“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Lane Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added Park Lane Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Park Lane Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Park Lane, Hilton Head, SC 29928 (Formerly Residence Inn)   |
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Clean but dated room. We chose this hotel because it was pet friendly. However, for the $75 pet fee we could have stayed somewhere nicer and closer to the beach with our dog. We wouldn't book here again. The staff was nice and helpful though.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We booked this hotel on hotwire, and were a bit worried when we read the reviews. Maybe our expectations were low, but overall, we found this hotel to be better than expected. The rooms were large and clean and each had a full kitchen which was convenient. The breakfast provided was ok (milk, toast, juice, yogurt, cereal) and always had starbucks coffee brewing in the lobby. They had premium TV channels for free if you are into that kind of thing. Our internet connection was good and included. Given the prices of hotels in Hilton Head, this hotel was a good value and a good option for families. The location is a short drive to the beach, but you definitely should drive or bike. The overall location of the hotel is good as it is centrally located on HHI and a short drive to everything and Coligny Beach. This hotel is pretty consistent with their 3-star rating. The staff could be friendlier. When I first arrived, a woman at the desk said to me "I don't know how you were able to book a room, we are pretty full". That was a bit unsettling. Also, at the very end of our stay, we saw a large (dead) bug in our room. I think it was a cockroach. Overall, it was a decent place to sleep, and good value. The fact that is was quite clean redeemed it for us.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Where to start. Let me just say that part of our disgust with this place is the fact that we have called MULTIPLE times and no one has returned our calls to discuss the issues...one being, did anyone find my diamond stud earrings?? The earrings were in my jewelry carrying case prior to leaving the hotel that morning for a bike ride, breakfast & swim & then ultimately checking-out but when we arrived home they were gone. Perhaps someone found them?? Helpful if someone would call us back. Then, after cleaning service had just come, 2 enormous cockroaches were in the bathroom. We live in GA so we realize that cockroaches are very common; however, I expect the hotel to be treating for these nasty bugs. We treat our house & it is very rare that we find one inside. Lastly, the upstairs loft area is HOT!!! We couldn't even be up there until nightfall. All four of us were using the same bathroom downstairs to get ready. The a/c was blasting but to no avail. It was truly unbearable. Since moving to GA in the last few years, we have traveled to Hilton Head many times. This by far was the worst stay ever. And, Steve or Mary or whoever is the manager at Park Lane, when you decide to come back to work, because apparently you are out on most occasions, you owe my husband a phone call.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was a little nervous to stay here after reading some of the reviews, however, we had a really wonderful stay. Our room was much larger than expected, clean and recently renovated. The staff was friendly and the grounds were kept very presentable. I would absolutely stay here again.

Creedmoor, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I will start off by saying what I liked. The room with the loft was great because we were able to have some privacy from our 6 year old at night. We were told the hotel had recently been renovated, however we encountered quite a few issues: (1) the tub and bathroom sinks drained very slowly (2) the air conditioner vent upstairs did not flow air upstairs unless you closed the vent downstairs and (3) the room in the upstairs loft was very cramped. Note there are certain rooms blocked off for travelers who will be doing a tour with a timeshare versus regular rooms for travelers. We stayed in both, both rooms had roaches the regular room seemed to be maintained better by the hotel. If roaches creep you out don't stay here because you will definitely see them. My wife saw maintenance personnel carrying bug spray around with them. We came down here to do a timeshare tour I did see the reviews about the roaches and other problems with the hotel. Unless you are staying here to do a tour I wouldn't stay here. If you are trying to save some money, you may want to consider Park Lane Hotel & Suites.

You get what you pay for sometimes....

Canton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I really were impressed with the accommodations at the Park Lane Hotel. Although I was a bit concerned about reviews I had seen regarding roaches, we found the hotel to be quite clean and overall, regal and classy.

However, one early morning at 2:30 am, the fire alarm went off, causing an evacuation of our entire building. The alarm was deafening and could not be silenced until almost 4:00 am. We were not able to go back to sleep and therefore cancelled our plans the next day. It was announced by a man at the front desk that a partial refund for this inconvenience would be issued, but when I asked about this at the front desk, the young woman was so rude... she told me that if I had been at Walmart and the alarm had gone off, would I get my merchandise for free? That was a bad analogy, considering we had paid $120+ per night. She did not hold the power ultimately to make the decision but she demeaned me in front of other customers, furthering her point that I was undeserving of anything. She also said that our room had not been affected....???? and that we deserved nothing. Later, that same day, I heard another customer inquire about the same thing (as I was sitting in the business office) and she addressed him with the same rude and demeaning tone.

The manager has been out since the day we left (Thursday, July 3) through Monday July 7. I have not received a call back, and I will not accept this. My issue initially was the fire alarm, but the beyond rude customer service is totally unacceptable on any level. NO THANKS!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Park Lane Suites over the 4th of July weekend 2014. We had a very spacious and clean room with a full kitchen. The staff was friendly and helpful and we were able to bring our 2 Chihuahuas for only $75, which was much less than a kennel. The breakfast was basic, but they had good Starbucks coffee all day. It only took us about 5 minutes to drive to Burke's Beach which had free parking, even on the 4th. If you ask for the loft rooms, they are even more roomy and have a private sleeping area in the loft. It's not a fancy hotel, but if you are looking for somewhere for a reasonable family vacation where you have a full refrigerator and stove, this is the best we've found on Hilton Head.

Room Tip: Ask for the loft room!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Park Lane Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!