“Good price, good location, updated rooms.” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Regency Parkway, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Ranked #14 of 26 hotels in Hilton Head
Naugatuck, CT
“Good price, good location, updated rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

For being on Hilton Head in the middle of the places we wanted to go, this was very reasonable. Anything of comparable price was not on the island itself, and it's a pretty big island so that isn't very close at all. For the $90 or so we paid, we got a newly redone room with flat screen TV and laminate floors. Parking was very full, but it's not a big property so even parking on the other side of the building wasn't that bad.

Only negative was no included breakfast. They did have 24 hour coffee in the lobby though.

I should also mention they have a stupid policy of a $1.50 surcharge for the room safe. You need to say you didn't use the safe at the start of checking out, otherwise you get stuck with this. We tried to tell them we wouldn't use the safe on check-in, and they said "well, if the staff knew who used the safe and who didn't, we could just follow you up and rob you." Really. I think they might need to work on that message.

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I work in a feild that can be very pyhsically demanding, and time consuming. Ten to fourteen hour days can really take a toll on your body. My father and I had stayed with another hotel on the island before we decided to check out the Red Roof Inn.

Let me tell you how big of a mistake that other hotel was. With college spring breakers waking us up at 3:00 Am no wifi and horrible beds, i was begining to get testy and easily aggitated.

When I walked into our room at the Red Roof Inn I instantly knew that this is were we should have been all along. Jayme the very kind receptionist who checked us in called us in very short order just to make sure everything in the room was fine.

This is the best part though, the beds are brand new. They rooms still smell like a brand new house. When i fall asleep and find myself waking up fully refreshed and ready to go an hour or more before i had set my alarm. Thats amazing.

Jayme has done a great job making sure that we enjoyed our stay. When you go down to the office for coffee she tells you wich pot is freshest, and is also a great conversationalist.

WiFi works great, great selection of channels on the flat screen tvs (3*hdmi connections, sd card reader, and vga)

This is a great hotel, from the fluffy towels signature brand new beds and bedding, perfectly sized pillows, and friendly understanding and knowledgable staff.

These guys have youto covered.

• Stayed March 2013
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for such a positive review. Jayme is always very helpful and I am glad she added to your stay. We do hope to see you again soon.
Weehawken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is set in a tree-lined lot. Recent renovations didn't make it "brand new," but it sure was nice (especially the rate). We stayed on the lower level near the outdoor pool. The back units overlook a tree-lined parking lot (not a fence like other units) and have places outside to lock up bikes.

I liked our unit's floors, which mimicked wood. I am not a fan of rugs in motels/hotels because they get worn quickly. In this case, the only rug in the room was placed between our two beds. Walking on a rug prior to getting into bed shakes the dust off feet, whereas walking on a standard floor in the rest of the unit gave us the impression of cleaness.

Great Internet connections!

There is no breakfast service (outside of coffee), but you do get a 10% discount on food served next door at a popular breakfast and lunch restaurant.

Note that a large portion of the island is off limits as corporations with huge amounts of cash has walled it off. Nasty stuff. Tourists who are not guests of the wealthy or are not staying at a resort are limited to roaming the main park and neighborhoods that branch off that park. This is not to say that one's stay will not be nice, but it should set your expectations have you never visited before.

In terms of really nice tourist experiences, drive for about an hour over to Savannah, GA, and enjoy their Old Town and Riverfront area. Make a point of getting goodies at Savannah Candy Kitchen and The Peanut Shop. The Riverfront area is beautiful, has many restaurants/bars, standard tourist shops, and many places to sit and enjoy the beautiful area. Old Town, of course, is spectacular. For a little longer ride, visit Tybee Island just outside of Savannah.

Room Tip: Next door is a fab restaurant that specializes in breakfast and lunch (closed in the evening). Very...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your positive review. We are glad you liked the newly renovated rooms, and agree the plank flooring is really a nice addition. We hope you will come and visit with us again.
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

So we showed up at the SC Welcome Center on a Saturday night looking for a hotel on Hilton Head Island, SC. Spring Break Weekend. Ha Ha. Everything was booked except the last room at the Red Roof Inn. Never stayed at a Red Roof Inn but the price was right. Booked the hotel over the phone. Arrived 45 minutes later was was pleasantly surprised. New, renovated property with work station, large flat screen TV, Microwave, Fridge, safe, and a king sized bed. All redone 30 days ago. Cost for the night $79 plus tax. HBO, and free wifi included. No at this price no breakfast but within walking distance of numerous restaurants including a very nice pancake restaurant next door. Very nice hotel for the money vs. the $300 and up properties around here. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Great value, nice rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
I would like to say it was a pleasure having you here, I enjoyed meeting you when you checked in. I will share your postive words with the team. I do hope you will visit again.
GM
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I booked my room at the Red Roof because it is pet friendly. However, sometimes those "pet rooms" have a smell. Not so, the rooms here have recently all been renovated. I took a basic room so had few amenities, but for what I paid I thought it was a great bargain. There was coffee in the lobby 24/7 and wifi in the rooms. It was clean and comfortable. I'd definitely stay again if I needed a room on Hilton Head Isl.

Room Tip: If you have a dog to walk frequently or have difficulty with steps, ask for a 1st. floor room. Grea...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for the great review and the great tips for the guests. We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at Red Roof for 2 nights in March, 2013. They are one of the few places on Hilton Head Island that welcome pets- and there's no pet fee. They are centrally located on the island and are close to beaches and shopping. The rooms have been completely renovated; the king bed was very comfortable; the room had a flat screen TV; the work desk was nice-sized; the carpet has been removed in favor of wood flooring and rugs! The staff was very friendly and even called after I got to the room to make sure everything was working properly and to my liking!! I've even booked another reservation. I was told they have a new GM , Chris, and she made some changes. She's apparently done a great job. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your postive feedback. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pleasure in making sure our guests feel comfortable. We do hope to see you again when you are back in Hilton Head.
greenville sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very clean room in a great location at Hilton Head Island. Very pet friendly!!
Beds in great shape! Remodeled rooms, free coffee around the clock. Great staff.
Tammy was very helpful! I can only say great things about this hotel with great price value!
FREE WIFI!
Sandra J

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for the great review! At Red Roof we want you to feel like this is your home away from home. I will share your kind words with the staff and with Tammy We look forward to haveing you back.
Chris Anselmo

Been to Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island? Share your experiences!