We just returned, after checking out early, from the Hilton Head Marriott. Here's a listing of specifics:
Valet - Valet is $18 per day plus tax. That's par for the course and a price we expected to pay. The problem came with the valet attendants. Wow, are they tip hungry. As soon as your car is brought up, they're looking at your hand for money. If the money isn't readily visible, be prepared for a lengthy conversation until cash exchanges hands.
Employees - The people are friendly, to a fault. They'll all using the new norm of EXCESSIVE formality - something you'd hear from a call center employee. While this isn't really a complaint, it needs to be toned down. It comes across as really fake.
The Room - It's apparent that this place is in major need of an update. It seems that the furniture/curtains/carpet haven't received an update since the late 1990s. The furniture is worn, the carpet is showing wear, and there's a lack of a functional desk/chair. So, it's difficult to accomplish any type of work comfortably. The bathroom seems as if it may have received a refresh somewhat recently. That said, the lighting was poor and the shower had weak water pressure.
Noise levels - I swear the room above us was moving furniture the entire night. All we heard were chairs scooting across the floor the whole night. We could also hear the rooms next door very well. We could also hear all movement and conversations in the hall. This place is LOUD. Don't expect a peaceful stay.
The pool/beach - This is the saving grace of this hotel. The pool is a great size with an awesome deck. The beach is large and clean. Unfortunately the weather was cool so we couldn't enjoy the beach, but I could imagine it's a great place to be in the summer.
Will we return? To Hilton Head, yes. To this hotel, no - unless it receives a major refresh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A corporate-style hotel where the majority of guests are there for business - many with children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Head Marriott Hotel Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Hilton Head