“worst hotel ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Hilton Head

You added Days Inn Hilton Head to your Saves list
Days Inn Hilton Head
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Marina Side Drive, Hilton Head, SC 29928 (Formerly Fairfield Inn)   |
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Hilton Head
Edwardsville, IL
“worst hotel ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2007

Awful hotel--smelled really bad. Dirty. Would never stay here again.

Stayed August 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
redmond
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

Stayed there for 45 mins after being placed there with a time share presentation that we were given that got us to SC. Roaches on elevator, stains on beds, first check in there was someone else in our roo, sheets had stains, and bathroom had human waste on the wall near the toilet. Left out the hotel and went to the marriott the same night.

Stayed July 2007
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2007

We are getting married in HHI, and needed to do some last min planning and stay somewhere inexpensive-Should have slept in my car! Outside of hotel looked ok, but once inside diff story! room stunk like must and mold, had to keep window open to air it out. Carpet old
and nasty, bathroom outdated and gross, I was scared to touch anything in the room including the tv and walls which were dirty and old. Ceiling stained, bed linens awful-felt like cardboard and looked
like they were from walmart. Beds creaky and gross, room damp and uncomfortable. Halls loud and guest quality not so great. Seems like it attracted trailer trash... mean but the truth! Vending machines broken, I was scared to try the 'free breakfast' judging by the cleanliness of this dump. We left a day early. Needs a serious room renovation-Should have stayed down the road where our wedding guest have room blocks for the same price!!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oxford, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2007

Our experience was nothing like the previous negative reviews. This property has recently undergone renovations from a Fairfield Inn to a Days Inn. Our room was clean, King Non Smoking, had obvious new carpeting, and new shower stall area in the bathroom. The buffet breakfast was pleasant and well presented. We would stay at this property again, and would not hesitate in recommending it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Refrigerator in room was not in good location, blocking access to one side of the bed
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2006

Exterior looked nice..... That's the only good thing there. The inside was worn down, carpets had stains in front of every door, and rooms had cracks throughout the walls. Bathrooms were disgusting, shower curtain rods were falling off the wall, musky smell throughout the building, and COCKROACHES EVERYWHERE! Did i mention that there were COCKROACHES EVERYWHERE. The lady even said that the place was infested with COCKROACHES!!!!!! Gross... I wouldn't stay here again even if you paid me.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — the cockroaches
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
widnes england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2006

When we arrived on Hilton Head Island we stopped at the Tourist Information Centre and we were given the choice of the Comfort Inn or the Days Inn, both were the same price the Comfort Inn is nearer the beach, but the Days Inn had a suite for $100. As there was 3 of us we chose the Days Inn and were not disappointed. The suite consisted of 2 rooms, one with 2 beds and the other a sofa and arm chair, large TV, dining table, microwave and sink. We overlooked the small pool area so we had a nice view. The hotel also had a small gym and laundry room which we used. The breakfast was adequate to start the day but the only let down was the member of staff who topped up the breakfast bar she was really miserable. The Hilton Head diner is only a 2 minute walk away and the food is very good and reasonably priced.
To sum up we had a lovely stay in a really nice hotel. Hilton Head Island is gorgeous and a must is to hire a bycicle as it is so easy to ride around the island and great fun.

• Liked — The room and convenience
  • Disliked — Miserable staff in breakfast room
  • Tips/Secrets — Hilton Head Diner is brilliant/bycicle a must
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

We had the dirtiest room I had ever been in. There were stains all over the bed spread, the toilet was broken, there was a huge roach in the bathtub, the wallpaper was torn and dirty, our non-smoking room was obviously for chain smokers only, the furniture was old and torn, etc. We arrived around 1:00am and had to leave at 7:00am so decided to deal with it instead of wasting valuable sleep time changing rooms. The next morning we told the front desk how disappointed we were and the woman took half off the bill leaving us $44 to pay. This was fine with us but when we recieved our credit card statement the full amount of $88 dollars was charged to our account. We called and were told to fax our $44 bill and copy of credit card statement and they would handle it. I called again and left messages for the manager, Sheila Washington, several times and no one ever returned my call or refunded my money. Finally I found the number to the Days Inn corporate office and explained my situation to Kayla. She said Mrs Washington would handle the situation within 7 business days. Well, one month later after not hearing from Mrs Washington I called the corporate office AGAIN and spoke with Brian this time. He was very rude and said he would issue me a credit with Days Inn! I yelled before he hung up the phone on me that I would never be staying with Days Inn again and just wanted my money back. I just wanted to pay the amount that I originally agreed to on my credit card receipt. He then said "fine I'll give you a check" and hung up on me. It took 7 months to resolve this issue.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Hilton Head? Share your experiences!