“Perfect for us!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Hilton Head
Saint George, South Carolina
“Perfect for us!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is the best of Hilton Head at the best price. Other rates were simply out of our reach and the Red Roof was the perfect solution. We stayed 3 week nights in June for about $75 a night. We stayed in a king ground floor room and we were quite pleased. The room wasn't huge and the mattress wasn't new, but it was clean and quiet. Located a short drive from Coligny, it was easy to drive everywhere on the island. The bike path runs in front of the hotel, too. We enjoyed Island Bagel across the street. Hotel breakfast in very slim, but that's an ok compromise for the great rates. Pool was small, but clean. Employees were friendly. I loved that we had a micro fridge in our room, but we lacked any kind of table. Ultimately we throughly enjoyed our Hilton Head trip and we're planning a return to the Red Roof.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for your review. I agree the bagels are wonderful across the street. We hope the next time you are in Hilton Head you will come and stay with us again.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Anderson, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 5/30-6/1 of this year. There were spiders, roaches and even a tick in our room. There were 4 of us in a suite and we had 2 towels. When I asked for more, I was told they "would get to it." Took a very long time. I fell through a rotten pool chair (I am not heavy). When I expressed disppointment, I was told by Chris I would get a free night at a Red Roof Inn , and guess what? It is July and that certificate for a free room never showed up! Imagine that...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
First I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We hope all our guest have a postive experience with us. We did send you a VIP pass for a free night stay and will follow up with you pronto and send another one.

Frisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This Red Roof Inn fits in with most Red Roofs.
However, the staff makes the most of making one's stay as good as possible.
Tammy put herself out to right all wrongs.
The location is fine. The parking is fine.The room is more than adequate.
We will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. Tammy is wonderful and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Chris the manager and staff went above and beyond to make our stay very pleasant. The first night we stayed in a double bed room which was nice and clean but not big enough for my husband, my adult son, myself and 2 Westie dogs. So the next morning I spoke to Chris and she was wonderful in getting us a deluxe king room suite which was wonderful. The room was clean and I loved the hardwood floors and it was on the bottom floor. I needed a freezer to freeze my ice packs to take back in the cooler to keep my dogs turkey cool on the trip back and they froze them for me. I just cant say enough about how friendly Chris and staff were. Looking forward to visiting Hilton Head again in the future and would gladly stay again at the same place in the same room. Great price also!!!

Room Tip: Bottom suites are large and on the east side are quieter. Room 146.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for the review! It really was a pleasure getting tou know you and your family(the four legged ones were so cute!) I look forward to your next visit.
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Not bad for the price, that being said, it was not worth it to me saving the money versus getting a place on the beach. Unless you're the type person that can wing it, which is not me. I am annoyed by high traffic volume and trying to find a place to park, eat, shop, etc. This place is too far away from the "public beaches", which is what you have to use when you don't have a beachfront property.
Other than that, the rooms are good for the money. Clean and updated. Airconditioning unit in our room was not working correctly, had it been any warmer than it was, the unit wouldn't have been able to keep up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review!
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Based on recent reviews on Tripadvisor, I booked to stay here for 3 days, finding the cost, location and comfort of the beds to be what I hoped. They delivered! The Inn had been recently renovated, so it had decent decor, nice tile, carpets and good tv and mattress. It is next door to a pancake restaurant, across the street from a good bagel shop (had Seattle's Best coffee!), and centrally located between the beaches and golf plantations. At $89 a night, includes taxes---a bargain the end of June! The manager told me about the Palmetto bugs--keep the door shut, they fly towards the lights--we never saw any.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for your positive review. We hope that the next time you are planning a trip to Hilton Head you will stay with us.
Saint Johns
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed just for one night and for sleeping only - the location was great. Very convenient to family who were in Shipyard. If I were staying for an extended time - I would not find this place up to snuff. But, for one night it was okay.

It is clear this is an older, really older motel. It used to be smoking for sure.. there is still hints of it in the rooms. But is it your basic lodging - so, for the price it was fine for the purpose it served.

If you go in knowing this and have reasonable expectations - you'll be fine!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay.
GM

Been to Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island? Share your experiences!