“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   23 Ocean Lane, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cumming, Georgia
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Outstanding service/food/accommodations/price. Have stayed here for years and all conveniences have improved since earlier stays. Advise to all who seek family/pet friendly beach hotels which are secure and convenient to all sightseeing and recreational facilities.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Minneapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The 5th floor ocean view suite had a great view and very private balcony. Our visit was pre-season, so very few other visitors around and staff was extremely attentive. The spa was marvelous. This was our first trip to Hilton Head, but we found no reason to leave the resort as everything we wanted was right there.

Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Loved this property. Our fourth floor room had a very roomy balcony overlooking the ocean. The staff went out of their way to make my birthday stay extra special from the pretty birthday cake towel arrangements with live roses, to champagne glasses and homemade lemonade and a birthday gift awaiting in the spa. The property was very clean. The steakhouse was excellent. Our only complaint was that the bathroom, for a luxury suite, was very small, barely any counter space. The beach was littered with jellyfish - not their fault but kind of weird - every three feet or so a fresh jellyfish washed up on the beach, making it a bit uncomfortable to get in the ocean.
We were in a luxury suite, with wrap-around deck, three sliding glass doors opening to the deck and overlooking the beach - living room, small kitchen area, large bedroom, and two bathrooms - just over $500/night - well worth the price. We'd definitely go back to this property if visiting Hilton Head again.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I took a little babymoon to Hilton Head for five days. We arrived at the Omni around 1pm, exhausted after a red-eye from LAX into Charleston and then a drive from Charleston to Hilton Head (approximately 2 hours). I had booked an ocean view king, and when we checked in, we were informed that only a room on the 3rd floor was available. As there are only four floors in the hotel, this didn't seem to be a problem. We proceeded to our room for a nap.

When we got to our room, we discovered that our "ocean view" was more of a view of the parking lot, basketball court, and a lot of trees, with a bit of the ocean in the background. This was not what I had in mind, to say the least. I called the front desk and the very nice man (Thomas, I believe was his name) told us that if we were willing to wait a bit, there was a room on the 4th floor available with a better view. I told him that was fine, and he said we could even wait in the current room and he would call us when our room was ready. My husband and I both tried to touch as little as possible, but ended up passing out while we waited over an hour for our room.

Once we got the call, we went to our new room, on the 4th floor, which faced the inside of the resort (the previous room had faced the parking lot), and had a spectacular view. I remain very appreciative of the hotel's accommodation in this regard and their offer to let us stay in the bad-view room until our room was ready. It still irks me, however, that in being told that our room was on the "third floor," it was not clear that it was a sub-par room. Had we had a room directly below the one we ended up in, on the third floor facing the inside of the resort, I believe this would have been quite acceptable. (However, it ended up working out okay as we were able to get in a nap, rather than waiting somewhere else for our room to be ready.)

Other than the foregoing, my only complaint was that the free wi-fi was incredibly slow, and didn't even work most of the time.

We loved the Omni, our room was huge and had a nice little kitchenette, housekeeping services were good, and the concierge made my husband's golf reservations without a hitch. I took advantage of the free beach yoga, which was great. I then got a prenatal massage with a special pregnancy pillow so I was able to lay on my stomach and didn't have to settle for a sub-par side-massage. My massage therapist was amazing and it was the best massage I have ever had.

Otherwise, we enjoyed the pool, the bike rentals, the food, and the pool bartender was able to make me some yummy mocktails. We had a rental car so did not experience the shuttle. We were both overall very satisfied with our stay and I was definitely sad to leave. I would love to visit the Omni Hilton Head again.

Room Tip: Request an ocean-view room facing the inside of the resort, not the parking lot.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We love Hilton Head and went for a short R and R and stayed at the Omni. We usually get a house, but tried the resort. Great location right on the beach and well priced. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms a bit dated, but spacious with kitchenette. We took a "resort view" which turned out to be the north parking lot. The main limitation was the lack of restaurant choice. There was a fairly expensive restaurant and a market where one could get pizza, sandwiches or a couple of pasta dishes. It was cafe style seating. That being said, I had a great pastrami sandwich. The restaurant was reviewed separately. While I rated the hotel average, the reasons were the room view, dated room and restaurants, but would go back and stay again. One of the best benefits was the hotel will transport within 3 miles give or take and there are several great restaurants nearby. Transport is quick and efficient. Also, the wifi was somewhat unreliable as I had been randomly kicked off and the guest wifi did not work in the cafe where we had breakfast coffee.

Room Tip: Get ocean view room for an extra few dollars.
Portsmouth, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I returned from a 6-day conference at Hilton Head Island staying at the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort. We have stayed in the hotel before (when it was owned by Hilton) and I knew the rooms to be generous in size with generally excellent service. For this stay, I booked a “luxury ocean front suite,” which is a significant step up from their otherwise beautiful “standard” rooms.

Our suite was huge (approx. 1000 square feet) with a large living room and a separate bedroom. Both rooms had large screen TVs with clear pictures and fair channel choices (approx. 42 channels). There was a full bathroom in the bedroom and a half-bathroom in the living room. The full bathroom was small in comparison to the suite, but the shampoo, soaps and lotions were top line. The shower had a good supply of hot water and the pressure was excellent. The towels were thick and fluffy.

The bedroom had a closet, a chest of drawers, a comfortable chair/ottoman and a king-size bed. There was plenty of space to unpack and “make yourself comfortable.” In addition to a couple of decorative pillows, the bed had 5 soft (though somewhat small) pillows and the bed was soft with good support. There were plenty of lights in the suites and all lights had a dimming option. There was a standard hotel-type safe in the closet of the bedroom.

The living room had a large sofa/chaise (with two decorative pillows) as well as two other chairs, two end tables and a coffee table. There was a large work desk with a good light and plenty of outlets. Within the large living room was a small kitchenette with a microwave, small refrigerator, cabinets, plates, glasses, silverware and small coffee maker.

From either the bedroom or the living room, you can go out on the truly gigantic balcony which overlooks the pool and ocean. On it are two chaise lounges, two chairs and two small tables, perfect for watching the sun come up with your morning coffee or napping in the afternoon.

Our housekeeper kept the room spotless and ensured we had plenty of coffee, towels and bathroom essentials. Heating/air conditioning worked well.

We used the AAA bed and breakfast package. With your room rate, you have daily access to a wonderful breakfast buffet including freshly made pastries, made-to-order omelette station (where you could also get made-to-order poached eggs, pancakes, eggs benedict, and waffles), a large selection of fresh fruits as well as your more standard eggs, bacon (which was awesome), sausage, etc. I noticed the price per person for the breakfast buffet was $24.00, so the package deal is the way to go if you want to start out each day with a good breakfast. And if you like to sleep in a bit, the buffet is open until 11:00 am every day.

We ate at the hotel’s main restaurant, hh Prime, one evening. Primarily known for steaks, dinner was excellent. We were able to eat outside (recommended) and found the service to be friendly and attentive. The wine list is not extensive, but certainly adequate.

More globally, we found a culture of customer service second to none. From the housekeepers to the groundskeepers to the wait staff to the front desk, we were greeted, needs were anticipated and service was always delivered with a smile. Happily, my wife and I make it to Hilton Head every year or two and the Omni is without a doubt the premier hotel on the island.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Orlando, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel used to be the Hilton and was taken over by Omni and renovated. It shows. The pools are nice and the beach is great, but the rooms and the rest of the hotel are not at the exceptional quality of other OMNI hotels. The one bedroom suite with full kitchen is actually a kitchenette with no dishwasher, stove, and only has a half refrigerator. Just disappointed.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!