“Omni Hilton Head” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   23 Ocean Lane, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #6 of 26 hotels in Hilton Head
Nashville, Tennessee
“Omni Hilton Head”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

What a great place to relax and wind down from a busy schedule! Enjoy the adults only pool and the great service from the Buoy Bar. Great beach location with easy access off-premises. Tons of golf opportunities very close by.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

861 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Rockville Centre, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If you need a vacation and need someone to cater to your needs you must go to the Hilton Head Omni. The rooms are great, views spectacular, friendly staff, beach & pool side relaxing and food delicious. The staff knows you by name and always at your service. This hotel is a definite must when at Hilton Head.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Manalapan, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We loved our time at the OMNI. Spent 5 nights and loved it! Beach and pool are awesome. Staff was incredible. Room was huge!!!! The activities they did for the kids were the best. My kids made do many friends. Very family oriented. Food in hotel was delish!!!! Security was on the ball! Felt very safe . We will definitely be back.

Wakefield, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My review is mixed for a few reasons. Most importantly I think I just had a bad weekend.

The hotel itself is nice and the people/staff are friendly and accomodating.

The pools and beach are nice and maintained as well as can be. The staff come over to you almost instantaneously when you either raise your hand or the orange flag .. which is awesome.

However, a few flaws. First, because of it being the south you have to expect some critters and at night, there is an infestation of Palmetto Bugs (known as Water Bugs to us from the north). This becomes a problem when you are returning to the hotel after the sun goes down and if your room is on the first floor. My sister's room was on the first floor and I told her to make sure she kept a towel at the door at night to block them from getting in. The flower pot area outside of her room was overrun with them at night. On the Sunday of my stay, I noticed one of the workers spraying the outside of the first floor balconies with Home Defense (guess the guests were complaining about the bugs).

Second, I was supposed to receive a newspaper daily but never received it during my four days.

Third, we had a housekeeping mix-up. It is imperative that you put your "privacy" sign outside of your door the night before because there was a housekeeper knocking and trying her key at 7:45 a.m. After telling her that we were not ready for housekeeping and that she should come back in about two hours, we left the room around 9:30 a.m. When I returned to the room at 4:00 p.m. to prepare for dinner, the room was never done. At this point, I just wanted the garbages emptied (because the garbage cans are very small and you only get two in the room). I put the cans outside and called housekeeping to ask that someone please empty them AND LEAVE THEM THERE AS I AM GOING IN THE SHOWER, I WILL CALL WHEN I AM LEAVING FOR DINNER FOR SOMEONE TO COME CLEAN THE ROOM. Needless to say, I go in the shower and come out to find the housekeeper in my room standing there looking at me in my underwear asking me if I wanted the room cleaned now. I AM IN MY UNDERWEAR DO YOU THINK I WANT YOU TO CLEAN MY ROOM NOW?!?!?!? I said no. She then proceeds to ask me if I want her to come back or do I want the night staff to do it. I gave her the look of all looks and said AS I PREVIOUSLY STATED I WILL CALL AND AT THIS POINT I DON'T EVEN WANT YOU ALL IN MY ROOM. Needless to say, I never had the room cleaned and it happened to be my last night in the hotel anyway.

Upon checkout (which is my number four), I was asked about my stay. I said it was "okay". The front desk person checking me out (which by the way you can express check out but since I was switching credit cards I needed to do it in person) said she didn't like the way I sound and wanted to know what happened. I mentioned the housekeeping debacle but didn't even bother mentioning the newspaper (seemed so minimal to complain). She in turn offered a credit of the resort fees for my stay as an "inconvenience courtesy". I thought this was a nice gesture.

However, in terms of the fees on my cards itself.... my original credit card was charged for two of the three nights (even though I continually stressed that I was using a different card at the end and they told me to just wait until the end and tell them which card). When they took the cash I gave them and applied it to the account, I ended up with the charges on my credit card in addition to now being out of the cash. The credit was put through in a way that no one could understand and I called several times before this was straightened out. And the courtesy refund was never put through at all until after I spoke with "Leratto" on Tuesday who actually spent 1/2 hour on phone with me, took my information, straightened everything out and called me back to confirm that it was taken care of in addition to emailing me the RIGHT receipt.

Again, I really think I just was having a rough experience because my parents stay at this hotel every year and have never had any issues (that I am aware of). The grounds are beautiful and the staff does whatever is necessary to keep it nice and ensure that you are enjoying your stay. The lobby offers complimentary apples, kid backpacks filled with activities and fresh water flavored with fresh fruit. Just be on the lookout if you plan on changing credit cards and follow up if you are not receiving the services (ammenities) you are supposed to have.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor near the pool
Brodhead, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Loved our time at the Omni - spent 4 nights and loved every minute. Beach is great, bikes are fun and the property is very nice. I think the best on the Island from what I could see of other spots. I would highly recommend this location. We did the Bed and Breakfast option with buffet every morning, I would recommend that if not getting breakfast on the island is a bit of a hassle. The Country Store just down the street does have nice fare too. You can rent bikes on property, I would reserve early before you get there or there is an outfitter down the road. But having a bike was very fun, even for our teens.

Room Tip: All the rooms may say ocean view but the views are slanted views, so don't be disappointed. The...
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront is a very nice hotel. From the parking attendants to Jennifer at the front desk, to the maids everyone was extremely friendly and personable.

The room was very nice and the bathroom was a 10. No issues. Every hotel should have a separate sink area away from the toilet/shower.Well done Omni!!

The beach is truly a few stairs from the hotel and I must add clean and not crowded. We even saw dolphins thanks to the friendly lifeguards. Thanks ladies!

The hotel is so nice I'm going back a few weeks later. It's convenient to everything. You will truly get a Caribbean vibe at the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront.

I only think I would suggest to management is some TLC for the private wooden balconies. Wood and salt water not a good mix.

I will most definitely visit this property several times a year.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Rooms very clean and very well maintained , staff was very friendly. Bed comfortable. I will visit again. Check in was smooth. Hotel has many amenities including adult pool. Beach front was beautiful.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!