldn't find one good one on the entire line. The duck was cold, and the manager told me it often was ! (On the hot side of the buffet?) White rice in crock pot was overcooked, fried rice was crunchy too, The fish on the Chinese side, in a sauce I had to take out of my mouth. Crab rangoons were very good, but they ran out and I only got one. Donuts ? Didn't even try one they were so bad.. Are hot fresh donuts not easily prepared?
I debated not saying anything , and now wish I did not, because, the manager really made me feel like a cheap complainer. I wasn't asking for free food, but he made me feel like I was. Left unhappy after I ate the worst food I have had on HHI in over a year, and, will not go again. A shame because we used to go occasionally , but the last two times were disappointing, and the one this weekend finished it. Fancy Q's, Hinoki or Kurama would have been worth all the $$ we spent here for cold and oldish buffet.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
kylehiltonhead, Manager at Vari Asian Seafood & Sushi Buffet, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
hi mntgirl_12: i am sorry you had a bad day. i am kyle, i do take care of all customer who walked in to our restaurant, and your family was one of them, one thing i don't understand is we have three server walk around the restaurant that night and I went checked on your table twice, and your family were there for almost hour and half. If you were having problem with the food or doesn't meet your expectation, how come i have not know that earlier, so i would have help you, just like i helped your son. who wanted tempura shrimp roll without cucumber. we did made it for him for no cost. we are always gladly to fulfill our customer's special request on certain dishes, and there nothing we can do if you let us know at the end of the meal, i believe if the food were bad, no one will finished it, i know i wont put anything don't taste right in my mouth. one more thing is our buffet is the best value you can ever get in hilton head, we do keep up our quality. lastly, god bless you.