“Not The Best Outback and Not What It Used To Be” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #183 of 319 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hilton Head Outback Steakhouse location.
Albany, New York
“Not The Best Outback and Not What It Used To Be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ate Sunday dinner here with family. Service was dreadfully slow, even though the place was practically empty. The food was average. Mother-in-law's Special Steak was so tough she couldn't finish it, but they cooked her another one to take home. Orders got mixed. Manager was conducting a noisy staff training meeting at the back of the diningroom. Pam, the waitress tried her best to make things right, but even her best efforts couldn't make our experience better than average. We have eaten at this location many times. This recent experience was below our expectations.PS: The photo accompanying these reviews is not of the Outback on Hatton Place in Hilton Head.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Hilton Head Island, SC
“Second visit worse then the first!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went here a year ago with neighbors and was not impressed, but hesitated to write a bad/mediocre review. Went last night and it was was worse. The night started with delivery of bread plates loaded with greasy finger prints, and less then clean silverware. Salmon my wife ordered was under cooked. One of the Filet's was grisly and tough, the other was under cooked. The "prime rib" was probably the worst I have ever encountered in a restaurant ever. It was tough, dry and had little taste at all. Both times the other parties suggested going here and we agreed. If it is ever suggested again, I will offer an alternative and if they insist, will not go to dinner, even if they are paying. Life is way to short to put up with this quality of food. There are many alternatives on the Island so eat here at your own displeasure. I for one will never go back. The only thing keeping me from giving it a terrible rating was the friendly staff.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Nicest outback decor/environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'm an outback fan but this was one of the prettiest I've even been in. Nice environment for dinner, although it was pretty dark in there! Great service

Visited February 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“1st bad experience at an Outback restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went for dinner with wife Saturday 26, January 2013, ordered 9oz steak and seafood special - wife had an outback burger, wife food ok, my steak was not tender at all. Server Carla was great and personable, I just mentioned my disappointment to her as an FYI when she saw that i did not eat steak - shrimp and scallops were also overcooked but I ate those - did not want Mgr coming just did not eat rubber steak, he came by anyway to ask what was wrong, first impressions with him are that he is a very snooty and irritating man, felt like punching him. He said that was the way they cook it medium well. I have had very tender MW steaks there before, this one was rubbery, showed him trying to cut it. His tone of voice was irritating, like he was talking to a child, I could be his father! I was not looking for any compensation and told him not to (he ended up giving - $5 adj) - he just didnt get the picture, don't have the "special" - stick to regular menu items and he needs to attend cust serv classes

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Started off rocky, but made up for it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Good thing we weren't in a rush because the waiter took 15 minutes to take our drink order. But when she finally came over she was very pleasant and nice and said that she would buy us a free desert for the time it took. I didnt want dessert and they gave us free cheese fries instead, and that made my night. The little things get noticed. Very good and nice once she finally came over.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere