“Two great stays” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Morrsiville
“Two great stays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

My wife and I have had two great stays at the Hilton Garden Inn. One was in March of 2012 for our one year anniversary. The service was excellent. When we got to our room it had two queen beds, so we went to the front desk they were very nice and switch to a king room which we booked. The second stay was for one night in May of 2012. The hotel is always clean. The only complaint that I would have from the May stay is that the room smelled like cigarette smoke. I don't completely fault the hotel for this because it is a non smoking property and they have renovated. I assume someone smoked in the room when they weren't supposed to and the hotel definitely tried to get rid of the smell. Overall, I completely recommend the hotel. It has a great location and an even better price for Hilton Head.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

At first we wondered what was wrong since the hotel was almost empty when we arrived. However the room was wonderful, quiet and clean to a tee. We figured it must have been because we stayed on a Sunday night on our way out of town. Next visit this will be our choice. Much less expensive than most other HH hotels.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Arrived in baking heat, struggling with 2 large suitcases - the staff oblivious (Is this the USA with great service?) No-one bothered to help or indeed point out that there was an underground car park with lift- so avoiding the heat and stairs was all possible. Nice room (junior suite). As on the second week of an intercontinental trip I was tired and hungry. Ah room service - no no no no no. This was a most dreadful experience. I was connected to a nearby restaurant. Loud music in the background as I tried to order. "No I can't tell you when your meal will be ready. I am not allowed to.." When it arrived (it consisted of a Hilton type tray and a plate onto which was placed a series of plastic boxes and bags) the food was of spectacularly low quality. Dreadful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Steve C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Traveller027,
Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking your time to give us some great feedback. I am very sorry for our staff not directing you to the underground parking elevator with direct access to the rooms. The front entrance way is built above sea level to prevent flooding of the hotel. We do try to keep our eyes up and try to assist guests with luggage. My apologies about the room service, this is catered by a local restaurant and I have discussed your issues with them. I hope you can give us another try in the future and feel free to contact me.
843-837-8111
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

False advertising of queen size beds
Otherwise very nice

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Limabax,
Thank you very much for providing feedback to our hotel. I am happy our service and the hotel met your needs. I very much apologize about your bed issues and next time we will put you in a King Bed.
I hope you will come back in the future and feel free to contact me with any other issues.
843-837-8111
West Monroe, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights while in town for a friend's wedding. The hotel is very clean, and the rooms were spacious enough. There is a nice deck outside the lobby area with couches and tables.

I saw some other reviews complain about the air conditioning, but I had no issues. Another reviewer complained about the bed. I wonder if they realized the mattress had a firmness control. I found that to be very convenient, and was able to make the bed as soft or as firm as I wanted.

The hotel is within walking distance of a gas station, so there's no need to be gouged by the hotel for drinks and snacks. A local pizza place (which is pretty good) also delivers to the hotel. Parking is under the hotel on the ground level. I found this convenient as well, because the elevator was located in the parking area, and it made for a short walk and elevator ride to my car from the room.

I had no real complaints from this hotel, other than the breakfast station appearing unattended even though there were 20 minutes left during the scheduled breakfast time. The lobby also has water and coffee available throughout the day, and alcoholic beverages (available for purchase) in the afternoon and evening.

As I noted in the title, this hotel is located just before the bridge to Hilton Head, and is very close to the outlet malls (and plenty of eating options) in Bluffton.

When I come back to this area, I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Nice area and hotel is the same, very comfortable. People very friendly and make you feel welcome. Hilton does a good jog with the Garden Inn.

Room Tip: 1stfloor is better as they have parking underneath.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Traveled to Savannah and was suppose to stay overnight, but we changed our minds and drove on to Hilton Head. This was a pop in stay with no reservation. Chose this hotel after looking at hotels.com on my phone. Reservation person was hard to understand, with a heavy dialect. But they were very friendly and connected us to the hotel for directions. We found the hotel easily. Outside was nice, as was the lobby. The room was very nice/clean, as was the bathroom. Loved the bath and body works products. The cons of this were: the A/C(seems like that is alot of peoples complaint too) it worked, but sporadically. It would get freezing cold, then hot and we had to keep turning it on. And it made a clicking noise when it ran. Con 2: the doors. Seems like everyone that left their room, the doors slammed very loudly behind them. This went on till well after midnight. Con 3: The bed was AWFUL. This had to be the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on. Honestly it felt like I slept on a concrete floor all night. There was a newspaper outside the door, but we left it. We were told our receipt would be slipped under our door in the morning, it wasnt. We inquired at the desk and the clerk said, "well since you prepaid, we didnt think you needed it", but did print us out one. No problem with parking, and we did run over to the gas station rather than shop in their "pantry"(only soda machines on floors, no snacks). I plan on going back to Hilton Head, but probably would not stay here. It's not near any of the horrible places I have stayed at, but not worth the price either.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Mstngpony68,
I am very sorry for the late response. Thank you for the nice feedback on my staff and our products. I am sorry for the issues you had at my hotel. The doors needs to close firmly for security issues, we have made some adjustments to make them quieter. I feel awful that we didn't explain our adjustable "Sleep System". The adjustments are on the sides and we should have explained that in the check in process.
We wish you would give us a try next time you're in Hilton Head and please ask for me and I will make sure your next stay goes better.
Steve Cotton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head? Share your experiences!