“Loved it!! ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach House Resort

Save Saved
You added Beach House Resort to your Saves list
Beach House Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 South Forest Beach Drive, Hilton Head, SC 29928 (Formerly The Beach House, a Holiday Inn Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a Free Night!
Ranked #12 of 26 hotels in Hilton Head
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it!! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We spent a couple of nights there and absolutely loved it! The rooms are lovely, spacious enough and of good quality, the staff very nice and the food in the restaurant absolutely delicious!! Great for children too as lovely swimming pool by the beach... Highly recommended!

Stayed April 2014

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I spent three nights at The Beach House. The carpet in the hallway is beige and shows a lot of dirt and wear. Once we entered our room we noticed it was very hot. We adjusted the thermostat on the, very old, air conditioner and got into bed. Suffice to say it never cooled off!

The second night we called the front desk and they sent two maintenance guys to our room. The guys did what they could and removed the filters to clean...they were gross and it was disgusting to think we were breathing in air that passed through them.

The carpet in our room was dirty and the bathroom was in need of help.

On the positive side, the location is good and they have bikes to rent at the front desk. The restaurant, The Porch, has great bbq. The tiki bar was fun.

For a little bit more $ go down the beach to the Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Tiki bar...could be loud. Ask if the air conditioner is new.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Miranda,
We are very sorry that you were disappointed in your recent stay with us. We are continually striving to improve, and your comments are invaluable in our reaching that goal, thank you. We will take all your thoughts into careful consideration. We hope to see you again in the future; we are confident we can wow you with our improvements.
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We booked this hotel based on the reviews here and elsewhere regarding the accommodations - extremely misleading! The hotel was not clean - stains on carpets, and bathrooms that appeared to have been barely wiped down. The room did not have any humidity control and was like sleeping in a rain forest. It felt more like a spring break flop house than a family hotel. Would not recommend!!

• Stayed April 2014
We strive to always offer a wonderful experience for all our guests, and we are very sorry that we did not meet that goal for you. We would love for you to reach out to us personally at jeff.elseser@thebeachhousehhi.com. We look forward to hearing from you and the opportunity to make things right.
Sylva, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Should you wish to spend your entire visit right at the resort, there is plenty to do with the ocean at your door, an extra large pool, wonderful restaurant serving three meals a day, tiki bar on the beach, live entertainment, a fire pit and beautiful stretch of white sandy beach.

Should you wish to venture off the property, shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance and bikes are available. We had a lovely time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Antoinette,
Thank you for the fantastic review; you’ve made our day! We are very happy that you loved all our great amenities and wonderful location. We hope to see you again when you next want to enjoy some beach time fun.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Awesome place to stay. Pool area was wonderful with the Tiki bar and cafe. The pool is huge and Tiki cafe is in the middle. Staff very friendly and helpful. Within walking distance of many, many restaurants and shops.
Would stay again in a heartbeat.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for the fantastic review; you’ve made our day! It is great to hear that our staff took excellent care of you and that you loved our amenities. We can’t wait to see you again.
Pickerington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We felt we were in paradise at The Beach House! We took advantage of all amenities and can't wait to return. The breakfast buffet was phenomenal and the pool so pristine. WOW! Everyone with the hotel was so professional and willing to answer all questions.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the amazing review! We are very happy that you had such a fantastic stay at our hotel, and we hope to see you again for some more fun in paradise!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for three nights while I attended my sister's wedding (not held at this hotel). I think that this hotel has a ton of potential, if they would change a few things. First of all, I am a Platinum Member of the IHG chains and this was the first I've heard of the "Beach House" resort. I'm not sure if this is the only one or if there are more. If this is sort've a "hip" chain thing then perhaps that would explain some things. Also, please be advised that I stayed there during Spring Break, so my comments may not represent what this place is like all year.

When we checked in, the girls working at the front desk were not the most friendly people I've come in contact with. I was not greeted as a Priority Club member or a Platinum Member. I was, however, VERY happy and appreciated that they upgraded me to an ocean front balcony room. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind being treated rudely at check in anywhere if I get upgraded... I then asked the gentleman who appeared to be a bell man for a luggage cart. He replied that I could feel free to go search the hallways of the hotel for some as they had none in the front. At that point, I wondered what exactly his job was...

I did manage to track down a cart after carrying the first load up myself, where I spotted one that had been left in the hallway on our floor. Normally, I would've only been a little upset with this, but on this particular occasion, I had been in transit for almost 24 hours and hadn't slept in a while. Therefore, I was not happy with the "greeting" and "assistance" upon my arrival.

The room itself was nice. It was VERY spacious. I believe we had two double beds as they seemed a little small to be queens. The bathroom was nothing spectacular and it was actually quite small. Everything in the room looked updated though, from the flat screen TV to the furniture, fixtures and paint. The balcony literally comes out about two feet from the building, so don't plan on lounging out there or anything. The room did have a small refrigerator with freezer, but NO MICROWAVE.

The beds were quite comfortable and the air conditioning unit worked great. One word of warning though, and one of my main complaints about this hotel, is that if you plan to sleep during the daytime or like to go to bed early at night... well... I wouldn't count on it. There is a band that plays for lunch at the outdoor restaurant (probably from about 12:00PM to 2:00PM). Then another band plays in the evening (~6:00PM to 11:00PM). To say that it is loud is an understatement.

During our stay, I did eat at the hotel restaurant and it was EXCELLENT. I had the fired chicken sandwich each day for lunch and it was great. I looked in the workout room and it looked pretty well equipped. A variety of cardio equipment and a rack of dumbbells (up to 50 lbs I think) with an adjustable weight bench.

I won't mention the drunk college students who stumbled around staring at everyone with a glazed over look. I'm sure they will be back to wherever they came from pretty soon. Overall, I would stay here again and would recommend it to others. I probably wouldn't pick Spring Break to stay there though.

To the hotel management: I have several years of experience in the Guest Services/Hospitality industry and I would like to make a few recommendations. First of all, save the live music for weekends and holidays. We could barely hear ourselves think in the restaurant and we were one of maybe three couples in there. It is more of a nuisance when it is done all the time. Also, a quality bell staff would really compliment this hotel. There is something to be said for having someone else carry your luggage after a long day. Hopefully this review was helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Trent,
We are very happy that you enjoyed our recent renovations and your “excellent” meal at The Porch Southern Kitchen and Grill. We sincerely apologize that you were not offered excellent service from all of our staff. We will take all your comments into careful consideration as we strive to make our hotel better than ever, thank you. We hope to see you again when you next visit Hilton Head.

Been to Beach House Resort? Share your experiences!