“Very Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Lane Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added Park Lane Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Park Lane Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Park Lane, Hilton Head, SC 29928 (Formerly Residence Inn)   |
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Prior to staying at this hotel (but AFTER booking it) we read several reviews that included the horrors of local wildlife (marsh rats) and insects (roaches) as well as rude staff. I'm happy to say, aside from the cameo appearance of a single palmetto bug, we encountered none of the above. We stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed the entire stay. Plumbing, paint, carpet (in a pet friendly room, even), kitchen, lights, TVs, beds (hide-away, with its ever-present bad-night's-sleep-metal-bar was even surprisingly comfortable), a/c, locks, appliances - all worked well. There wasn't a lot of noise to keep us awake. We did stay in a lofted suite on the 3rd floor so that was probably helpful in the lack of noise category. Parking was adequate. We left our Do Not Disturb sign on our door the entire time and, as far as we know, the staff honored it. Never tried the breakfast so I can't comment on that other than I wish it stayed open until around 1 in the afternoon, when we actually would be awake and out the door! ;-) We were called once about a presentation we could attend but we politely declined and we were bothered no more about it. Perhaps the reason our stay was so great, noise- and crowd-wise - was because it was the weekend prior to Memorial Day and there weren't as many folks in HH as would be during the peak season? Regardless, we had a great time and a great stay at this hotel! Thanks for all the amenities AND allowing us to bring our dog along!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We like nothing better than hearing you had a great time and a great stay! Does that mean we will see you again this Fall perhaps? We hope so.....it's a great time to spend on the Island! Don't hesitate to call if we can help you with your plans!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Encinitas, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This hotel would be rated higher if they had been honest about their services. They added a $9.50/day "facility fee" to cover items that were listed as free services in the AAA guide book. These included the TV and cable, breakfast, high speed internet and pool use. Besides the fact that these are normal services at most hotels they were not even high quality. The breakfast was the worst of the five hotels we have stayed at on this trip. Barely adequate. The hotel itself was nicely located and everyone seemed pleasant but they also wanted to give you a sales pitch in the evening (for which they would compensate you).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

For $140/night you would think the bathroom would be big enough to stand at the toilet and shut the door at the same time. Also, we left up the do not disturb and the maids still came in and touched our stuff. Also the bathroom door wad falling apart as were the running boards in the kitchen. We also had the a/c set to 60, but it was never that cool in the room. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I recently enjoyed 2 nights in loft accomodation at this hotel. We checked out Sunday and reached Charleston where I realized I had left a drawer full of clothing in our loft! From the front desk staff that day to the head housekeeper, Erica,who phoned me in Canada the next morning, I was impressed by the staff professionalism and concern. Erica advised me how they normally deal with these incidents, took my information and had their courier company contact me with the cost before shipping. We left Charleston Monday morning and I received the courier package with all my things Thursday ! I am very appreciative and will recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Hilton Head.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Thanks to a groupon, we had the chance to stay at Park Lane. Making a reservation was quick and easy and when I needed to make a change, they were so accommodating. They were also pet friendly, which was a major plus and allowed my small dog to make the trip with me. The property was perfectly located near Coliginy for eating and the beach. We rented bikes and biked all over the island with ease. The rooms were spacious and the full fridge and kitchenette was perfect. The staff was wonderful - always available to help with a smile. I was so impressed and will be back. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three days toward the end of April. It was a cheap rate through Hotels.com so I decided to give it a try. Well, it was just like the old saying, "You get what you pay for." First, the rooms are furnished with decor from the late 1980s. The bed comforter and couch had a musty smell and I felt nasty just touching them. The balcony was covered in dirt and spider webs. The bathroom was one of the smallest I have ever seen. The plastic shower curtain was so old and worn that it would not slide unless you pulled hard on it. I have seen on other reviews that there were complaints of roaches and the hotel said these were not roaches. I have traveled through out the low country and have seen "Japanese Beetles." With that being said, I saw one of the largest roaches in my room (and I am 100% sure it wasn't a beetle). The only ok part was the pool, which was a bit on the small side. If you are looking at similarly priced hotels, pass on this one! You will be thankful.

• Stayed April 2013
LindseyG696
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I was all set to give this hotel a decent review. The hotel itself isn't bad aside from needing some new furnishings. The staff however was AWFUL!!!!! First of all we had a sudden LOUD noise come from behind a locked door in our room at about 1:00 a.m. I called the front desk only to be told that maintenance leaves at 11 p.m. so there's nothing they could do. I could switch rooms or deal with it. Nice huh? Especially considering the noise could have been something dangerous!!! Then we go to checkout. We asked for a receipt so that my husband, who was in town for business, could submit it to his company. The hotel told me I couldn't have one because I booked through Hotels.com. No receipt. At all. Just a receipt for their $9.50 plus tax per day resort fee so you can have "free" wifi. I have booked through every travel website out there at multiple hotels, both small and large chains, and I have NEVER had a problem getting a receipt!!! I realize I can get a summary of costs through the website but this is not what I needed and there should not have been a problem. But instead I was VERY RUDELY told they could do nothing for me by the same guy who VERY RUDELY told me the maintenance issue was my problem!!! He even went so far as to try to call another hotel to prove me wrong!!!! I then asked for the owner/manager's number and was given a card. I called the number which turned out to be the front desk!!!! NEVER again will I stay at the Park Lane and good luck to those who risk it!!!!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Park Lane Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!