“Great value great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Lane Hotel and Suites

You added Park Lane Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Park Lane Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Park Lane, Hilton Head, SC 29928 (Formerly Residence Inn)   |
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Hilton Head
Harriman, Tennessee
“Great value great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Comfortable beds
Great area to walk dogs
Nice lobby
Great coffee
Nice pool area, quaint seating areas
Friendly staff
Easy bike ride to Coligny Beach
WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed November 2013
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thanks for the great review. I love it....short, sweet and to the point! Your review reminds me of a wishlist for Christmas and you got everything you wanted! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Cedar Key, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

A week ago we stayed at the Park Lane Hotel & Suites in Hilton Head and experienced really terrific customer service during a crisis. The fire alarms in the rooms went off at 2:30 AM and continued for quite some time. There was flooding in the hallway and the police and fire department arrived. Don't know what happened but do know that the young man who was on duty early that morning was very responsive. He gave us a new room upon asking, in the midst of a lot of chaos and so we had a place to sleep by 4:00 AM. When we realized that our second room didn't have water when we got up around 7:00 AM, we called the front desk only to find out that someone on the staff was on her way to us and others with keys to rooms in a second building. We know that all of this was good business but in an age where we tend to frequently experience and expect less, we were pleasantly pleased at how wonderful everyone on the staff at this hotel treated us. We spent three nights at the Park Lane and found the accommodations and continental breakfast very good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
The staff at the Park Lane sincerely appreciate your comments regarding their service in times of duress as well as quiet times! That was an extremely busy time with the fire alarms but our staff were champions once again. We hope to see you soon!
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Several complaints but one specifically that made my vacation hell. They promise fiber optics high speed WIFI, which is how they justify an additional $9.50 a day "resort fee". I know of NO fiber optic internet below the speed of 40 Mbps. This PROMISE was the reason I chose to purchase and vacation here. The speed I found was .05 to .07 Mbps download. That is barely (a smidgeon) above dial up speed. The slowest DSL internet I know of is 7Mbps. My home internet runs at 50 Mbps. I tried my laptop, my pad, my cell phone. I tried each level walking up and down the hallways. NOTHING. I could not connect to my work. I could not use Gotomypc, I could not stream videos, I could not even make a WIFI call. I could barley check my email. This was a working vacation and I spent an enormous time running around the island looking for hot spots to get my work done. Every day I complained and every day they said "someone" will call about fixing it. And I was not alone, during the week I heard and spoke with several gusets who were having the same horrible experience with the WIFI.
ALSO:
The microwave was unplugged and dead. They said so sorry they would order a part. If I needed microwave I should come on down to the lobby EVERY TIME and use that one????? REALLY? The roof back door (emergency door) was broken and would not lock. The hot water downstairs did not work (the only thing they fixed). They are a pet friendly hotel (no mention of that ahead of time) and had LOUD barking dogs in some rooms with CONSTANT barking. My room smelled of dog! The rooms were tired, broken, in need of paint, carpet, TV's were old and blurry. The balcony had only one chair. When I asked for another for my wife the clerk suggested I go steal a balcony chair from a ground story unit. WHAT!!!! Really????

Run from this place and go anywhere else.

Room Tip: Look at the room and check EVERYTHING including your internet speed before checking in. Pray for no...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our daughter got married in Hilton Head last weekend, and all the out of town guests stayed here. It was perfect. Balcony's to see the beauty of HHI, kitchens in every room, Fireplace, too! Not a restaurant on site, but Nicks is walking distance, across the parking lot, and is amazing.
They were so accommodating, there were a LOT of us, and they discounted the rooms for all. They do allow pets, which is so nice, They have a beautiful pool area, and it has a covered area with a huge comfy sectional in it we all could gather in, which was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Our congratulations to your daughter and your family. Hilton Head is a fantastic destination for a wedding or any special event. How about celebrating their anniversary with us next year and repeating your great stay? Just give us a call and we'll make it happen.
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

great mid island location, close to the beach but not in the congested south end. clean roooms and great ammenities. the air conditioning was a little iffy but the did change rooms for us with no questions asked

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your positive response to your stay with us. We love our location for the same reasons you mentioned. I apologize for the air conditioning problem but am happy our staff was able to make you comfortable. Come back soon!
Marietta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had the pleasure staying at Park Lane Hotel and Suites for 8 weeks. It was amazing. The staff from the time I walked into the front office to register until the time I left. The room was SPOTLESS and had all the accomadations to make my stay confortable. The pool was amazing to relax at the end of the day. Easy location to get to all the restarurants and sites to visit. I would like to comment on management for having such a great team. I know where I will stay next year and recommend the hotel to all people I come in contact with.

So peeps, pack up your bags and head to Hilton Head Island for the Motoring Festival and stay at the Park Lane Hotel and Suites!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review. I hope travelers take your advice and visit us for the Motoring Festival....it's a great time. We look forward to seeing you next year...unless you can't stay away and come back sooner!
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

First of all, make sure you know that this "resort" is owned by Coral Resorts. By staying here you grant them permission to call you to request a timeshare showing. You of course can decline. The units have been "updated", so new counters, appliances, tile, etc. The bathrooms are tiny, so not much could be done there. Yes, the door key cards are a real pain in the butt, but you will eventually get in. They really need to replace the locks.

Our air conditioner unit was filthy and almost clogged with dirt/dust. I requested it be cleaned before the next people use the room - I didn't want the dust in my room after they cleaned it. Lighting is poor and could use updating. There is no longer dressers in the room - not that you need it for your 3 day "free" stay. The dishwasher was not attached to the cabinets/countertop.

The pool and hottub were nice - no complaints there. The breakfast was decent, but we ate in our room with stuff we brought.

There was a huge pothole in parking lot B and a stairwell door that was broken and therefore anyone could walk into the hotel.

In summary, $355 for 3 days isn't a bad deal for what you get.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Although we appreciate your review you are very wrong about the ownership of the Park Lane. We are a Condo-Hotel. Each unit is individually owned and therefore not owned by Coral Resorts. You were staying here as part of your package for agreeing to take a timeshare tour and your reservation was made through a separate company and not the Park Lane. Actually I am concerned about you receiving phone calls from outsiders requesting that you take a timeshare tour. That behavior is not allowed and I will be looking into that matter.
I agree that the keys and locks have been a huge "pain" for everyone but am happy to report that "better" quality keys have been ordered and have the instruments to clean the locks which is the source of the problem.
Again your mention of a stairwell door not working is of concern just for the reason you mentioned. Did you report it as broken? I have checked all the outside doors and was happy to find that all doors are secure.... The amount of your stay was not charged by the Park Lane and is strictly between you and the outside company you made your arrangements with.

Been to Park Lane Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!