“Not fancy, but lovely nonetheless.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of South Beach Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hilton Head
South Beach Inn
Save Saved
You added South Beach Inn to your Saves list
232 South Sea Pines Dr, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
“Not fancy, but lovely nonetheless.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

If you want posh, stay away. But the location and proximity to things to do are unmatched. Rooms are comfortable and clean. But who goes to the beach to be in their room? The beach is across the street, the pool is in the parking lot, food is right downstairs or a short walk on the pier. Bike rentals (the perfect way to do hilton head) and tennis courts are also in the parking lot. Seriously a fun place to stay. We'll be back.

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hendersonville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed on the 2nd level so I could sit on my little balcony and enjoy my take out breakfast from the restaurant across the way. My friends who have a very large family stayed in a condo in Sea Pines and unfortunately their condo smelled like mold from all of the humidity in the area. The South Beach Inn is clean, fresh and feels like home to me - no mold! I was so happy there I'd stay again in a heartbeat. Just a side note: You can rent bicycles on Hilton Head and I would highly recommend doing that and just riding around and enjoying the scenery. Make sure you go to the Lighthouse and get breakfast one day. Have fun!

Room Tip: I liked having a balcony overlooking the court yard outside where the parrots are located so I'd...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chatham, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Discovered the South Beach Inn after years of vacationing in Sea Pines and I just don't know why we didn't know about it before. My husband and I were down for three days and accommodations there turned out to be absolutely perfect in every way. We were always warmly greeted and shown the computers, DVD library, etc. Our room #208 was just the right size -- a small living room very comfortably furnished, a small galley kitchenette (sink, full refrigerator, coffee pot and microwave, with glasses, dishes and cutlery for 4), a good sized queen bedded bed room and bath. The place was immaculate and we were surprised to have daily housekeeping. It was exactly what we needed in a fantastic location and for a more than competitive price. We had looked at hotels and the South Beach Inn beat every single one for value. We are telling everyone about it -- it's simply wonderful!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Naples
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My adult cousins and I visited Hilton Head for a couple of years in a row and have found this to be an excellent place for the family to stay and gather. The restaurant there set a room aside for the celebration of my uncle's 81st birthday. We had a wonderful time together!

Room Tip: We like the rooms with a bay view.
Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
leeds - england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Loved Hilton Head and the South Beach Inn was a great place to stay. Room/apartment was very clean and spacious with all the ammenities we could have hoped for. The beach is within easy walking distance as are several restaurants, the real highlight is the bike riding on the beach though, mile after mile of empty beach.....loved it.

Absolutely no complaints!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfax
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

South Beach Inn is at the southern tip of Sea Island Plantation on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. South Beach Inn is a gem, affordable, clean cool rooms with bright views and a terrific location, You can park you car and walk to the beaches or to several restaurants. We have stayed at South Beach Inn several times and are takign our honey moon at one of their rental houses on "Lands End". The South Beach Inn staff and owners are super friendly and very nice to work with. We love HH and South Beach Inn is our first pick to stay on HH -- only off season though!

Room Tip: Go for the loft room with a view of the South Beach Marina - we did and saw the most gorgeous sunris...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We recently went to Hilton Head for a family event. I liked the little condo we rented. The room was comfortable and the location was perfect for walking on the beach, birding, kayaking, swimming. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a great view of the water.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to South Beach Inn? Share your experiences!