“Excellence...” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   23 Ocean Lane, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Portsmouth, Ohio
“Excellence...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I returned from a 6-day conference at Hilton Head Island staying at the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort. We have stayed in the hotel before (when it was owned by Hilton) and I knew the rooms to be generous in size with generally excellent service. For this stay, I booked a “luxury ocean front suite,” which is a significant step up from their otherwise beautiful “standard” rooms.

Our suite was huge (approx. 1000 square feet) with a large living room and a separate bedroom. Both rooms had large screen TVs with clear pictures and fair channel choices (approx. 42 channels). There was a full bathroom in the bedroom and a half-bathroom in the living room. The full bathroom was small in comparison to the suite, but the shampoo, soaps and lotions were top line. The shower had a good supply of hot water and the pressure was excellent. The towels were thick and fluffy.

The bedroom had a closet, a chest of drawers, a comfortable chair/ottoman and a king-size bed. There was plenty of space to unpack and “make yourself comfortable.” In addition to a couple of decorative pillows, the bed had 5 soft (though somewhat small) pillows and the bed was soft with good support. There were plenty of lights in the suites and all lights had a dimming option. There was a standard hotel-type safe in the closet of the bedroom.

The living room had a large sofa/chaise (with two decorative pillows) as well as two other chairs, two end tables and a coffee table. There was a large work desk with a good light and plenty of outlets. Within the large living room was a small kitchenette with a microwave, small refrigerator, cabinets, plates, glasses, silverware and small coffee maker.

From either the bedroom or the living room, you can go out on the truly gigantic balcony which overlooks the pool and ocean. On it are two chaise lounges, two chairs and two small tables, perfect for watching the sun come up with your morning coffee or napping in the afternoon.

Our housekeeper kept the room spotless and ensured we had plenty of coffee, towels and bathroom essentials. Heating/air conditioning worked well.

We used the AAA bed and breakfast package. With your room rate, you have daily access to a wonderful breakfast buffet including freshly made pastries, made-to-order omelette station (where you could also get made-to-order poached eggs, pancakes, eggs benedict, and waffles), a large selection of fresh fruits as well as your more standard eggs, bacon (which was awesome), sausage, etc. I noticed the price per person for the breakfast buffet was $24.00, so the package deal is the way to go if you want to start out each day with a good breakfast. And if you like to sleep in a bit, the buffet is open until 11:00 am every day.

We ate at the hotel’s main restaurant, hh Prime, one evening. Primarily known for steaks, dinner was excellent. We were able to eat outside (recommended) and found the service to be friendly and attentive. The wine list is not extensive, but certainly adequate.

More globally, we found a culture of customer service second to none. From the housekeepers to the groundskeepers to the wait staff to the front desk, we were greeted, needs were anticipated and service was always delivered with a smile. Happily, my wife and I make it to Hilton Head every year or two and the Omni is without a doubt the premier hotel on the island.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Orlando, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel used to be the Hilton and was taken over by Omni and renovated. It shows. The pools are nice and the beach is great, but the rooms and the rest of the hotel are not at the exceptional quality of other OMNI hotels. The one bedroom suite with full kitchen is actually a kitchenette with no dishwasher, stove, and only has a half refrigerator. Just disappointed.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a great ocean front resort. The room are huge, with kitchenettes. The HH Prime restaurant is also excellent for all meals. The only thing we didn't like were the open air corridors which are more suited to a Hawaii climate.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room
Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We booked an oceanfront room for a week looking for a great view of the ocean and that is exactly what we got-a large beautiful oceanfront suite with a large private balcony with a wonderful view of the ocean. All the staff at the resort were very friendly and efficient. The restaurants all served excellent food, especially the crab cakes. Our favorite hangout was the Buoy Bar at the pool-good food, drinks and a very nice staff. Our stay at the Omni was exceptional. Very nice place!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If you stay at an Omni def join their rewards program. Each morning you get free coffee or tea delivered, waters, free wi-fi and the paper. We have stayed enough to get to platinum level. They are pretty good about upgrading you as well if available.

I am detailing everything- but even with my ridiculous standards I would stay here again. I write the good and the bad hoping the hotel reads this so they can investigate the little tune ups that would improve the place.
The resort is beautiful. It sits on a beach that reminds me of cape cod with little sand dunes. There are palm trees everywhere. The buildings are in a U shape that surround a courtyard that has a few fire pits, games, and three pools.
Side note- the pools do not open until 10AM. This was not cool for us early birds that want to catch rays. Also, if you are leaving early you cannot find a place in the sun to sit until 10 AM.
The rooms are AMAZING. All are done over. Super clean. I am a freak when it comes to hotel rooms and I am often dissatisfied with cleanliness or odors in rooms. This was by far the nicest room I have been in at a semi-tropical resort. The bed was super comfortable and linens were perfect- crisp, clean, and very white. They wash it all and do a great job of it.
The bathroom was nice and has an outside sink area- so there are two places to get ready. It's a tad cramped and the hair dryer is not the best. Took forever to dry my hair. The amenities are the usual Omni products. Nice, but if you use expensive shampoo and conditioners they are just average. The robes are soft and some of my favorite out of all hotels.
The water temp does not get very hot and the water pressure is weak. I wish it was stronger as it takes a while to rinse out conditioner.
The bed was comfortable but softer than I usually like. The pillows were all foam, not fluffy feather ones, so that was interesting as I could not get quite comfortable. However, you can order different pillows. In each room there is a living room area with a nice firm sectional, a TV, desk, and a balcony.
There is a new kitchenette and a table with four seats (it is a high table, not for kids). The new flooring is really nice- like driftwood- and the kitchen, though small, provides you a place for snacks, a small fridge, wine glasses, plastic cups, utensils, a microwave, and a toaster. There are 10 grocery stores on the island so plenty of places to stop and grab breakfast and lunch snacks.

Upon arriving at this resort we were told our room was not yet ready- but it was only 1PM. We decided to explore and drove around HH. It was our first time there. We got a call shortly after the room was ready, but I had asked for the 5th floor of the hotel away from elevators, and this was a room on the second floor, so we waited until 5 and they found us a room on the top floor.

I think this made the experience the best. Definitely try to get a room on a high floor facing the courtyard-unless you like the parking lot view.
The front desk people were very pleasant and efficient. I requested a sleep kit (noise machine, eye mask, and ear plugs) and it came from room service very quickly.
One night the people in the courtyard were getting loud at 10PM and it got out of hand and even with ear plugs, windows closed, pillow on my head, I could hear them. I called the front desk at 11 and by 11:15 it was quiet. I can only imagine if you were on a lower floor how disruptive that would be but I was happy the resort was so responsive. The room service was punctual and the croissants were tasty! The room service people were super friendly.

The food- HH prime was good, the food at the pool bar is good as well. A bit overpriced but def delicious. There are no bad meals to be had on the island if you read your trip advisor reviews! The alcohol at the pool bar I felt was watered down. I had two overpriced key lime drinks and was sober. A rum floater would make those better. If you want a stiff drink go to happy hour at HH prime and get a margarita for 5 bucks. They pack a punch!

We would go back to this hotel in a heart beat. Also GET A RENTAL car! We would have been lost without one. The island is pretty large and you cannot see where any shops are because everything is lined with trees. You need to map it out and use a GPS to find little places. HH was one of my favorite destinations (for golf- sun- and great food) and we will return and stay at the Omni!
Oh- just to note- the 22 dollar a night resort fee covers parking and wi-fi for everyone and the fitness center. Its a little steep. The fitness center is kind of a joke. A few cardio machines, a few free weights, but missing many important components. If you work out with weights then you will be underwhelmed. But there is a big water dispenser and we filled up our nalgene bottles for the beach/ pool area/ and to golf! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Get a high floor away from elevators. If you book through a site outside of Omni you will be given t...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We visited the Omni in Mid-March for our anniversary, and despite the construction and upgrades, we were not disappointed. We stayed in an upgraded/renovated suite which was pristine, and had an excellent view of the ocean. The living space is very well laid out and more than adequate, and the room is well appointed.

A few notes on separate items:

1) The Ocean View Studio Suite is awesomely positioned and is more than enough room for two people, unless you just want to have separate rooms or feel like splurging. If I had my kids with me, I would have gotten a larger room.

2) I hate room service food. So when I say the room service food here was pretty darn good, I really mean it. Had wings, quesadillas, fries, and soda, and it was executed as if it came from a bar dive with awesome food, but delivered by a very nice, well dressed, polite gentleman, directly to my room.

3) The grounds are torn up from all of the construction going on, but what is not being renovated is meticulously taken care of, period. Beach access is easily navigated, and everything the resort offers is very accessible.

4) From the front door to the room, everyone seems thrilled to help you. That's what I expect at a resort, and that's exactly what you get here.

Room Tip: Take the Ocean View. It's absolutely worth the small price hike.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
North Andover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is the second time we've stayed at the Omni and again we were pleased with accommodations, and the staff. We opted for the breakfast package and were very pleased with the variety in the buffett. On the negative side I found the internet service to be slow and unresponsive.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!