“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 26 hotels in Hilton Head
SC
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The front end check in staff and managers were always nice, friendly, and eager to help - they were very professional. We were first checked into a room that was near all the meeting rooms and across from a room with the bathtub being refurbished that didn't smell good, so we requested a move. They were happy to move us to another floor. We had a nice room - we had no problems with it. They had a different bed than we were used to at the Hilton chain - this bed had dials so you could adjust the softness and hardness - I didn't mess with my side and it wasn't as comfortable as the usual beds, but I didn't really try to change it so can't say it was bad. The location is a little far from where we wanted to go in Hilton Head, but not bad for the price and we just didn't come back to the hotel as much as we would have had it been closer. Overall very happy with our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Steve C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind feedback about our hotel and my staff. I am very sorry about your first room location I am so glad we resolved this issue. Finding a bed that meets all needs is a big challenge in our industry. Our Sleep System adjustable bed is really is a nice compromise.
Thank you very much for staying with us and I hope you very much come back and visit. Please say hello I would enjoy meeting you.

312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Everything about this hotel was wonderful. We were greeted by two very friendly people - a great way to start our stay. Our room was beautiful - (and anyone who had ever read any of my reviews knows I am very fussy.) I expect a lot in terms of comfort. I go to a hotel to sleep - so I want three things: very clean, very comfortable, very quiet. Hilton Garden Inn at Hilton Head met expectations on all three counts. The room and bathroom were immaculate. I carry footies so that I don't have bare feet on a hotel room floor, and wear them almost all the time, but did not feel the need here - it was that clean. The mattresses were very comfortable. The pillows were great - and we had a variety to chooses from. And quiet!!! I didn't hear a thing until my alarm went off the next morning. I always ask for a quiet location as I am a light sleeper. I had not done so this time but clearly there was no need. We had turned off the fan once the room was cooled to our comfort level, and sometimes the fan is useful to mask other noises, so there was really no noise whatsoever - not from outside, not from the hall, not from next door. My daughter and I traveled cross-country and spent several nights in hotels. This was far and away the best find of the trip! I have been an HIE devotee for years, but I will try Hilton Garden Inn at other locations next time after our experience here. Finding the entrance is a little tricky - at least it seemed so for us in the dark and rain - but don't worry if you miss it. Just stay in the left lane, go ahead a little ways, and there will be a place to turn and go back.

Room Tip: Ask for room #100 - it was perfect
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear JWminnesota,
Thank you very much for taking your time with the response and to speak so highly of our hotel. You made my day I preach to my staff all we need to be is clean and friendly then the hotel will be successful. so I will pass on and praise my staff for doing there jobs so well.
I hope you come back and visit and please say hello.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was on the first floor, across from a conference/meeting room above the parking garage. The room was a little noisy and the AC did not really cool the room and was loud when it ran at night. I could hear doors opening and closing as well as those entering and leaving the conference room.

The shower needs to be redone. There was mold that the housekeeping had not bleached lately on the plastic walls - should have been tiled. Water pressure was decent, especially for a hotel. The vanity, granite, looked new. The toilet looked old and should be replaced. The pillows were horrible. I had to use six of them because they flattened like pancakes.

The staff at check in and checkout were nice, and smiled. They offered sundries which was a big help. The lobby looked clean and though I did not eat the breakfast, it looked okay for a hotel. The uniforms of the staff were very casual, and it fit for the location.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow(s).
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Steve C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Traveling Vixen
I am so sorry you found your bathroom unacceptable. I can assure you that is not the standard in our hotel. We work hard to make sure our housekeepers keep each and every guest room and bathroom clean; my apologies. I’ve worked with our maintenance team to make sure all of our air conditioning units are in full working order. We also would like to apologize for the noise issues and being placed by the meeting rooms.. I hope you consider staying with us again. We’d love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience ever.
Thank you for your feedback we learn so much from our guests.
843-837-8111
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family occupied rooms at this hotel, I was very satisified with service, complimentary coffee, and buffet breakfast was available (although short handed in wait staff.) The only downsides were: the pool was small, no protection from the extreme heat, and my air conditioner was so noisy (one night) could not sleep at all, thought I would have gotten some compensation for my inconviencem although they did replace next day. The front desk staff person Paul Dowaschinski was very helpful to myself and entire friendly at all times.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Steve C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Joy614,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with my staff and especially will recognize Paul for his great customer service.
Thanks again,
dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Nice boutique hotel with nice clean rooms. Ample parking space in front and behind the hotel.

The staff were helpful and the location is peaceful and quiet.

Will surely stay here again if I visit Hilton Head again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Naved26,
Thank you very much for the kind feedback on my hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in Hilton Head.
Thanks again,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here for 4 nights while on business. From check in to check out I had a GREAT stay. My room was very large and very clean. I am a Hilton Diamond member and this is one of my favorite HGI. The entire staff is excellent. The GM Steve is the nicest managers I have met. I would highly recommended this hotel to everyone. The location is also a plus. I would like to say Thank you to the entire staff at HGI Hilton Head for a terrific stay. Will definitely stay here again..

• Stayed July 2012
Steve C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Chris,
Thank you very much for the kind words about our hotel and I really appreciate the nice comments about myself.
I look forward to seeing you on your next visit and have a great weekend.
Athens, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Went to Hilton Head for a few nights with the wife and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. What a great location, room and value. We were close enough to everything but still far enough away from the "tourist trap" and terrible traffic. Nice pool and parking under building was nice. Did not get the breakfast package so cannot rate that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Georgia Traveller,
Thank you very much for the kind words about my hotel and our staff. Your feedback is very important to us.
I hope to see you on your next vist and have a great weekend.
Steve Cotton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head? Share your experiences!