“Best for less!” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   23 Ocean Lane, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #6 of 26 hotels in Hilton Head
Sagay, Philippines
“Best for less!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've learned this place from internet browsing and I never thought this place would satisfy my family's need for a pleasure vacation. From the waitstaffs to the cleaners, Omni has been very accomodating and friendly. The Bouy bar waitstaff (Agnes) has been so pleasant and friendly to everybody. She even offers to throw our trash for us (of course, I didn't let her so) but that gesture shows that she wants to go above and beyond her expected task. We appreciated our stay for the fact that we came in as early as 11 am and we were accomodated that early. Stayed on the ground floor which is overlooking the pool so we didn't have a hard time looking after our kids while in the pool. The beach is a few steps away too. All in all, this is the best vacation we have had as a family.

789 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

First time to Hilton Head so we picked the Omni due to central location and accessibility to other parts of the Hilton.

The ROOM:
Had a one bedroom suite on the 5th floor with "Courtyard" view, which was mostly parking lot, but to our surprise we could see the ocean. The suites have 2 balconies which allowed my wife and I some privacy if we wanted it. The suite comes with a kitchenette (small fridge, small sink, coffee maker, cabinets with a couple of dishes) Allowed us to keep drinks and snacks on hand for the kids. The coffee maker is a Cuisinart 1-2 cup single brew machine and they stock Wolfgang Puck coffee using Pods (not K-cups), in case you want to bring your own. The bathroom has an additional vanity outside of the actual bathroom which allowed 2 people to get ready at the same time, although space was really tight. The pull out bed in the main room worked well for our 9 year old and they provided a crib for our two year old. Both slept in the main living room at night, and then we were able to pull the portable crib into the master bedroom in the afternoons for naptime and close the door to give he quiet time. Worked really well. Flat screen TVs in both the main living and bed room. Rooms were clean and the staff was attentive, responding to our hand written note requesting additional towels each morning. Our room was next to the elevator and ice machines, but we didn't ever hear any noise during the evening. Unfortunately the washer/dryers were not all working on each floor and my wife had to walk across the hotel to use the washer/dryers in the other building. Thankful that we were able to do some laundry, but it was a bit of a hassle ($1.50 for each wash /$1.50 to dry). There are a few comments about the wifi and I have to agree, having to pay extra for wifi is a downer, and I think they charge you extra for each device you register. I say I think because we had a lot of problems connecting to the hotel wifi, I had to call tech support and they couldn't help and then they discovered an unregistered router in the hotel. I called the manager and was very responsive and took off the extra charges.

The RESORT:
Smaller in scale than I expected after looking at the website pictures, but not small. The two main buildings create a nice courtyard and are short walks to the main building where the market, lobby and restaurants are. Our room included the breakfast buffet each morning which I highly recommend. The service could be a little slow at times when they were busier, but the food was good and they changed the variety a little each morning. There's also a made to order omelet bar which we used every day. The pools are a little small but there are 3 of them so space wasn't an issue. One pool is adults only for quiet time, and one pool had a zero entry opening which was perfect for our 2 year old to walk in on his own. The pools are nice and well maintained each morning (they don't open until 9am). Lounge chairs get reserved quickly in the morning so plan ahead accordingly if you want a chair poolside. There's an activity desk and a bar/restaurant near the pools which was very convenient. The activity staff was very friendly and we rented bikes that we rode on the beach one day, and my daughter made tie-dye shirts another day. There was a poolside "DJ" one day that played music and did activities for the families like a hoola hoop contest and a family dance off. Lots of fun. The beach is very close and accessible and there are 2 lifeguard stands right in front of the hotel beach, which was very comforting. The beach is level with hard packed sand, not the soft powdery sand you may find in other places. There is a side current with moderate undertow depending on the tide, but my 9 year old did just fine and didn't get scared. We had fun body surfing and boogey boarding. You can rent lounge chairs on the beach or bring your own towels. If you're into nature, the turtles lay their eggs right in front of the hotel each morning (in season) at about 4am and you can get up and watch them.

The hotel is very centrally located on the island so most places are not a far drive. There's also a Kroger, a putt putt golf, major tennis facility and lots of restaurants within 5 mins.

The drive to Sea Pines and Harbour Town takes a little longer and is very dark and windy at night, so be prepared if you're not a great nighttime driver.

Overall a nice place to stay, we had a great trip. Hope this review was helpful.

Room Tip: Don't overpay for oceanview if you think you'll be out of your room all day. Rooms by the e...
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

First trip to Hilton Head for our family of three - mom, dad, and 9 year old son. Decided on Omni based on proximity to beach, overall cost, and reviews read online. We made the right decision on all three.

The Omni is set in a very tropical environment, with palm trees and outdoor paths all over the grounds. It has three pools, including one adult only. It is also right on the beach, with direct access from the pool area, and beach equipment and rentals. The hotel itself is top notch. Rooms are very large, with mini kitchens - fridge, microwave, toaster, dishes.

The resort has great amenities on site, too - including pool side bar with great drinks and food, steakhouse with high level quality food, a market place for morning coffee (Starbucks), pastries, a good light menu, and the various things you'd find at a convenience store. A spa, nightclub, and outdoor ping pong and kid sized chess/checker board add some variety.

On to prices... You can do your own research on nightly room rates. But I can say that I was pleasantly surprised by the reasonable prices of food and drink. I've been places that have you captive on their resort, and gouge you for upwards of $20 per piña colada or daiquiri - as well as the food prices. But we paid your average Ruby Tuesday prices for stuff - $4/5 beers, $9 mixed drinks, $12 sandwiches with fries at the pool bar. We also got an awesome steak dinner special for $30 for a three course meal.

Overall, Hilton Head is beautiful with plenty of things to do and places to see. If you want the best of resort and beach fun, Omni should be at or near the top of your considerations. You'll be glad you went. We are, and we'll be back next year.

Room Tip: I wouldn't worry about a beach front room. A courtyard view room gives you a view into the cour...
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed for 2 nights in July. I had paid for an Oceanview room and when we got to our room, it had a view of the parking lot with a small peak of the ocean way off into the distance if you stood in the corner of the balcony and peeked around the corner. On a positive note, we asked to change rooms and that request was granted immediately but it was still a pain. The rooms are big and nice but nothing spectacular. The bed wasn't that comfortable and the bathroom seemed a bit dated.

Our second night there was my mother's 50th birthday and even though I let the hotel know prior to our trip and again at check in, there was no acknowledgment of it AT ALL. I found that absolutely crazy. We were at a previous hotel 2 nights before and they sent my mom champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and it wasn't even her actual birthday. But nothing on her actual birthday from the Omni. Such a disappointment.

The restaurant situation here is a bit odd. The lunch/bar area closes at 7pm, then there is a grab and go type place and the Steakhouse for dinner. I feel like there should be a more casual restaurant open for dinner at place this size. They do have a lounge but it is only open on Fridays and Saturdays. There was no place for us to grab a drink a and relax after dinner on Sunday. Again, a disappointment.

The pools are nice but nothing special. There are 3 different pools. 2 are large and for children and families. There is a smaller one off to the side for adults only but the bar is over by the children's pool. There is no bar by the adults only pool. There is pool service but you have to wait for that to come around. The bathrooms outside the adult pool are basically upscale porta-pots. Gross. And you can't see the ocean or anything from the pool. You can't even hear the waves. Could have just hung out at my pool at home. It was basically the same experience. But at least I would have had an umbrella if I was at my pool at home. There are about 5 umbrellas for all the chairs in the adult pool so most people are stuck with no shade. Everything was just so-so but it was missing so much.

Which brings me to the ocean. This is really a disappointment as I have never been to the atlantic side before but the ocean is not the resorts fault. But FYI, it is dark and murky and you can only see about 6 inches down. I would not get in. The BIG disappointment is that you have to pay for beach chairs and the beach chairs are ridiculously old and terribly uncomfortable. Beach chairs, beach lounges AND a cabana are all included in the resort fee at the place we normally visit in Florida (not to mention bike rentals and kayak rentals (for 1 hour/day)). The resort fee was the same as the Omni but the only thing you get at the Omni are towels, free wi-fi, SELF Parking and a complimentary shuttle. PLEASE.

Everything about this hotel kind of feels like a rip-off. Room services was $99 for 6 chicken wings, chicken quesadillas (which included 4), a bottle of Coke and a bottle of $14 Kendall Jackson that the hotel charged $55 for. Then upon check out, there was an additional $40 added to our bill for food we never ordered. It was removed but still an inconvenience. Which just seemed to be one of many here.

The resort is very family friendly and had lots of activities for kids. I may have a different review if I was there with my kids but I wasn't. I was there on a girl's trip celebrating my mom's 50th birthday and, unfortunately, it was sort of lackluster.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Beautiful compound, pool area is gorgeous, especially at night!
Literally steps away from the ocean. So picturesque with all the umbrellas & chairs scattered across the beach, loved it! The rooms were nice, a tad outdated, but we were informed that they are in the process of renovation. Nonetheless, rooms were clean, nicely decorated, with extra touches like nice, plush robes. On site store, affordable priced, restaurant on site, kayak rentals, bike rentals, anything you'd need. You wouldn't really need to leave the resort. Only problem we encountered was the air conditioning began leaking & saturated the carpeting. It made it a bit troublesome walking through it, but they knocked the resort fee off for the bother, so that eased the trouble somewhat. If you are looking for constant excitement, go to myrtle beach. Hilton head is more of a laid back, chill environment.

Stayed July 2014
Pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stay at this resort every year and have always had a wonderful experience. It is pricey but you get what you pay for. Love the adult pool, weight room, and convenient location. Ocean view room is fabulous.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Greensboro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

On-the-beach resort. Our favorite place in Hilton Head to stay. Adult pool, plus a large walk-in pool and a smaller pool. A beautifully landscaped property. Great breakfast at HH Prime. Buoy bar, great views and lunch, plus drinks. Very friendly staff, especially Mary at HH Prime, Anthony and Carl. Remodeled rooms coming this winter with new beds!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!