“Destination wedding weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Baltimore, Maryland
“Destination wedding weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I'm a start by saying the entire resort staff was very very kind and good a special shout out and thank you to my housekeeper Krishonda. My room was spacious with a slight view of the ocean. I liked it because it was probably quieter than being oceanfront right outside the Tiki hut.

The Tiki Hut had very good live music daily. It is loud it is crowded and it is a local hotspot to go to and to watch volleyball. The room definitely needs an upgrade especially the bathroom and a space where the refrigerator was in was in disrepair. I hear that next spring there will be a renovation to the rooms.The wireless worked very good in the hotel.

Again thank you for a lovely stay in a very friendly staff.

Stayed May 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I spent 3 days and 2 nights at the Beach House Resort for a quick weekend retreat. The Beach House is a standard hotel that I found to be clean and comfortable with a great staff. My opinion is that it isn't a "resort" in the true sense of things you'd normally find in a resort (e.g. spa). But, this wasn't a deal breaker for me because I'd scheduled a massage at a spa in the area. The hotel does have a nice, resort style pool and poolside bar with live music. In my standard king room, the beds and bedding were of good quality. The mattress type was firm. If you prefer a plush type mattress, this could take some adjusting to. Although clean, I did feel the bathroom could use a refresh. I found the WIFI to be reliable.

What makes this hotel special is the location. It definitely puts the "beach" in beach access. It is right on the beach. Once you exit the rear of the hotel and walk past the pool, you're on the beach. Not only that, it is a 3 minute walk to the shops at Coligny Plaza. There are a ton of quality restaurants and great shopping located at Coligny. When staying at the Beach House Resort, you definitely have no reason to drive as everything is within walking distance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
everett, ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I went to the Beach House to celelebrate our 40th wedding anniversary but were disappointed in the resort. I don't feel it should be called a resort because it really doesn't even have a lobby to sit in. Also beware if you get the oceanfront room because you will not be hearing the sounds of ocean but the music from bar which is right under the oceanfront rooms. I am sure there are people who would love to hear the music from the room so it's really just a matter of preference. The service was nice and the rooms clean. The breakfast buffet is expensive for what you get which is just a little more than the Hampton Inn's free breakfast. Also, our waitress neglected to let us know that you could offer off the menu. I would not go back.

Room Tip: If you like quiet dont get an oceanfront room because of the tiki bar
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Our room was very small and only had one chair so it was hard to relax there. Also hindering relaxation was the water on the bathroom floor that a repairman came to fix three times. Eventually he fixed the toilet with some kind of chemical that immediately gave me a huge headache. At that point, we asked to switch rooms. We did get a bigger room, but the toilet there was a problem too. Although parts of the hotel seemed renovated, the carpets seemed old, worn and not the cleanest. They did give us a free breakfast to make up for the other things, but I will not return.

Room Tip: Ask how many chairs the room has if it's important to you.
Demorest, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I will lead with the hotel is beautifully decorated and styled. The pool was also very very nice. I loved how the pool area is secured by room key. The bar is in walking distance to the pool and hotel. The live music was nice. The room had a kureig which was nice and an iPhone dock for an older iphone... So we couldn't use it. The room walls were paper thin, and it was literally the loudest housekeeping staff I've ever encountered. It woke me up at 7:15 am, as they were having a conversation with a guest outside my room door. The elevator is sketchy slow. My husband and I left a 10 floor hotel on vacation and stopped here on the way home, and the 10 floor hotel's elevator was no joke 5x's faster. We had to pay a resort fee for pool use, but the pool closed at sunset so we didn't get to use it. Lastly, there was some plumbing issues as our sink was very slow to drain, and (TMI) pee had to be flushed TWICE to go down... The hotel was okay, but I don't see paying the rates they have posted. I'd probably be more upset if I didn't get like half off through hotels.com.

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Can't beat the price this time of the year to be right on the beach too! Rooms comfortable and clean. Everything you need right here to enjoy the sun and surf. We didn't get a room with an ocean view but who stays in their room long with the surf just feet away?

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Brittny E, Guest Relations Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Peg K,

Thanks for the great feedback! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Beach House. I have to agree with you, our location and ocean front views cannot be beat! We definitely look forward to your next visit!

Brittny, Guest Services
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a great relaxing stay here. The staff was very friendly and professional. We arrived three hours early and the receptionist, Fabrianna, was great. She was very professional and accommodating and got us into a room. The tiki bars had live bands everyday and the beach was literally just steps away from the resort. I will definitely be returning to this place.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach House Resort? Share your experiences!