“A Good Value on Hilton Head” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Regency Parkway, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Ranked #14 of 26 hotels in Hilton Head
Roswell
“A Good Value on Hilton Head”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been staying at this location since it ws a Red Roof Inn over 10 years and it had had some ups & downs. Fortunately many more ups. You won't find a friendlier or more healpfull staff.
On the down side, there are no superior rooms on the first floor, no elevators and no luggage carts. This leaves older guests desiring the better accomadations dependent on the staff.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the laundry rooms if you like to sleep late.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you the next time your in Hilton Head.

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The staff is absolutely wonderful!! Tammy who was working the front desk is a dream!! Even after handeling a problem client and getting yelled at by the client, I will not divulge the reason of the conversation but it was NOT Tammy's fault what so ever, she was just as sweet and welcoming as can be with me!!

The room was beautiful!! I loved the hard wood floors rather than the typical carpet you find in most rooms. The flooring is actually why I chose to stay here!! There was plenty of work space at the desk!!

I will be back here again!!!

Elizabeth G.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for you wonderful review. I will share this with Tammy. We do hope to see you soon!
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Be aware when booking your room that your PET* is not allowed left in the room unattended even if crated. I have never stayed at a place that says they are " pet friendly" that has this policy. I have traveled all over the US with both my well behaved dogs. They both have their canine good citizen titles, one of them is a therapy dog and both have had advanced obedience training. They are also crate trained.We have NEVER had an issue with them barking or disturbing other guests. Also ONE pet under 25 pounds is allowed in the room. The policy is very gray since i saw lots of large dogs all over the property. I called to clarify the pet policy after reading reviews of people staying with multiple and large animals only to find out both my dogs were not welcome and i had to make other arrangements. They kept pushing a " doggy day care" on me as well since you are not allowed to leave your dog in the room which i was not interested in.The room was OK. LOTS of bugs and palmetto bugs crawling all over the floor.It also got pretty noisy with other guests hanging out outside their rooms smoking and slamming doors at all hours. Not much grassy area to walk your pet. Hilton head as a town is VERY pet friendly but i would not recommend this hotel to someone traveling with their pets. Next time we will rent a privately owned condo where my WELL BEHAVED animals are welcome.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is true we do have a pet policy that allows one pet per room. The policy also states that the pet no matter how wonderful and well behaved should not be left in the room unattended ensuring the comfort of all guests on property. Even the most well behaved pets can become nervous from the different smells and all the different sounds that are at a hotel. We do provide in doggie day care information since during Memorial Day thru Labor Day our canine friends are not allowed on the beach. We provide this information as courtesy to our valued guests so that they have an alternative. We do value our pet traveling guests and try to accommodate all our guest needs, while balancing those needs.
We are certainly sorry if we in anyway did not convey are willingness to accommodate you and would like to extend our sincere apologies.
ManCityChamps
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice and work for Hyatt. Being that there aren't any Hyatts on the island I choose this location for its comfort and location. Danielle and Chris checked me in and not only remembered me but have the acknowledgement that makes you feel important. I have only stayed here once before and will be back just for this reason!! Its jice to feel wanted. Especially being on the other side of the fence for so ling. This hotel is class act and I look forward to future stays when I visit the island. Thanks girls!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Hello and thank you for the great review. I will share your review with Danielle and the staff. We enjoyed having you here and hope to see you soon!
Smyrna, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed as a family with school age children and booked on Expedia. The good-rooms are reasonably priced, hard wood floors no carpet, recently remodeled, nice bathroom, swimming, pool, clean, flat screen TV close to restaurants. The bad-rooms are small, no refrigerator,no microwave, no hair dryer, no clothes iron or laundry facilities no breakfast. On the 2nd night the air conditioner would not stay on. My husband called the front desk in the morning to report the problem when we got back that night it was still not fixed & wouldn't be serviced either. No offer to switch rooms. My husband tried to fix it and asked for a new air filter to replaced the filthy one that had not been changed in ages.The air conditioner stopped working completely in the middle of the night. We called the front desk, they said they would check room availability & would call back. We waited, but the phone did not work, we could call out but no one could call n. We were finally given another room after we called back. I'm not sure if we would stay here again. It is far from the beach & if you are going on a beach vacation location, microwave, fridge and laundry facilities do make a big difference.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room. Basic rooms do have microwave or fridge.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for writing your review, we find it very valuable to hear first-hand how our guest experience was. I am sorry you had problems with the ac, I know that was frustrating.

It is true we have standard and deluxe rooms while all rooms have been renovated only the deluxe or superior rooms have the extra amenities, these rooms are just a few dollars more and all do come with our continental breakfast served daily from Memorial Day thru Labor Day from 7-10am.
I would love to speak with you further on your experience so that I have a little better understanding of it.
I can be reached at 843 686 6808
843 686 6808
Joliet, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Red Roof Inn in Hilton Head suffered from being wet. In our room the rug was dirty and wet and the high humidity in our room left our clothes wet.

The breakfast was very cheap with only powdered fake cream for coffee and only the cheapest saccharine available. The formerly frozen muffins had fake blueberries.
I would not return to this motel.

Room Tip: If you are going to Hilton Head rent a hotel with a beach.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
First let me say I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We want all of our guest to enjoy their stay. It would be my pleasure to speak with you so that I have a better understanding of your experience.
I can be reached at 843 686 6808 and look forward to speaking with you.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Had a nice stay here. The grounds are very pretty and lush, in keeping with the flavor of the island. The front desk personnel were very friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. The room itself was very clean, and the updated flooring and decor gave a fresh feel. Would have been nice to have a blow dryer and clock in the room, as even most budget properties provide them these days. Towels were a bit skimpy but, overall, everything was satisfactory. The air conditioner was wonderfully cold in the heat of summer. Did not swim in the pool, but it looked very clean and refreshingly inviting. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for review! We hope to see you agian soon.
GM

Been to Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island? Share your experiences!