“Very happy, great location, great price, very clean” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Regency Parkway, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Hilton Head
Brunswick, Georgia
“Very happy, great location, great price, very clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very happy, great location, great price, very clean. Amenities are good as well although I did not use the pool. Room had a 40" flat screen, micro, fridge, and coffee maker. I've stayed here several times so I am guessing all the rooms have been re-done to include removal of the carpet and faux hardwood installed. A small area of carpet extends under and around the parameter of the bed. I think this was brilliant as I always bring my flip-flops to walk around most hotel rooms as the carpet feels "sticky". The floor had been freshly mopped when I arrived and I felt good about bare-footing it.This is a 2 level hotel tucked barely off the main road in a great location to the beach and golf, don't think it's a mile from Sea Pines. For the money, I'd really like to keep this place my own little secret. I've stayed at most of the hotels in this area and unless they were right on the beach with ocean view, there were no major differences between the ones costing $50 or more a night and in several areas I would say I would rate this Redroof a little higher than most of those. Bed was also very comfortable and offered needed support. I am very sensitive due to back problems so I make this comment as I will typically book only one night to find out if the bed will work for me and would rate this Redroof up there with the other hotels in the area at the same price and even $50 more a night.. My several stays here have been consistent and am reluctant to say these things about my favorite hotel on Hilton Head for the money should I not be able to get a room when I wanna stay! Enjoy!

Room Tip: I have stayed in a suite on the 1st floor as well as a king bed on the second, I found both great an...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for wonderful review! Its true we are close to everything, Sea Pines, the beaches, shopping and all that Hilton Head has to offer. We love that you pick Red roof when coming to Hilton Head. We look forward to you next stay.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We've stayed at this Red Roof Inn a couple of times and always had a great time.

The rooms are freshly renovated and comfy, room service is clean and efficent, check in was fast and very friendly, What more can you ask for. The room rates are the lowest you can get on HHI and the location is very convenient. There are two great restaurants right next door and a gas station with a good selection of snacks and treats.

Room Tip: If you want real quiet, take a room away from the pool area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for your most positive review. We are close to everything that Hilton Head has to offer, without the big ticket price. I do hope you will visit again, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Be careful to notice that there is an additional fee for a safe in the room. My safe didn't work regardless and when I stated that in my reveiew of my stay, I was contacted by the management and they apologized and took the fee off my credit card. I was very impressed at the customer service, which as most people know is very hard to find any more. The service was very good but the attendant wasn't knowledgeable of the activities going on in the area. The renovations of the wood floors verses carpet left a warm clean feeling to the room. I had read there would be a mini fridge in the room but that was not the case. I was running a triathlon the next morning and hoped to keep my drinks cold but made due. It was with in walking distance to a breakfast and bbq place, a gas station and convenience store which was very nice. It was a mile from Coligny beach. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you taking the time to write a review. I am again sorry the safe did not work and remember if you don't use we gladly take the fee off. We do offer rooms with microwaves and refrigerators, and they are only a few dollars more.
I would be happy to even upgrade you to one based on availability.
We do hope we see you again when traveling to Hilton Head.
Edgewater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

First time we have been to Hilton Head Island. We searched for hotels and found this one. Very clean room. Large comfortable bed. Big screen tv,coffee, refrigerator, micro wave and safe in the room. Very quiet room. Check in was very fast. Internet a bit slow. We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are located close to everything, shopping, golf and the beaches. At a very affordable price, you can have all the amenities you experienced in a clean, renovated room.
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I went for the first time with a friend to Hilton Head, SC for my birthday weekend. I usually try to stay at Red Roof Inn anywhere I go so that I can bring my dog along. I have to say that I was extremely happy with my choice in this city. The hotel was not the average Red Roof Inn. It was tucked away amongst some nice trees and had alot of character to it. It had the feel of camping with a nice twist. The location was perfect. There is a gas station/convienent store in the front and 3 walkable restaurants in the same area and across the street is more restaurants and a little shopping. The beach was a very easy 2 mile drive and the room was very clean with a great pool. The front desk employees helped with any directions that I asked. Definitely will stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: We had a King room right above the pool with a fridge and microwave. Nice hardwood floors as well. B...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your great review! You are right we have a great location. Close to everything.
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were staying at a more expensive hotel in Bluffton but decided to try this hotel and were pleasantly surprised. It is right in Hilton Head, there are no pet fees, free breakfast, rates are better, you don't have to walk through the building to get outside, the rooms are cleaner, and the noise level is better. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
I would like to personally thank you fro taking the time to write such a positive review. We are nicely located on Hilton Head Island, close to shopping, and activities and the beach. And for our pet owners it is great that there is no pet fee.

We look forward to you next visit.
Rockledge, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Nice room, clean with wood floors. The free wifi was a bonus. The free breakfast was non-existent by 9am so fight count on it. Hot water and comfortable beds. The a/c was a window unit but kept it cool for us. Nice small pool in front for a quick dip. Overall a nice place to lay your head.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review. The new floors are great, adds a nice touch. I am sorry if the breakfast ran low at any time during your stay. I will be looking at how we replenish so that all our guest can enjoy.

GM

Been to Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island? Share your experiences!