“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Augusta, GA
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Love this hotel. For the money its great! We always have friendly service and clean rooms. We made the mistake of trying the Quality Inn and it was exactly what I just said a MISTAKE. We ended up checking out of the Quality Inn at 9:30pm and checking into Red Roof. The Red Roof went as far as matching the rate of the Quality Inn and even gave us a better rate than that. The pool is small and the channels on TV are limited. The property is clean and quiet. There is a slight spider problem in the breeze ways that go from the front of the hotel to the pool area, but I have never seen a bug in the room. The Red Roof has allowed us to take multiple vacations to the beach due to its affordability. You won't regret staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here when a friend of our's son was graduating from USMC on Parris Island. It is average but for the money and the location it is a good bargain. But would not recommend the pool because the manager at the front desk told us bad stories about what some unsavory guests did at and in the pool. Turned us off from even thinking about going in it.

Warrenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I booked this hotel in advance with hotels .com. The room was paid for when I booked it online. I ordered 2 movies and I was told by the desk clerk he needed to see our credit card. Well that was fine I knew we had to pay for the movies so we gave him the credit card. When we checked out I found out the next day after the movies were paid for, an additional $121 was charged to my card. That has been since April 2011.No money refunded even after calling corporate office. If I could have afforded to spend more money I would not have stayed here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed here for two nights and found that the hotel was in a central location to everything. The room was average but I was disappointed to find stains on my bed sheets and towels. However, the room overall was clean and in a good condition. The bathroom was quite small compared to the size of the room, but still clean. Service was decent as well, but room service had forgotten to replenish our room with towels the second day. Overall, an average hotel but in a great location.

Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We arrved late in the evening and found the staff very hospitable. We were very hesitant about staying in any hotel considering our last one has bed bugs. So we throughly checked out the room before we entered and found it clean, recently renovated, comfortable beds. We rented a suite and it was worth the extra money. We were able to have 3 children and 2 adults in the room easily. The pool was also very clean. They provided us the extra towels and blankets we needed.

Next door is a pancake house called Stacks. It is outstanding. We ate there every morning. Across the street is Longhorns and next door to Stacks is a Chinese Restaurant which I understand is good, but we didn't have a chance to try.

Finally the location is outstanding. We spent most of our time at the beach and this hotel is a great location to get to the public beaches area.

We visit Hilton Head once a year to visit with relatives. I would definitely come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Rent the suite
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Warrenton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

This hotel was fantastic for the price! Not only did the hotel have clean and cozy rooms with multiple amenities, but it also had a delightfully nice staff and pretty fantastic location! The hotel is situated right off the islands major highway, and is close to may shopping, entertainment, and food outlets (within 10 minutes of everything!). Also, the hotel is a short 5 minute drive away from the beach, which was another big plus. i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great deal.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We needed to stay one night before we could check into our condo for a weekly stay and I have to say I was impressed! This is the 1st review I have written and I am doing so because the staff was so friendly. The room was very clean, the pool was clean and refreshing, and it was a quiet night of sleep as well. I forgot my toothbrush and the staff gave me one. We asked them for some plastic cups while at the pool and they actually ran next door to the gas station and bought some for us. That is far above and beyond the level of service I expected. Worth every penny and I will be back! To the management...Thank you!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island? Share your experiences!