“Excellent value, location and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Regency Parkway, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent value, location and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Based on recent reviews on Tripadvisor, I booked to stay here for 3 days, finding the cost, location and comfort of the beds to be what I hoped. They delivered! The Inn had been recently renovated, so it had decent decor, nice tile, carpets and good tv and mattress. It is next door to a pancake restaurant, across the street from a good bagel shop (had Seattle's Best coffee!), and centrally located between the beaches and golf plantations. At $89 a night, includes taxes---a bargain the end of June! The manager told me about the Palmetto bugs--keep the door shut, they fly towards the lights--we never saw any.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
We thank you for your positive review. We hope that the next time you are planning a trip to Hilton Head you will stay with us.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Saint Johns
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed just for one night and for sleeping only - the location was great. Very convenient to family who were in Shipyard. If I were staying for an extended time - I would not find this place up to snuff. But, for one night it was okay.

It is clear this is an older, really older motel. It used to be smoking for sure.. there is still hints of it in the rooms. But is it your basic lodging - so, for the price it was fine for the purpose it served.

If you go in knowing this and have reasonable expectations - you'll be fine!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Went over to HHI for a short overnight trip and booked here at the last minute. I could not have been more pleased at the great value of this hotel. Everything was great -friendly check in that took less than 3 minutes, mid-island location was perfect, the room was spotless and appeared recently renovated. Even better, checkout was at NOON, just fabulous. The room was not huge so might not be ideal for a long trip if someone was going to be spending a lot of time in the room, but was perfectly sufficient for a shorter trip. Bed was SO comfortable, just as nice as those at hotels at two and three times the price. This was such an amazing deal. We definitely plan to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you as our guest again.
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

after reading some of the previous reviews I decided to call the property manager and just ask if some of the issues had been settled , I spoke with Chris , she indicated that she had only taken over the management of this particular location approx. 6-8 months ago , there was reports of palmetto bugs and roaches in the rooms , well first off if you are below the mason Dixon line you better be ready to see a few palmetto bugs , and no they are not as big as Volkswagens , bottom line , Chris told me that since her arrival the rating of this hotel has risen in a very good way , we did not see any bugs in our room , exceptionally clean , pool was clean , it was everything Chris had described and we will go back , thank you Chris , we had a great time,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hello it was a pleasure meeting you. I am pleased you had a great time while here.
I hope that the next time you and the family are visiting Hilton Head you will come back and see us.
Call me personally and I would be happy to take care of making your reservation and extending a preferred rate
843-686-6808
email I0148@redroof.com
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I can only add to recent positive reviews. This hotel met all my expectations (clean room, recently refurbished decor, comfy bed, quit location) and exceeded those around service. I was always impressed with the help I received from the front desk as well as the cleaning staff. True Southern hospitality.
My only warning is to those who expect a free breakfast bar as offered by similar chains. This hotel has coffee and muffins but little else. Not a deal-breaker for me. And as many have already pointed out, there are two fine breakfast restaurants and a mini mart within 100 yards.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank for your kind review, we are pleased that you enjoyed yourself while you were here.
We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Hilton Head.
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Red Roof at Hilton Head has a great location and is very close to the waterfront that has great restaurants, shops and the Shannon Tanner kid show. It is only a few miles from the beach and is clean, one of the only places on the Island that allows pets to stay free and is a nice place to stay for those on a budget. I have stayed at this motel about 7 or 8 times now and plan to continue staying there when I visit the Island since I do have pets. The staff is also very friendly. They also have rooms with a microwave and mini frig, which is very nice. Hilton Head is a beautiful area too and I love going there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for the great review! At Red Roof we want you to feel like this is your home away from home. I will share your kind words with the staff. We look forward to having you as our guest.
See you soon.
Jamestown, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was the perfect hotel. The location was good (3 miles from the beach), the price was amazing, and customer service just doesn't get any better. Everything was clean and stocked. No breakfast here, but there is a diner to the left of the hotel and gas station to the right. The pool looked good, but it was still too cold when I went. The staff seems to take pride in their work, not something you see everyday. By far the best Red Roof I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your positive review. We value you as our guest. We look forward to having you stay again soon.
Chris Anselmo

Been to Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island? Share your experiences!