“Wonderful Hotel, Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #10 of 26 hotels in Hilton Head
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Wonderful Hotel, Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My daughter and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn during our recent visit to Hilton Head. The rooms were extremely clean, the breakfast was great. Enjoyed having the pool and whirlpool to relax in. The hotel is located close to shopping, restaurants etc. The front desk staff were helpful in making wonderful suggestions. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The General Manager, Greg Burnes came out to speak with us to make sure we were enjoying our stay. Each staff member spoke to you when they passed you in the halls etc. Joni at the Front Desk was always helpful as was Megan the Director of Sales. Thank you for the wonderful stay to the entire staff. Looking forward to a return visit soon.

Room Tip: The beds are so so comfortable!

367 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
mt pleasant
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The room smelled like somebody had thrown up - a lot- and then it had been cleaned up and aobut a case of febreeze thrown over it instead of the carpet being properly cleaned. It was nauseating and made my eyes water and me wheeze and cough. By the time I figured out what the problem was I was already dressed for bed and so tired I just wanted to sleep and I was checking out early the next morning and a buisness partner had already told me the hotel had been overbooked that day so I didn't bother the staff about trying to move my room. The bathroom tub was large and it would have been lovely to have a bath but it looked too dirty to want to do that. Whatever unit (water/air?) was locked in the little closet in the room went on and off all night and it sounded like jet engines in the room. I got almost no sleep, I had to hunt down a zyrtec from a business partner the next morning and try and appear professional. Your lobby was pretty but I only had one suitcase so I carried it in to check in. Steps. The elevator didn't work so I had to carry it up the steps. The staff was super helpful at check in but I was told that when I left I might want to move my car to the underground parking and use another elevator to take my luggage down. How about you just fix the elevator in the lobby? I did choose the upgrade option when I checked in and if the suite hadn't been noisy and smelled gaggingly horrid and been dirty it would have been nice. I will say the inside of the fridge was clean as was the ironing board cover. Even with the upgrade when I checked out I would swear the rate was much higher than I agreed to with my online reservation. I remember thinking that but haven't checked in my computer yet. To be honest I came across your survey first in my email so answered it first. The best part about your hotel was the girl at check in. She was lovely to deal with and I saw her deal with a really grouchy man in front of me first and she handled herself beautifully. She gave me directions and answered all my questions and made sure to tell me that the internet could be tricky so if I had any problems to just call down and she'd walk me through it on the phone. I didn't have need of that but if I did I would have been grateful for it.

Room Tip: There was a breakfast available for $9.95 that I didn't eat but another person told me it was go...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Greg-Burnes B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
It is embarrassing when our guests have experiences that are less than our standard. Thank you for comments regarding your most recent stay at our property. The entire team recognizes the importance for each guest to be welcomed into a clean and friendly environment. It does not appear that was honored. Every room should have a neutral scent, not to disturb those with allergies. The team has been trained to address any foul smell using the proper cleaning methods including extracting the carpet when necessary. The two elevators intended to carry patrons and luggage both service all three floors as well as the garage, unlike the chair lift adjacent to the stairs which has been reported as too claustrophobic and slow. We are currently reviewing options to rectify that situation. Thank you for your concerns as well as addressing your observance of the desk member honoring the Hilton level of service. We welcome you to return and experience the service you are accustomed to receiving, and we are accustomed to giving during your next visit to Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head. Greg Burnes – General Manager greg.burnes@hilton.com
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stopped in Hilton Head on our way back from Florida. This is an excellent hotel. I did like the covered parking. We had the King suite and the living room was large. Also had a couch that made out into a bed. Room was spotless. Hotel is close to the bridge leading into Hilton Head Island.

Bangor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

A great place to stay, spotlessly clean outside and in. Nice breakfast lovely spacious room/studio bright and airy. Staff under the very attentive manager, Greg were just so friendly and helpful and I must mention Rita and Gabor who went out of their way to ensure we had an enjoyable stay. A nice again spotless little pool to cool off. I would highly recommend this hotel whatever the length of your stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We arrived late, around 11 pm, because of the delay in train service, were very tired. But the hotel staff took so great care of us that we felt like we came home. Great breakfast, fast taxi service, very clean rooms, all equipped with all one needs. Wonderfully comfortable bed! Thank you, guys6 and the best of luck!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Myrtle Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is before the bridge into Hilton Head but still not far from things. We were commuting between Hilton Head and Bluffton so the location was great for us. Clean rooms with a nice breakfast. Nothing fancy but the staff was nice and they had covered parking under the hotel. I felt like we received a good rate for the area and wifi was free.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Greg-Burnes B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at The Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head. It is our team goal to make your visit personal and enjoyable as possible. Comments such as yours help the team see the efforts they have made are paying off. We look forward to your future visits to the area. Greg Burnes -General Manager greg.burnes@hilton.com
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Loved this hotel. Visiting on Easter weekend, the hotel was full. The only problem was breakfast area was not prepared to handle the crowd. Otherwise, the hotel is clean and well maintained. Close to everything in Bluffton and just across the bridge from Hilton Head.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head? Share your experiences!