“Two thumbs up for the Omni!” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   23 Ocean Lane, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Two thumbs up for the Omni!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Great location. Love the adult only pool, fire pits, rocking chairs, and being on the beach. Brought our own bikes, put plenty of fun miles on them! We'll go back again. The hotel is pet friendly, but I didn't hear any barking. The pools were clean. I loved having the little kitchen since I'm vegan. The movies in room were reasonably priced. We watched fireworks from the beach and avoided the crowds. It was more fun and less stress. We enjoyed the hot tubs as well.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family and I visited the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort on July 1-3, 2013, and we thoroughly enjoyed its convenient location and value. We were able to secure a special web deal because we stayed in the middle of the week, and it was about $160 per night less than the weekend rate. Our room was very spacious and was kept very tidy by the wait staff. We loved that they came around one night to check on us and see if we needed any additional linens or anything else. The resort is truly a one-stop shop for all we needed. The property provided opportunities for bike riding, tennis, fishing, etc. Everyone is walking or riding their bicycles around the property which really encouraged us to do more together than just swim. There were numerous golf courses on the property or nearby. The resort has a number of pools for adults and kids as well as a spa. We loved the fact that we could walk just a few steps up a boardwalk to the beach. The beach was well maintained and very clean. We ate lunch at the restaurant next to the pool. We did not eat breakfast at the Palmetto Market or dinner at HH Prime because the prices were too high. However, we will be going back to stay at the property again. Our family had a blast!

Room Tip: Meals at the property are pretty pricey, so consider using TripAdvisor to locate local eateries like...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I own a house in Sea Pines, which I rent part time. We had the house blocked out Saturday to Saturday, 6/22 to 6/29. When the house remained unrented the prior week, my daughter and I decided to drive down with our 2 dogs on Wednesday night 6/19. Unfortunately, in the hectic work week leading up, I forgot to block out the extra days, and my rental company took a last minute rental. Didn't find out until I called on the way down to ask them to pop over and turn on the pool heater, and found out there were renters in until Saturday. So, I was on I-95 in NC with a 12 yr old and 2 dogs, and nowhere to stay.

My rental agent called around looking for a pet friendly property that would take a 2 night rental. Ended up that Omni was about the only option, and it turned out to be a very comfortable one. Booked a promo rate in an oceanview studio suite, with 2 queens, for about $270 a night. Could have had garden view for $250, but went ahead and went oceanview. They quoted a 100 per dog pet fee, but lowered it to $150 for the 2.

Room was huge and very nice, 600+ sq ft plus balcony. Fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Check in was easy and helpful. There is a market on site that also makes take out food. Ordered room service first night, crab cake, filet, etc., was very good, fast, and hot.

Location is very nice. We live in Sea Pines, and haven't spent a lot of time in Palmetto Dunes. Very beachy, and this property is right on the beach with 3 nice pools, nice beach/pool bar. Seemed to have good activities, bike rental, kayak rentals, all convenient to the hotel. Dogs are allowed on the beach before 10 and after 5, on leash. In Sea Pines we can let them run during dog hours, so the dogs weren't happy about that, but we had nice beach walks just the same.

Service throughout was very good. Took the dogs for long walk in the morning, told the housekeeper what we were doing and she serviced our room next, while we were out, so we didn't need to worry about crating the dogs. My daughter got a mani pedi at the spa (the price I paid for my screw up), and they were nice and did a nice job for her.

Only down side, I thought the room rate was very reasonable for the size and quality, but everything else on the property was pretty pricy. $130 plus for room service, two dinners, one app and 2 desserts. Lunches and drinks also pretty expensive. I really didn't worry much, first because they saved me, and second because I got a surprise rental in my house. Basically ended up dropping half the net rental income at the Omni.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hiram, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My in-laws and I stayed at the Omni Resort June 26-29, 2013 (my husband and I only stayed two nights and my in-laws stayed until the 29). We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with an ocean-front view and a pull-out couch. We went partly to vacation and partly to see my husband's cousin graduate from training for the Marines at Parris Island. I suggest this place if you're going for a weekend to see someone a Parris Island - the drive isn't bad at all.

There aren't any negatives I can give about this hotel. It was wonderful. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Even the pull-out couch my husband I slept on wasn't bad! The view was beautiful and we were literally right on the beach. They even had bikes to rent so you could bike along the area and on the beach! If I had to give a negative about anything, it was that the bike seats were uncomfortable.

If you have the money to burn, I suggest eating at HH Prime. It was probably some of the best food I've ever had. The little bar/restaurant by the pools was also delicious.

Room Tip: If you can, upgrade your room. My father-in-law updated our room which was only about $50 more and i...
Greenwood, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Everything for our stay was perfect! From the housekeeping staff to the restaurant service everything was excellent and of great quality. We loved the select guest beverage service in the mornings and the convenient access to the pool and beach. The pools and outside facilities are lovely and the staff managing this area were fabulous! The pools area and additions were beautiful and very luxurious. The fire pits and rocking chairs in the evenings were very relaxing. Loved the ability to have the pool and beach so close! The beach area was beautiful and had so much room and space for us to lounge and relax. We will be recommending the resort and return. The near future! Thank you, Omni, for making the very first visit to Hilton Head and fantastic one!

Room Tip: Choose the North Building! Great access to the beach and the pools!
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just stayed at the Omni with my family. Must say we had a wonderful stay. Everyone who worked there was very friendly with a hello and do you need help. Pool and beach areas were clean and had plenty of room. HH prime restaurant and the market store were great. We played golf 3 times and they had a shuttle for us in a matter of minutes. (thx Will you were great). Rooms were alittle dated but very clean and plenty of room with the kitchenette that came in handy.
Cons: Dont mind paying the $18 a day resort fee but i shouldnt have to pay for a lounge chair on the beach when their were always plenty available. Bartenders at the pool bar were friendly but to pay $10 for a frozen or mixed drink they need to put "some" alcohol in it. So the best advice for buying drinks at the pool bar is to only buy beer so you dont feel you were taken for $20 +tip for 2 drinks. The food at the bar was very good though and reasonable. Plenty of different restaurants outside of the complex were very good. Overall we would stay their again without a doubt

Room Tip: top floor is the quietest with or without a view
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We actually decided at the last minute to stop in Hilton Head. More curious to see what the area looked really!

Check in was fast! A little sales pitchy to join the their program but it wasn't aggressive. The room was clean and nicely manicured. Loved the little kitchenette area.

This room had cute little personal touches like a glow in the dark remote control and a 2nd sink outside the bathroom.

We had dinner at HH Prime and it was fabulous! I chose the salmon dish and it was perfect! The kids had grilled cheese sandwiches!

Overall guys, this one is a winner. The only weird aspect was the concrete or stucco walls in the hotel. Looks like caves but I got passed that.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!