“Great hotel choice for Parris Island Marine graduation” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Nebraska
“Great hotel choice for Parris Island Marine graduation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We are SO happy with this hotel... we had a large family group in South Carolina for our daughter's graduation at Marine Corp Recruit Depot Parris Island. This hotel was perfectly located between Savannah and Parris Island, easy drive, with Hilton Head beaches and all amenities close by. The hotel is immaculate, super-comfortable, and has the friendliest and most helpful staff anywhere. Great breakfast and pool area as well. We looked at many choices in preparation for this trip, and are very happy with our decision to stay at this Hilton Garden Inn. Also note that this hotel offers a really fantastic rate for Marine families coming to graduation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Greg-Burnes B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
First of all, thank you for supporting your daughter in protecting our wonderful country. We are so happy that the accommodations at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head exceeded your expectations. We are located about 45 minutes from both Savannah and Paris Island which is very inviting to a lot of our guests who want to make a mini-vacation while celebrating the graduation of their newest Marine. We look forward to serving you and your family in the future. There is a lot to see in Hilton Head. Come and stay the week next time. Greg Burnes- General Manager greg.burnes@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had a very good stay here. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were great with eggs, French Toast, omelets, pancakes etc. cooked to order. Also available in serving pans were bacon, grits, biscuits and gravy. There were also a variety of self-service choices available for fruit, cereal, breads, muffins, bagels, waffles, milk (including nonfat), juices etc. The rooms were clean and reasonably spacious. The hotel was quiet. The lobby atmosphere was light and airy and pleasant. My only complaint was that it took me a while to figure out the heat in my room, and I was cold the first two nights. There were seemingly clear directions on how to operate the thermostat, but it was hard to figure out the relationship between that thermostat and the heating unit and fan on the exterior wall, which had its own dials. I'm not sure I ever figured it out, but I must have stumbled across the solution because I was warm the last two days.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is great, we stayed here last fall and it was no contest where to stay this spring, the service is fantastic especially at breakfast. The beds are adjustable, once you get the mattress setting dialed in it's like your bed at home.

The only thing of concern this visit was the internet access, the login changed from last fall, you are now prompted for your room number and last name, then you have to select a basic package or pay $4.95 to get faster speeds. I found the basic access usable but there were some peroids of extreme slowness. When we checked-in, the Assistant Manager who checked us in indicated that Gold Hilton Honors Members or above get this level of internet access free. I'm not sure if this is true for all Hilton Garden Inns but it is somethging that I will look at when/if I book at another Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Always get the Breakfast!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Everytime i come here, i receive the best welcome and always get great service throughout. The hotel is nice, minus the stairs you have to climb to get in (with your luggage). Always has hot water and the shower head keeps me coming back.

• Stayed March 2013
Greg-Burnes B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I am so thankful The Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head is one of your destination stops. On your next visit feel free to use the elevators located in the complimentary underground garage. It is a great alternative if you have more luggage then you wish to carry up the stairs. Thank you for the kind words regarding the service and cleanliness of the property. We look forward to having you back in the near future. Greg Burnes- General Manager greg.burnes@hilton.com
Fort Washington, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Most people write about the clean beds, no hair in bathrooms, great breakfast etc. What we fail to realize is that all these greats come from having great employees. We did a site visit and recieved outstanding service. The rooms were clean and breakfast was wonderful. Guest service exceptional. Want to give a shout out to Megan Gonzalez, very attentive and most importantly, quick in answering all emails. If you want a speedy response on all requests when booking, ask for Megan, you can see her smile while she is talking to you. Wish I had a Megan at all locations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Greg-Burnes B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
It takes a special person to take the time to report and celebrate someone else. For that I thank you. Anytime a team member at The Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head is positively recognized it brightens everybody's day. Megan's prompt and professional behavior is one of her many outstanding attributes as our Director of Sales. I am so happy that your experience was so memorable. We look forward to booking additional rooms for you in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to celebrate her services. Greg Burnes - General Manager greg.burnes@hilton.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is great. So clean and beds are very comfortable with the adjustments you can make. The service at breakfast was the best I've had a hotel. Our server Gabor was the nicest and most accommodating host. We looked forward to seeing and talking to him every morning. He should be promoted! The breakfast tasted great and it was an overall great stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Greg-Burnes B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We are so pleased that your stay at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head was such a wonderful experience. It is always exciting to hear the positive responses regarding our dial beds. Not all our guests are familiar with being able to adjust each side to their comfort level. Finally, thank you for taking the time to recognize Gabor. He is one of many "assets" working at the property. He recently joined the team and has made a great impact. Please feel free to contact me directly when visiting the island again. Greg Burnes- General Manager greg.burnes@hilton.com.
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked a smoking room through the Hilton Honors website. I specified in the online reservation that a smoking room was required. Upon arrival (with a confirmed reservation) I was informed that a smoking room was not available. No options were offered and I cancelled the reservation. If you don't want my business you should make it clear on your website. I spent an hour and a half looking for a property that placed value on accommodating guest preferences, fortunately I found a Holiday Inn Express that did so.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Greg-Burnes B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at Check-in at The Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head. It is through constructive criticisms such as yours myself and my team will be able to honor future guests such as yourself. Your courtesy of requesting a smoking room when making the reservation is greatly appreciated. I am sorry that same courtesy was not extended to you upon arrival. Please contact me directly when planning your next visit to Hilton Head as we would be honored to have you as our guest. Greg Burnes- General Manager greg.burnes@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head? Share your experiences!