“staff and services” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 26 hotels in Hilton Head
San Diego, California, United States
“staff and services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Chris the manager and staff went above and beyond to make our stay very pleasant. The first night we stayed in a double bed room which was nice and clean but not big enough for my husband, my adult son, myself and 2 Westie dogs. So the next morning I spoke to Chris and she was wonderful in getting us a deluxe king room suite which was wonderful. The room was clean and I loved the hardwood floors and it was on the bottom floor. I needed a freezer to freeze my ice packs to take back in the cooler to keep my dogs turkey cool on the trip back and they froze them for me. I just cant say enough about how friendly Chris and staff were. Looking forward to visiting Hilton Head again in the future and would gladly stay again at the same place in the same room. Great price also!!!

Room Tip: Bottom suites are large and on the east side are quieter. Room 146.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for the review! It really was a pleasure getting tou know you and your family(the four legged ones were so cute!) I look forward to your next visit.

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Not bad for the price, that being said, it was not worth it to me saving the money versus getting a place on the beach. Unless you're the type person that can wing it, which is not me. I am annoyed by high traffic volume and trying to find a place to park, eat, shop, etc. This place is too far away from the "public beaches", which is what you have to use when you don't have a beachfront property.
Other than that, the rooms are good for the money. Clean and updated. Airconditioning unit in our room was not working correctly, had it been any warmer than it was, the unit wouldn't have been able to keep up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review!
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Based on recent reviews on Tripadvisor, I booked to stay here for 3 days, finding the cost, location and comfort of the beds to be what I hoped. They delivered! The Inn had been recently renovated, so it had decent decor, nice tile, carpets and good tv and mattress. It is next door to a pancake restaurant, across the street from a good bagel shop (had Seattle's Best coffee!), and centrally located between the beaches and golf plantations. At $89 a night, includes taxes---a bargain the end of June! The manager told me about the Palmetto bugs--keep the door shut, they fly towards the lights--we never saw any.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for your positive review. We hope that the next time you are planning a trip to Hilton Head you will stay with us.
Saint Johns
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed just for one night and for sleeping only - the location was great. Very convenient to family who were in Shipyard. If I were staying for an extended time - I would not find this place up to snuff. But, for one night it was okay.

It is clear this is an older, really older motel. It used to be smoking for sure.. there is still hints of it in the rooms. But is it your basic lodging - so, for the price it was fine for the purpose it served.

If you go in knowing this and have reasonable expectations - you'll be fine!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Went over to HHI for a short overnight trip and booked here at the last minute. I could not have been more pleased at the great value of this hotel. Everything was great -friendly check in that took less than 3 minutes, mid-island location was perfect, the room was spotless and appeared recently renovated. Even better, checkout was at NOON, just fabulous. The room was not huge so might not be ideal for a long trip if someone was going to be spending a lot of time in the room, but was perfectly sufficient for a shorter trip. Bed was SO comfortable, just as nice as those at hotels at two and three times the price. This was such an amazing deal. We definitely plan to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you as our guest again.
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

after reading some of the previous reviews I decided to call the property manager and just ask if some of the issues had been settled , I spoke with Chris , she indicated that she had only taken over the management of this particular location approx. 6-8 months ago , there was reports of palmetto bugs and roaches in the rooms , well first off if you are below the mason Dixon line you better be ready to see a few palmetto bugs , and no they are not as big as Volkswagens , bottom line , Chris told me that since her arrival the rating of this hotel has risen in a very good way , we did not see any bugs in our room , exceptionally clean , pool was clean , it was everything Chris had described and we will go back , thank you Chris , we had a great time,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hello it was a pleasure meeting you. I am pleased you had a great time while here.
I hope that the next time you and the family are visiting Hilton Head you will come back and see us.
Call me personally and I would be happy to take care of making your reservation and extending a preferred rate
843-686-6808
email I0148@redroof.com
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I can only add to recent positive reviews. This hotel met all my expectations (clean room, recently refurbished decor, comfy bed, quit location) and exceeded those around service. I was always impressed with the help I received from the front desk as well as the cleaning staff. True Southern hospitality.
My only warning is to those who expect a free breakfast bar as offered by similar chains. This hotel has coffee and muffins but little else. Not a deal-breaker for me. And as many have already pointed out, there are two fine breakfast restaurants and a mini mart within 100 yards.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank for your kind review, we are pleased that you enjoyed yourself while you were here.
We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Hilton Head.
GM

Been to Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island? Share your experiences!