“Great hotel for weekend stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Regency Parkway, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Dublin, Georgia
“Great hotel for weekend stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We like staying here on quick weekend getaways. Rooms are always clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. We usually get a King superior, but this time we tried the two room king. This worked out great for us as I am up earlier than my wife. Location is great being in the center of the island.

Room Tip: Be sure to go to Fresh Market for your snacks.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Bill C: Thank you for taking the time to post a trip advisor review on your stay at the Red Roof Inn Hilton Head. I am pleased to see that you had a great stay and thank you for letting others know of this. I am glad you liked our King Suite; it is nice having that extra room. I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I checked in and was no toliet tissue in the bathroom,1 large towel for 2 people.The floors were not vaccumed and the in the bathroom you could see dirt and hair all in the corners and the side of toliet had not been wiped off.That night a roach was seen crawling up the side of my bed and the next mornning I was waken to a spider over my face in bed.This is beside no parking cause big trucks with trailers pulled in taking up 5 spaces and the Man running the front desk was so rude to tell us that spiders are all on Hilton Head.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and I sincerely apologize. I understand your dissatisfaction and concern. Any report of insects in a room is considered very serious at our hotel. Quick and decisive action is taken. The reported room is immediately put out of order. A professional pest elimination company is called to thoroughly inspect and treat the room.

The housekeeping issues that you mentioned are not typical at our hotel. I hope you will give us a try the next time you are in Hilton Head, I am sure you will have a great stay with us.
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here with my young daughter in July. It was a spontaneous trip booked on my iPhone, and there was some confusion at check-in (that the front desk clerk quickly resolved). While we were waiting, one of the employees graciously went out of his way offered my daughter a drink from the juice machine, which was off since it was past breakfast time.

Our room was fine for the price and location (Google Maps does NOT have this location marked properly, be warned, it's MUCH easier to get to, right off the main drag toward Sea Pines). While the bathroom was pretty tiny, it didn't really bother either of us. The pool was great -- clean and the area safe and comfortable, and she spent as much time as possible there, when we weren't roaming the island where I used to live.

I couldn't find a channel suitable for her to watch when I was showering, etc, so I was glad to have brought coloring books and the iPad along.

The staff was very helpful getting us to a beach with free parking, and we got there early enough that we got a great space. There's a BP right in front of the hotel, which is extremely nice for grabbing a quick snack before settling in for the night.

We were a bit late getting out of our room, but we weren't charged extra for a slight late check-out. I didn't want to leave the room sandy and yucky from our morning on the beach (I've worked guest services in hotels before and have great respect for housekeeping!) so I was glad I wasn't charged for trying to help tidy.

Thanks for helping my daughter have a great first trip to the beach!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the nice comments about your stay with us. I hope you bring your daughter back to visit us again in the near future. We will make sure the juice and pool are ready for her.
Coneyrs Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I love the area that the hotel was in... The pool was outdoor and open all times except for bad weather like tornadoes ... The housekeeping did a great job with towels and washcloths ...The nathroom was very clean and rooms were clean ..The room smelled like smoke but that was a minor issues...Location was good .. not too far from the beach....carpet clean and flat screen tv was included ..

The vending machines made no sense 1.85 for a 1 liter .. There was a gas station in walking distance from the hotel and a restaurant as well ..

Room Tip: Highly recommended if you cant afford all the resort and plantation costs
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Was very worried about staying here. As a recently singe parent, vacations are now on a budget. Usually stayed in resorts on these types of trips. This place was great. Minutes from the beach. Clean room, everything was brand new, carpet, bedding, flat screen tv, and the bath was recently remodeled. Looked like it had never been used before. Cleaned daily with fresh towels and trash taken out. Would stay again in a heartbeat. Like I stated before, I am picky and used to staying in resorts. About the only thing I can say could be improved, is the breakfast. Not much to pick from.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor in the first building.
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Booked from priceline for a last minute family vacation. Hotel was clean and staff was friendly and helpful. Location and price was a plus also. Hotel also had a very light continental breakfast in the office which I did not see on the website. The only thing I would have liked would be coffee and fridge in our room.

Forsyth, Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Decided to stay at this hotel because of the price and location, being our first time on Hilton Head I wasn't sure. I called a couple of days ahead of time to just confirm the reservation because I booked it through another site. The gentleman that answered was quite rude and told me he had customers in front of him, as though I was wasting his time, also attitude due to the fact I didn't book it directly through RRI. Needless to say when we arrived I was a little anxious but the lady at the desk, Tammy I think was her name was friendly, attentive & helpful, even letting us check in early and changing our double bed to king. The room was spotless! Smelled as though someone had been smoking in there but not bad enough to bother her to change it again! The room was basic no amenities, which was fine for us, a place to change and sleep, we opt out on room service and walked to the front desk to request clean towels with no problem. Its location in the middle of everything was great. We decided to come back to the pool after a long day at the beach only to get in and realize it was gross, hair & debris was floating everywhere. Needless to say we didn't swim long! I can't say if anyone came and cleaned it because we didn't go back. Other than that it was our only complaint. The grounds are clean and its quiet considering HHI was so crowded!

Don't forget to try Stacks next door. Its an old Shoney's. The food is good but the people working there are extremely nice, the owner was at the door greeting customers as they came in!

So if you are looking for a good value with no frills this is the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island? Share your experiences!