“One of the nicest but hottest places we have been in America!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Hilton Head
England
“One of the nicest but hottest places we have been in America!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2006

H H is a charming place with lovely people and the hotel staff is no exception. Lovely at the beach/pool but problems with both. Pool very busy and hard to get a seat until after 5pm, the beach needed chair/umbrella reservations which were over $150 for 3 people for 5 days! Only one resturant at the hotel. Very slow but tasty. Rooms were fine. Extreamly hot and humid by the beach/pool. We had to go up to the room at 2pm because it was boiling!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

After reading the bad feedback on this hotel I was worried to book it. But the place was beautiful!!! We had no problems at all. The only bad thing I can see is the seating at the pool. There were alot of chairs but most were taken. You could still find them though farther in the back. Other then that the place was great! We bought ours thru priceline.com and had a great deal at $100 a night! We were surprised! The room was wonderful, the bedding was great, comfy and clean. The balcony overlooked the parking lot so Im sure the ocean view rooms were better that way but for the price I was happy to even have a window! I had a great time and would go back. Didnt eat at any of the restaurants though. The beach was beautiful! Make sure to wake up before 6am to get some great pictures of the sunrise! Lots of dolphins also but we saw more in the Sea Pines area (about a 5 minute drive). The bike trails at the Marriott resort were awesome and you could ride for miles and miles on the island and even when its hot out its very shadeded from all the huge beautiful trees. The hotel had awesome grounds....set up nice and right on the beach. I would stay here again for sure. AWESOME!!!

Stayed June 2006
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

My husband and two kids and I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of June. As the other reviews said, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the little grocery with the Starbucks coffee in the morning was nice. Overall, though, it was just an OK hotel. It is billed as a "resort" but except for the nice lobby and concierge and store, it was basically just a hotel. The pool was big and nice but always very crowded and the food at the little restaurant by the pool was very high for what you got. The room was OK; no fridge or microwave in it although they did bring us a portable fridge when we arrived for my 18 month old's milk. Maid service was spotty; they didn't come til 5 one day. I wouldn't recommend a regular room for anyone with kids. We got a noise complaint one morning at 7:15 because our kids were "too loud" and I guess the room next door could hear them through the wall. The one bright side was that we only paid $149 per night by bidding at priceline[--] so we didn't break the bank. Also, if you go on their Marriott timeshare visit, you get coupons that you can use for any charges at the hotel which was great.
If we return to Hilton Head though, we will definitely stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2006
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

Me and two of my friends stayed at this hotel in Feb 06, we came down to watch one of our good friends graduate from the Marine Corp. After driving for 15 hours leaving Michigan at 11pm, we were meet by a friendly staff who was willing to help. They even gave us a discount upon checkin,. The room as spacious and comfortable, the amenities were unbelievable and the beach was stunning. Some drawbacks though, internet is not free, business center is not free, that seemed a little strange to me. Overall very nice hotel, wish i could have stayed longer.

• Stayed February 2006
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

We just got back from a 4 night stay, Memorial Day weekend. We are in our early 30's and we travelled with our 2.5 year old son. We travel extensively and my husband travels nationwide each week for business. With that being said, we had a great time! I was a little leary with all the reviews I read before going, but our stay couldn't have been nicer. We went there on the "timeshare" route, where we stayed here but went to the Marriott SurfWatch to hear the pitch on their Timeshare. We then decided to extend our stay by one night and got it through priceline for $110. What a deal! We didn't even have to move rooms! The pool is fantastic, although you did have to save a seat to get one under the umbrella. I am 8 months pregnant so this was important to me. We had an oceanside view room and the view was fantastic. The hotel is clean and the staff is super friendly. I did read that it had been renovated last year, and if so, you have nothing to worry! I requested a refrigerator for my room, it wasn't there but upon mentioning it, it was in my room in less than 5 minutes. Perfect for keeping drinks and other goodies for us and my son. First class service! We had the best housekeeper. It was a busy weekend, but nothing crazy. The poolside service is great. Fast and yummy! We rented the chairs and umbrellas on the beach a real plus. We did it on our first morning there and we got one of the last umbrella/chairs. We ordered room service for breakfast our last morning there and regret not doing it other mornings. The food was yummy and the service was fast! I would definitly come back again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2006
Sandwich, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2006

We stayed at the marriott during spring break in April. All the staff were friendly and no problems with our room. However the place was extremely understaffed. We ate at the lounge there because the outside bar closes at 5pm! The lounge had 2 waitresses and was packed! The pool area was mobbed and there is no signs or staff to keep up with the chairs that are left with towels etc. for people to claim for the day. Several area hotels have signs stating not to leave unattended. The beach in front of the hotel was littered with cups and garbage. There was an ice cream or some kind of white food in the pool and when my son reported it he was told "thank you for letting me know" yet noone cleaned it up. When my youngest got sick in the bathroom in our room, it took 1 hour and 5 phone calls and a trip to the front desk before anyone would come to our assist to clean up. I had cleaned it up myself and wanted something to disinfect. I left the towels out for whoever comes to clean and they were still there the next morning when we checked out. I got "I'm very sorry and this was not acceptable" Oh and bonus they gave us a marriott teddy bear for our troubles. I think the Holiday Inn in Coligany Circle looked better. Not as elegant but great location and cheaper. This place was definately not worth the money spent. You can't skimp on staff, especially during spring break!!! We submitted our complaint to marriotts customer service and no reply yet. Big Surprise!!

• Stayed April 2006
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2006

Excellent hotel- it has everything you could wish for. The beach is amazing, staff are helpful and friendly and the food was awesome. I would definetly return there again. Couldn't recommend it more. Hilton Head is a fantastic place to vacation.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!