Let me start by contrasting this resort with the other ocean front resorts on the Island. The main building is 10 storys high as it was built before the town wisely legislated a 5 story max height on buildings thus saving HHI from the fate of Miami Beach. Also it is genuinely ocean front, there being nothing between the main building and the beach other than two large swimming pools. Some visitors prefer this to the large set back with landscaped lagoons provided by the Westin, Omni and Sonesta.
Our check in was brisk and efficient. We were refused an upgrade (we were using points) although there were unoccupied ocean view rooms. You would think Marriott would put it together that clients with large point accumulations and two paid stays in the last month might be worth spoiling. Anyhow, we did get a high floor room with a resort (aka parking lot) view.
The room was large as was the bathroom with two decent sized closets and plush bath robes. Unfortunately, some of the furniture, the phone and the TV remote were contaminated with food residue of some sort. The shampoo, conditioner and lotions had obviously been used. The staff quckly put all this to rights blaming newly hired and not yet fully trained seasonal staff.
The provison of TV channels was the most compehensive yet experienced on HHI.
The weather ws not conducive to using the outdoor pools. The indoor pool was nice but a tad small for lap swimming.
Our first nigh was sleepless owing to a totally shot mattress. You could push down on it with one finger and reach the box spring with zero difficulty. The hotel replaced it the next morning.
The hotel is due for a refurb in the fall, following similar measures at the other resorts. Should be interesting and maybe they will get back to Marriott's usually high standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A corporate-style hotel where the majority of guests are there for business - many with children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Head Marriott Hotel Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Hilton Head