“Great Oceanfront Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   23 Ocean Lane, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Oceanfront Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My entire family (parents and in-laws!) spent five days at the Omni, and had a great time. The staff at the Omni are very friendly and helpful. Upon arrival (around noon), the front desk staff informed my husband and me that our room was not yet ready (we didn't expect it to be since check-in is 3:00). We headed out to the beach, and about an hour later the front desk called to let us know we could pick up our keys and check-in to our room.

We had a Courtyard View room; the room was very spacious (bed, sitting area, kitchenette) and everything was clean. The bathroom was also fairly spacious and clean. (The room was showing a little bit a wear and tear, but that's to be expected at a beach hotel with all of the sand, moisture, and humidity.) Our balcony looked out onto the center courtyard, but you could still see the ocean beyond the trees.

The outdoor areas of the hotel have been recently renovated. We didn't spend much time at the pools, but they do have an adults only pool (which is nice if you don't want to hang out with a bunch of screaming, splashing kids). The beach access is very convenient, and the beach itself is not very crowded - especially at low tide when the beach is very, very wide.

My husband and I purchased the "Beach and Breakfast" room package which included the breakfast buffet every morning in HH Prime. The buffet was huge and had lots of good food - omelette bar, bacon, sausage, pancakes, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereals, breads, bagels, pastries - definitely worth the package price.

Room Tip: Courtyard View rooms less expensive than Ocean View rooms, but you can still see the ocean through t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We spent two nights here before continuing our vacation with friends in Charleston. I booked this using a discount code offered on Trip Advisor although I was a bit concerned about the reviews I read that mentioned the renovation work.

I called the front desk to see what the story was and they assured me that all renovation work had been completed. I also confirmed the distance from the hotel to the beach because this, too, seemed to be an issue in some of the reviews. Assuming you can walk, it takes less than 5 minutes. Hardly a deal-breaker.

In the course of the conversation with the concierge, I mentioned that we were celebrating my 50th birthday and looking forward to some peace and quiet. She suggested that I speak with Adam, the loyalty manager, to request a quiet room by the adult pool. Which he did.

The problem started when we checked in. There was an awful lot of noise coming from the family in the room next door. Kids screaming, adults admonishing them to be quiet, the TV....you get the picture. We tried to ignore but it was still going on when we got home from dinner.

We realized that we had been put into an adjoining room - and there was at least an inch of open space under the door separating our rooms. Of course this is why it was so loud - we were essentially IN the other room.

I was angry because this is precisely what I was trying to avoid. My boyfriend went down to the front desk to explain the situation and try to get us moved. Unfortunately, all they were willing to over us was a move to an interior room at a $30/'night upcharge.

This was not the response I expected, especially as an Omni loyalty club member. The next morning (after a less than quiet night), we approached the front desk again. Lucky for me, Adam was working. He remembered our conversation and graciously offered us a move to a different room at no additional charge. Later, he sent up a wine and cheese plate for my birthday.

Bottom line - this is a family-oriented property and I knew that going in. However, the Omni needs to remember that adjoining rooms are not "quiet" when there is an opening under the door. They should not book unrelated people in these kind of rooms.

Thanks to Adam for rectifying the situation!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms have the best view, but you'll pay extra for it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Economy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We just returned from a week long stay at the Omni. We were very pleased with the hotel and the grounds. Everything was very neat and clean. Our oceanfront suite was huge. It was nicely laid out and we had more than enough room for two people. We were there to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday. We were concerned about getting an umbrella at the adult pool so that she could have shade during our trips to the pool. So I called the front desk to inquire about renting a cabana for a day or two. I was told that someone would call me back. Later that evening, Gray, returned my call. When I explained my need for a cabana, he gave us a cabana for the week at no charge. My mother and I were so relieved knowing that being outdoors at the pool would not be an issue for her. Gray even gave us drink vouchers for each day of our stay. Gray really made our trip with his generous gift. We were so impressed with his kindness and consideration. He even stopped out to see us one day at the pool to check on how we were doing. That made us feel very special and welcomed at the Omni. Everybody that worked there was friendly with a hello when you passed them. We are looking forward to returning next year. Thank you again Gray!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed for my 30th birthday this July. The room was a very impressive size and had great views. It also had a mini fridge and microwave which is an added convenience. They have three nice sized pools which includes a separate adult only pool. I will definitely be visiting the Omni Hilton Head again in the near future. Great stay!

• Stayed July 2013
Gainesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I decided to get away from our home in Northern Virginia and see what Hilton Head had to offer. The Omni was a perfect "by the beach" hotel. The halls are open, reminding us of Hawaii. The room was clean with a nice balcony. Coffee is offered in the room as well as a breakfast-type snack and coffee or juice delivered to your door if you are a "loyal" customer (ask to be one when you check in). Also a paper was delivered to the door. We would definitely stay there again and would like to take the grandkids as there are play areas and a pool, plus the beach. We saw many families on bicycles.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
OmniHiltonHead, General Manager at Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience as a member of our Select Guest program at The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort. We appreciate your comments regarding our perfect beach location and open feel. We are glad you took advantage of the exclusive benefits of your Select Guest membership and enjoyed the complimentary morning beverage delivery and weekday newspaper of your choice. We hope these added touches helped create a more memorable stay with us.

We at the Omni strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and appreciate your feed back. We look forward to welcoming your family again here at the resort!
Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were in Hilton Head SC for a professional conference and stayed at the Omni. We were very pleased as we had a nice size room, nice balcony and close to the parking lot. They had several pools there with many other activities as well. It appears that they are taking care of this property as everything seemed to be in good shape.

Room Tip: We had a nice room close to the hotel lobby and parking lot and we didn't have to navigate any s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We went with 3 kids, there were 2 pools for families and one for adults. Nothing special about pools, service was great. We rented bikes and rode around but couldn't get to shops or anything on bikes.
It was a good vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!